Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: N00B!  (Read 9601 times)

shark_carter

• Fledgling
N00B!
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and returning to AC.

Back when I used to frequent the site though this forum didn't exist so this is pretty awesome and looks like it'll be a lot of fun! :)

My name is Sheena, I'm 28 years old (yikes!) I was born and raised in a town outside of Dayton, Ohio called Beavercreek. When I was 20 I moved to Kingston, Ontario to attend Queen's University where I got my BAH in Sociology. I met my then boyfriend, now husband, during school and never left!

Now I sell cell phones. You know what they say, what do you do with an BAH in sociology? LOL (anyone who likes Avenue Q will get that one!)

Though I do feel like sometimes the human social experiences that I witness while working retail is a bit like a field study, so I pretend that it's all just research.

I was into fanfic a long time ago but school took over my life around the same time that BSB dropped off the planet for a while and I dropped off with them fandom-wise. Now that I'm done with school and have a bit more free time I want to get back into it and I'm working on writing a few things as well as reading many others!

My favourite BSB is Nick, my favourite writers are Pengi and Karah, I like pepperoni pizza and long walks on the beach... LOL

I'm on Twitter now, too! I'd always gone and checked BSB's and Nick's twitter page but I didn't have one of my own to follow on because I didn't think I would have much use for it. I decided though that I would get more "connected" and started one up! My username on there is also shark_carter. Yes, I know, I stole Nick's instagram username but I thought it was SO CUTE so when I was trying to think of a username I decided to pay homage to him LOL SO.... FOLLOW ME! haha

This is long so I'm going to stop now. :) HI AGAIN!
Twitter: @shark_carter

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: N00B!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 02:08:55 PM »

Welcome Sheena, I'm Steph from the UK :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Sheena! :)

It's always nice when people come back after a long hiatus!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 02:14:22 PM »

Welcome Sheena, I'm Steph from the UK :)

Hi Steph! Nice to meet you! :D

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Sheena! :)

It's always nice when people come back after a long hiatus!

Thanks! It's nice to be back. Things have changed a bit but not so much that I don't remember what to do lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:17:11 PM »

That's always a good thing lol kind of like riding a bike, right?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »

Welcome Sheena! I'm Steph too haha but people call me Saka-Steph to differentiate :) What kind of fics do you like to write?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »

That's always a good thing lol kind of like riding a bike, right?

Haha it's funny you say that because I always tell people that I wish riding a bike was like riding a bike - I need training wheels, I swear! :P

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »

Welcome Sheena! I'm Steph too haha but people call me Saka-Steph to differentiate :) What kind of fics do you like to write?

Lots of Stephs to keep straight! haha I'm a big romance fan and always have been. There's just something about a really sweet love story that appeals to me. I can take or leave the smutty side of fanfic, I accept that it makes a lot of romance stuff realistic but for me it's the relationship that is the real story.

In my own fics that I write it's romance but it's pretty PG-13 compared to a lot of stuff out there! I like the human interest side of relationships. .. I guess that's why I took sociology in school! :)

How about you??

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »

Hi Sheena I'm Purpura or Lore I'll answer to either.  I got your Avenue Q reference cause I saw it on Saturday!!! LOL

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 05:24:03 PM »

Yeah, I definitely feel the same way about romance! I love the raw emotional part of it and really like to dig into the characters. It's my favorite genre and I usually write about Nick. Tried writing an AJ romance once, couldn't get into it at all lol. I also like writing really true to life stuff based on events that really happened to the boys with a bit of a fictional twist.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »

Welcome Sheena!  I'm really glad you're not a Nick poser.  I was a little concerned when I saw your username LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 04:15:05 AM »

Hello, Sheena. I am Ritz from the Philippines but currently in Dubai with my husband. Welcome back to AC! :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »

Hey Sheena, since you were around a long time ago, back in the day what was your pen name and some of the stories you have written? I bet a few of us have read them.

shark_carter

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 09:17:45 AM »

Hi Sheena I'm Purpura or Lore I'll answer to either.  I got your Avenue Q reference cause I saw it on Saturday!!! LOL

Isn't it awesome!!?? I've seen it once and immediately went and bought the soundtrack because it's so funny!
Pages: [1] 2