Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 7  (Read 47185 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Question of the day part 7
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »

Ooh, I'd love to see a Falling Skies crossover. I bet you would be able to do that one justice!

I'd love to have a go writing it, maybe have them join the 2nd Mass :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 12:23:02 PM »

Hrmm... can't think of a question at the moment.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »

I'd love to have a go writing it, maybe have them join the 2nd Mass :)

That would be awesome! You could proably even keep them as them! How epic would that be? A boyband turned soldiers!! Write it! lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »

That would be awesome! You could proably even keep them as them! How epic would that be? A boyband turned soldiers!! Write it! lmao

Nick and Kevin shooting skitters and fish heads, I like it!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »

All of your crossover ideas sound awesome! I'd love to read your Supernatural/BSB one, Mare. I really enjoyed the one that Steph did with the same characters. And I've never even watched Supernatural lol.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »

OK, here's a question.  Have you ever posted under another name in a genre you wouldn't usually write in under your usual ID?

I've never done it, and I don't even know what made me ask the question! lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »

All of your crossover ideas sound awesome! I'd love to read your Supernatural/BSB one, Mare. I really enjoyed the one that Steph did with the same characters. And I've never even watched Supernatural lol.

When I wrote that story, I'd only just started watching it.  I highly recommend that TV show :)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »

OK, here's a question.  Have you ever posted under another name in a genre you wouldn't usually write in under your usual ID?

I've never done that here, but on Fanfiction.net I have. I've got my regular SN on there that my real life friends know about (because all my real life friends are from the anime community, so they all know about my fan fiction tendencies in those fandoms) but I wanted to write something that no one would know about, so I created an alias over there. Then the alias got way more popular so I just use that haha
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »

Nick and Kevin shooting skitters and fish heads, I like it!

Yes! I LOVE it! lmao

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »

You should watch the show, it's awesome!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »

I've never done it, and I don't even know what made me ask the question! lol

Actually yes, just when we did the April Fool's challenge. I wrote a Brian visual/romance one shot under the SN brian's big toe! LOL I was completely embarassed by that story and my descriptions I almost left it as brian's big toe but I decided to move it to my SN after the challenge and it actually got nominated for one of those trash awards and won runner up in two categories lmao which I can't believe anyone even voted for in the first place!

I don't know if I could actually write with an alias, I'm sure I would end up giving it away. LOL although maybe my alias would only write AJ and Howie slash and use cosmically huge banners!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:57:09 PM by mare »

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 12:57:52 PM »

I think if I wrote under an alias, the British words/sayings would give me away, LOL

Yes, no one would guess if you posted slash with a banner :D

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »

Oh yeah that's right! I forgot about that April Fool's challenge where we had to do the alias here. I did that too and wrote a story about Howie actually being an undercover assassin where his assignment is to kill Nick, and he ends up accidentally killing Kevin as well, haha.

Mare, I would totally read a AJ/Howie slash written by you, or your alias haha now if I ever see one on most recent I'll assume it's you :P
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »

lmao but it has to have a huge banner!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »

I've only done the alias thing for that April Fool's challenge Mare mentioned, but I later added my regular sn as a co-writer so it's listed under both names.  I'm not ashamed of anything I write and like having a variety of stories credited to my name.

That said, I get why some people do the alias thing, even within the same fandom.  It would be interesting to see if your writing got the same reaction under a different name.  Writing should speak for itself, but I think sometimes people's personalities and online behavior either contribute to the popularity of their stories or detract from it.  Posting anonymously under an alias no one knows forces people to judge you solely on your writing, not anything else.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19