Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: FS for October: Twisted by BiLittrell  (Read 3543 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for October: Twisted by BiLittrell
« on: October 01, 2012, 06:06:45 AM »

Hello and Happy October!

This month's featured author is Lisa and she has chosen her story Twisted to be the one discussed, so pop in this month and let Lisa know what you think of her story. I'm sure she'd be happy to answer any questions you may have and it's always nice to read comments about your work.

If you haven't read it yet, here's the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10721&warning=5

I'll be checking in once a week or so with some questions for you, Lisa!

Happy reading everyone!! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
Re: FS for October: Twisted by BiLittrell
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »

Thank you :)
- Lisa

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »

Here are some questions to start you off :)

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? Hmm.. I'm not sure really.. I might have to come back to this question.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? A year and a half.. i kept changing my idea so much on the direction that it was going in that I decided to take a break on it, then come back. it worked.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. - Ok, so its a story of a girl, who decides to embark on a journey of following her favourite boybander around on tour, vying for his affections, only there's a twist (hence the title) and things don't go the way she plans. She goes for one boybander, and ends up falling for another. (i know this isn't very good. I suck at summaries)

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? I'd been thinking of ideas for a new story - different from what I usually did. I'd been pondering doing a Donnie Wahlberg fanfic when the idea struck me.  It was so new to me though, which is why Nick is featured in the story as well.

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? Lola for sure. She was daring and went for her dreams. Not saying that her dreams are mine, but I'd love to just upsticks and follow my heart.

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? Least fave... hmm.. dare I say Nick? It was a change for me, writing him like I did.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? It started as a Donnie Wahlberg fan fiction, but I couldn't steer away from bsb then, so Nick is in it too. He is just as much a main character as Donnie, he just isn't featured in the banner for the story.
- Lisa

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »

Just thought i'd check in!

So Lisa, how long have you been a fan of NKOTB? Have you always written NK stories or is it because of the collab with BSB?

What is it about Donnie and Nick that you feel they make the perfect male leads?

When you saw them get to interact with each other for real, did that help you with the inspiration to write about them?

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »

Just thought i'd check in!

So Lisa, how long have you been a fan of NKOTB? Have you always written NK stories or is it because of the collab with BSB?

What is it about Donnie and Nick that you feel they make the perfect male leads?

When you saw them get to interact with each other for real, did that help you with the inspiration to write about them?

Actually only really been a New Kid fan in the last year or so. The collab deffo made me pay attention to them more. I was already a Mark Wahlberg fan, so I think I naturally gravitated towards Donnie.

I think with Donnie and Nick.. it was because Nick I was comofrtable with, being I'd written a few stories already with him as the lead character. I started writing Donnie because I wanted a challenge.. a change. Having people tell me I wrote him just like they saw him made me feel like i achieved something.

Yes, seeing them interact definitely made me write more for the story. I stopped writing for a while, but seeing the tour helped for sure :)

Thanks for asking questions.. I don't mind that no one else is asking or anything.. I see the read count go up.. that's all that matters :)
- Lisa

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 07:50:53 AM »

That must have been neat for you then to see the two groups together and interacting. I enjoy some Mark Whalberg as well. I'm not a NKOTB fan at all, which is no secret lol but I do sometimes enjoy Donnie the actor.

When you write, do you usually write in real time or back in the day? Are most of your stories guys as themselves or do you write AUs?

How do you come up with your female characters? Do you draw inspiration from people you know or base anyone on yourself? In this story which character do you relate to the most?

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »

That must have been neat for you then to see the two groups together and interacting. I enjoy some Mark Whalberg as well. I'm not a NKOTB fan at all, which is no secret lol but I do sometimes enjoy Donnie the actor.

When you write, do you usually write in real time or back in the day? Are most of your stories guys as themselves or do you write AUs?

How do you come up with your female characters? Do you draw inspiration from people you know or base anyone on yourself? In this story which character do you relate to the most?

I was a Mark fan right from when I was a kid, haha. Still adore him!

I tend to write in real time, which is weird cos its never my intention. I guess I find it easier. Unless the story flashes forward.

I have written AU. My story Dear Hollie is an AU. Nick's the star character in it. Been working on another story as well, but I'm treating that as my side project until I have completed Dear Hollie.

I don't really base anyone on me. That would feel weird, LOL. I guess I just get an idea in my head and go with it.

As for who do I relate to in this story... I'm really not sure. I don't think I relate to anyone, haha! Although Lola was unhappy in her job, and I kinda am too LOL!
- Lisa

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »

If you were going to make your story into a movie, how would you cast it and you can't cheat and really use Donnie and Nick or even Mark! :P lol

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »

If you were going to make your story into a movie, how would you cast it and you can't cheat and really use Donnie and Nick or even Mark! :P lol

Ooooh good question!!! Who would I cast? Hmmm.. as Nick.. I'd probably have Paul Walker. Donnie, I'd have Jason Statham, and Lola would be played by Amy Adams, but with her hair like it was in Enchanted haha!
- Lisa

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 05:09:40 AM »

I can't picture Jason Statham. I'll have to look him up lol

Do you have a favorite scene or quote from the story? And this just isn't for Lisa but anyone else who may have read it.

Are you making or possibly already made a sequel to this story?

What stories are you currently working on now?

And I want to apologize ahead of time if I suddenly disappear before the end of the month since I'm in the path of the lovely Frankenstorm and might lose power for God knows how long. If that's the case, Lisa will just stay featured until I come back online but hopefully I will NOT lose power and it'll end up being more of a Frankenweenie then Frankenstorm. lol