Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: N00B!  (Read 9527 times)

shark_carter

• Fledgling
Re: N00B!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »

Hello, Sheena. I am Ritz from the Philippines but currently in Dubai with my husband. Welcome back to AC! :)

Ooh Dubai! That must be cool. Do you like it there?
Twitter: @shark_carter

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:34 AM »

Hey Sheena, since you were around a long time ago, back in the day what was your pen name and some of the stories you have written? I bet a few of us have read them.

Oh my gosh what a through back! Haha

This may be dating myself but back when I used to frequent AC there wasn't a lot of people signed up, it was mostly Chaos posting Ground Zero, which is what first brought me to the site back in "the day". There were a few others posting but everyone seemed to have their own sites going on.

I was hosted on a site run  by my friend Jennifer, we started it in 99 or 00 or so and it was on one of those Angelfire pages where it was like angelfire.com/Hollywood/SunsetStrip/6555/Index with the longest and most confusing address ever! Haha

I think it was called Fan Fiction Isle or Tropical Island Fan Fiction. We cowrote this story that was about gangs and all the different gangs were different boybands like 5ive was in it and Boyzone, all these British boybands we liked as well as BSB and NSync. Terrible! That was one of the ones I read recently - some of it was handwritten on scraps of binder paper! Haha

I also wrote this story called Quit Playing Games with My Mind and I guess I was foreshadowing because it was about Nick getting addicted to drugs. But in the end it was all Brian's dream that he'd had after getting hit by a car.

Seriously, I don't know how I came up with these things. I probably should have spent more time doing homework!  :D

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »

Isn't it awesome!!?? I've seen it once and immediately went and bought the soundtrack because it's so funny!
it is, my friend brought me the songs ... I am working on convincing my hubby and friend to go with me again. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 02:30:02 PM »

Hi Sheena! Sociology huh? I'm studying that and Psychology. What were you originally looking to get a career in? I've been focusing on marriage and family studies mostly when it comes to soc. I find the research in that to be pretty interesting. What about you?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 04:28:54 AM »

Ooh Dubai! That must be cool. Do you like it there?

Dubai is amazing, but I'd rather be home in the Philippines with my kids. Dubai is the kind of place you will enjoy going to for a vacation, but can't imagine myself getting settled here.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 10:20:47 AM »

Hi Sheena! Sociology huh? I'm studying that and Psychology. What were you originally looking to get a career in? I've been focusing on marriage and family studies mostly when it comes to soc. I find the research in that to be pretty interesting. What about you?

Hey! That's so cool that you're sort of following the same path. It took me a long time finish my degree because I couldn't quite settle on what I wanted. (I'm one of those people! Haha)

I tried going down the psychology path but I failed the same damn statistics course three times before deciding to give up the fight! I really feel like the professor had a lot to do with it though because I had no other problems with statistics once I switched majors.

I focused on community health and aging populations so ideally I'd like to work for the government developing policies/strategies for health care promotion. :)

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 10:21:54 AM »

Dubai is amazing, but I'd rather be home in the Philippines with my kids. Dubai is the kind of place you will enjoy going to for a vacation, but can't imagine myself getting settled here.

AWW that sucks that your kids aren't there with you :(

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 05:02:53 PM »

Hey! That's so cool that you're sort of following the same path. It took me a long time finish my degree because I couldn't quite settle on what I wanted. (I'm one of those people! Haha)

I tried going down the psychology path but I failed the same damn statistics course three times before deciding to give up the fight! I really feel like the professor had a lot to do with it though because I had no other problems with statistics once I switched majors.

I focused on community health and aging populations so ideally I'd like to work for the government developing policies/strategies for health care promotion. :)

I hated statistics. Though if I remember right, it's the same course for either major. I know when I took it, it had the label of Psych 231 and Soc 231. And that there were plenty of people for both majors in the class. Funny how when you switched majors the same course seemed easier LOL.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »

I hated statistics. Though if I remember right, it's the same course for either major. I know when I took it, it had the label of Psych 231 and Soc 231. And that there were plenty of people for both majors in the class. Funny how when you switched majors the same course seemed easier LOL.

Oh geez, thanking my lucky stars I didn’t go to your school or I would have been in trouble! haha They were two separate courses for me. The one I struggled with was a Psyc 202 stats course with lecture and lab. When I changed my whole schedule around I took Socy 211. It’s a less intense, half credit course with lecture and no lab and I took a half credit Research Methods course too. The Psyc course is an exemption, you can’t use it towards a Soc degree and vice versa. I really think the facilitator played a huge part in how I finally “got it”, too. Maybe it's cliche but teachers really do make the difference!
It’s interesting to see how each school differs in offering the same degrees -- especially cross border! It’s a wonder that everyone ends up knowing the same things.  :D

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 11:07:06 AM »

Statistics!! I LOVED statistics! the class was so easy and such a cake class for me......  but I guess it would be for a math major *whistles*
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 05:35:22 PM »

Statistics!! I LOVED statistics! the class was so easy and such a cake class for me......  but I guess it would be for a math major *whistles*

You can have it! Haha

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 07:29:41 PM »

I was good at stats, but I hate math lol. That's why I'm surprised it's different classes for you, because that's all it is essentially, a math class. My prof used to say it didn't matter your major because the formulas and methods of running the data were the same either way LOL.

Very evil subject.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »

My stats class was awesome because of the approach my teacher had though.  He very much thought that memorizing formulas was stupid.  In the real world if you needed a formula you would look it up.  Our quizzes were open book/note and our tests were open note (one page of notes and you'd be shocked how much ppl shoved on a page that wasn't necessary).   All questions were taken from homework with numbers changed so if you did the homework you would pass the quiz, since we could use the homework on the quiz.  If you did the homework and didn't understand something it was up to you to ask or not pass the quizzes/tests.   

It was a relief to have a teacher like that when all my other math teachers were having me memorize formulas.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »

Well yeah if I hadn't been forced to memorize formulas for shit like T-scores I wouldn't have hated it so much LOL.

Pages: 1 [2]