Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 4506 times)

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« on: October 01, 2012, 03:28:49 AM »

Hi all! I'm a newbie so I thought I'd come on here and introduce myself :) So, my name is Jessica, I'm 22 and from Australia. I'm in my last year of university and studying to become a Secondary School teacher.

Fanfiction wise - I used to write a lot of Harry Potter fanfiction on fanfiction.net and even though I haven't written anything for a good six years (I've been busy lol) I'm still a big fan of fanfiction and reading in general.

Backstreet wise? Well, they formed when I was just about to turn 3 so I can't brag being an original fan or anything but I have loved them since I was 8. Brian and Nick have always been my favourites, but I love all the guys!

At the moment I've been writing a fanfic called 'Brothers' which is just a whole lot of drama and bromance. Bromance is my secret love (shh!). If you ever read my fanfics, I apologise in advance for the Aussie language. I try to keep it American ie. cell phones instead of mobiles, but I don't get the US style units of measurements (pounds, miles, feet etc), so I'll most likely use km, m, cm, mg, kg etc.

Anyways, I'm really excited to be here and I can't wait to meet you all! Oh and just before I head off, thanks to everyone who has welcomed me so far, especially Mare!

Jess

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 04:12:06 AM »

Welcome to the forum. I'm Tracy or Delphina. I was on fanfiction.net a long time ago myself and I love bromances too lol. I'm also a big fan of harry potter. Nice to see you on the forum, I love your story. It's really nice to see something different on the site!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 06:09:16 AM »

Glad you made your way to the forum, Jess! It's great to have you here. I love bromances as well if you didn't already know! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 06:35:40 AM »

Welcome, Jess!  I love Harry Potter as well, although I've never gotten into HP fanfic. 
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:36:38 AM »

Welcome Jess! I used to be on Fanfiction.net too, I read some HP fics but I've never written any. I'm really enjoying your story :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »

Welcome Jess, I'm Steph from the UK and have the same problem with trying not to make my stories sound too British, lol.  Really enjoying your story :)

I love Harry Potter too, but the only fanfics I've read are the couple of cross-overs on here, one of which is by Julie (Rockofages75).

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »

Hello Jess welcome to the board! 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 03:01:45 AM »

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to going through people's stories too! Haven't really found much besides romance which is ok but I only like it in small doses :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »

Yeah, seems like romance is taking over the most recent page but there are a TON of non romances on AC. Most of us on the forum are drama/suspense/fantasy writers. If you check some of the debate topics or things in the general discussion boards we're always recommending stories in there. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 08:03:33 PM »

I write stuff that is non romance and Mare's stories are a must read, just saying ;)

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 06:14:57 AM »

I haven't been on here for a while. I have a butt load of assignments I've been trying to catch up on. Any specific recommendation s though?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 07:25:09 AM »

It depends on what kinds of stories you like to read? drama, suspense, comedy, bromance? lol