Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 3749 times)

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
Another Newbie
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:01:42 AM »

Hi everyone!  I'm Emily from Kentucky.  I've been registered on the site about 9 months or so and I started reading/writing fan fiction about 15 (!) years ago when the Boys were new in the US and I was a total teenybopper with posters all over my room.  I stopped around the time I started college and rediscovered it after playing around on the internet some after going to a NKOTBSB concert with some old friends who who shared my love for all things BSB so many years ago.  Then, I found an old notebook full of fanfic from when I was about 14 in my parents' house under the bed in my old bedroom.  I started re-writing (and leaving several excerpts exactly the same, actually) a lot of what was in that old notebook on here several months ago as a story titled "Forever," and abandoned it for a while for a new idea I came up with that I am currently still working on.  When that one is finished, I do plan to go back to "Forever" and try to finish it just for nostalgia's sake.  That was such a fun time in my life, and re-living the fanfic fantasies of my younger self has been a lot of fun! 

Once upon a time (fanfic-writing Emily circa 1999), I thought I would become a writer, and somewhere along the line, I ended up going for a career that is totally different (though I do write and publish my department's bi-monthly newsletter...b ut I digress....).  I hadn't done any fiction writing in so long that I found I was pretty rusty, so while writing fanfic, I'm trying to hone my writing skills once again.  There are so many talented writers on this site, and I'm excited to be a part of it!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:38:58 PM »

Hi Emily, welcome to AC, I'm Steph :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »

Welcome to the board, Emily! I'm glad you finally made it lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »

Welcome, Emily!  It's always nice to see people who used to write back in the good old days come back to the fandom and to fanfic! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »

Hi Emily! Welcome to AC :) People call me Saka-Steph, haha.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »

hello Emily, welcome, I am Lore. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-