Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 7  (Read 47078 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: Question of the day part 7
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2012, 03:42:41 PM »

hrm I haven't ever gotten anything outlandish...  :(
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »

I guess that one I posted would be mine!  Nothing more outlandish comes to mind at the moment LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »

I don't think I've ever gotten anything outlandish, actually! I can't really think of anything.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2012, 01:03:23 AM »

Hmmm I can't think of any on the site but on twitter I get some funny ones.

I have a nice girl that reads and she goes "can you update at 8:45 so I can read on my break." I wasn't offended but it flattered me. I love comments I get on there. Even though they didn't review on the site, it still feels good to get that response.

Has anyone else gotten feedback via twitter or another source?

girlboo02

• Fledgling
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2012, 07:17:47 AM »

Before I went missing from fan fic world I had someone find me on MySpace and tell me they loved my work. Kinda creepy cause I never use my real last name reguarding my fics.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »

I occasionally get feedback on Twitter or on other forums and sometimes still through email or my Yahoo Group for my site.  But most of my feedback comes in review form from AC these days, which I prefer - it's easier to keep track of here.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »

Sometimes I get feedback on twitter. I found out on twitter that more people were reading Forever Like This than I thought were so that was cool. But generally feedback comes in the form of a review, yeah!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »

I haven't received that many outlandish reviews either. Probably the ones that actually asked me if I was Nick or worked for the boys would be the closest thing to 'out there' lol

I mostly get feedback on the site but every once in a while I'll get a random email from someone about a story and that always makes me smile. I tend to not get feedback on twitter however I do sometimes see people talking about my stories on there which also makes me smile. Especially when it's someone who I didn't even  know read my stuff then I smile and think "Hrmm why haven't they reviewed me ever?" lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #263 on: October 20, 2012, 06:11:03 AM »

Don't think I've ever had feedback on Twitter, it's just on the site.  The only email I've ever got about a story was from the person who asked to copy my story and thought I was writing about real events.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #264 on: October 20, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »

I haven't gotten any outlandish reviews really, though one said I was either insane or had a good imagination lmfao. I was like - I think it's a combo of both. I've gotten emails and tweets now and then, it's always nice. And if it's brought to my attention someone's tweeting about my story (even if it's not directly), I'll usually tweet them and thank them. I'll take compliments anywhere LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »

What do you think your biggest flaw is when it comes to writing fanfic?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »

I know that my biggest flaw is with flow and sentence fragments.

Um also probably not finishing things that I start lol I find either write something very quickly, or it literally takes years. For instance, Forever Like This and Running Up That Hill are both going to end up being around the same amount of chapters. Forever Like This took about a month and a half to write, not including the month I was posting it (because I waited until it was done). Running Up That Hill I started two years ago and I'm still chugging along lol.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »

I think my biggest flaw is lack of originality.  My ideas are usually inspired by other people's ideas, or I recycle my own storylines.  I don't have many ideas that I think are really creative and original.

I think I'm also overly ambitious.  I tend to bite off more than I can chew, either with too many stories going at once or too much going on in one story.  My projects always seem to take years to finish, either because the stories are just really long or because I only write on them once in a blue moon.  I used to be a writer who wrote one story at a time and finished each one in about a month, but that was a long, long time ago.  I kind of wish I could still be that way without sacrificing the quality of my writing.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #268 on: October 21, 2012, 12:41:29 AM »

One of my biggest flaws is the fact that I worry too much, especially about what other people think. I also am getting better with my confidence but sometimes I feel I could improve that as well.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #269 on: October 21, 2012, 01:50:11 AM »

My biggest flaw is my overeagerness to jump into projects. I've gotten better but I still get blocked so then delays happen. I feel bad about it anytime it happens too. I can't just focus on one story, I try and I fail LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19