Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Why can't the stars go away?  (Read 42099 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Why can't the stars go away?
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2007, 11:05:08 PM »

Well he IS a talking squirrel who thinks he's Superman.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2007, 11:41:45 PM »

I didn't know he talked. And... How does he keep that superman suit under his fur?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2007, 11:42:53 PM »

Aww I agree about the stay at home mom thing. Toughest job in the universe that I want someday.

And yes I will gladly tell you ame goes to anyone. I'll PM it to you. Ugh to people who take the time to purposely lower star counts! That is just wrong unless they give you a review that makes sense to go along with the counts. I really want them to go away!

lol awww i understand that. if someone said 'your story suck' and give me a 4, it makes sense. but i've read this thread and it's amusing how readers can go 'i love it!' and give you a 5 or something. i dont see 'i love it!' equates to a 5 rating, lol.
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2007, 11:44:11 PM »

I didn't know he talked. And... How does he keep that superman suit under his fur?

LMAO!!! i'd love to find that out too! maybe his fur comes with a zipper!

what really interest me is to see him with those red laser beam coming out of his eyes! that'd be um...super!
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2007, 12:04:38 AM »

LMAO!!! i'd love to find that out too! maybe his fur comes with a zipper!

what really interest me is to see him with those red laser beam coming out of his eyes! that'd be um...super!

A zipper. That makes sense.

Ooh, or him flying. Since he doesn't have those flying squirell glider things.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2007, 12:08:18 AM »

A zipper. That makes sense.

Ooh, or him flying. Since he doesn't have those
flying squirell glider things.

dude, it totally does! *laughs like crazy*

do those come for cats? i really want my cat to fly!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2007, 12:28:08 AM »

I don't know.... I think they're made from flaps in the squirrel's skin....

Maybe if your cat got really fat and then lost all the weight and it's skin was still stretched out.... ???
~*Dee*~

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2007, 04:45:08 AM »

I don't know.... I think they're made from flaps in the squirrel's skin....

Maybe if your cat got really fat and then lost all the weight and it's skin was still stretched out.... ???

LMAO!!! awww i love my chubby cat and seeing how i hate going to the gym, i shall not put my cat through it either. i'll just have to live with a normal cat and leave the flying to super squiggy, lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

I don't know...I think if he told us all his secrets he wouldn't be very much of a super squirrel!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »

LMAO!!! awww i love my chubby cat and seeing how i hate going to the gym, i shall not put my cat through it either. i'll just have to live with a normal cat and leave the flying to super squiggy, lol.

Good plan. :) Besides, fat cats are more fun to hug anyway.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »

I don't know...I think if he told us all his secrets he wouldn't be very much of a super squirrel!

That's a very good point... I suppose we'll never know...
~*Dee*~

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2007, 01:59:55 PM »

Haha. Lovin' Squiggy!  :P

And lowering stars - grr. Mine get lowered just because the person doesn't believe in 'kids running away' so she lowers my stars when that happens in any of my fics - but it happens all the time in reality, so what is so wrong with kids running away in stories!?!? Especially when their found hours later by the parent??? Or the parent figures out where they've gone & are gonna go get 'em back? I mean, yeesh!

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2007, 02:40:44 PM »

Haha. Lovin' Squiggy!  :P

And lowering stars - grr. Mine get lowered just because the person doesn't believe in 'kids running away' so she lowers my stars when that happens in any of my fics - but it happens all the time in reality, so what is so wrong with kids running away in stories!?!? Especially when their found hours later by the parent??? Or the parent figures out where they've gone & are gonna go get 'em back? I mean, yeesh!

~Lenni~

Ugh! Well, even if it's stupid lol you have to at least appreciate the fact that she's explaining to you why she lowers your stars. The people who to your face say wow that was fantastic! And then go behind your back and purposely lower your star counts are the ones I have issues with. lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2007, 06:02:40 PM »

I agree. At least she openly admits that she lives in a fluffy world of bunnies and unicorns without children running away and such.

Either that, or she's trying to point out you might use the device too much... *shrug*
~*Dee*~

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2007, 12:55:55 AM »

There's only two fics of mine where a kid runs away. Yeah, least she admits she don't believe in it & stuff. And surpisingly, she didn't lower the stars to my fic for the june challenge! Yay!!!!!!!!

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15