Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Why can't the stars go away?  (Read 42257 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Why can't the stars go away?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2007, 04:20:39 PM »

Yes I can see lol but even before I could it's easy to tell if you have 5 and then right after someone gives you a review it jumps down to less than that. Although there are people who don't revew and just do the stars.

Yeah someone brought down the stars but didn't leave a review. It's annoying! lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2007, 04:56:26 PM »

Which is extrememly annoying. Because then you don't even know who to be frustrated with. :(

I know! that is frustrating!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2007, 04:56:43 PM »

Yeah someone brought down the stars but didn't leave a review. It's annoying! lol

Ugh to them then. Are you talking about Just Another Day? I checked for you and the stars were lowered in the first chapter and it wasn't from a review. I wish people would just have the guts to step up and say what the deal is lol
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 05:00:21 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2007, 08:35:12 PM »

does it really frustrate you when the stars go down though? I mean several of my stories have had that happen and I pay about as much attention to that as I actually give out the stars. I could have someone give me all zero's and it wouldn't bother me. I really only ever look at the reviews.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2007, 08:40:42 PM »

does it really frustrate you when the stars go down though? I mean several of my stories have had that happen and I pay about as much attention to that as I actually give out the stars. I could have someone give me all zero's and it wouldn't bother me. I really only ever look at the reviews.

LOL it shouldn't but it does. I have no idea why. Probably because i'm getting good reviews but the stars indicate otherwise. I guess I just get frustrated by it. It's one of those petty things and it's always the same person which is the most annoying thing ever.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2007, 08:57:48 PM »

It frustrates me because I don't get any reviews, but my stars are constantly going down more than what it seems the people reviewing would rate. So obviously the people who do read my work decide it's fun to pick on me. :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2007, 10:53:31 PM »

It frustrates me because I KNOW who it is - she's even told me she has! Though, she claims to never lower it lower than a 9. *rolls eyes* I mean, even after I explained the freakin' chapter to her & asked in the author's note for people to NOT lower my stars for that chapter, she did! All because she didn't like the fact the kid was running away - when really, she was just testing her guardian. Yeesh!

And Elliot's Girl - I was SO proud of that story, then she decided to lower my stars the moment someone ran away & I haven't really written any since, 'cause it was like she burst my happy lil' balloon - I haven't felt as proud of it. But, for all I know, it could just be me & my lost muse. Oye vey.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2007, 11:13:59 PM »

question, how do you know who lowers your star count? lol

Cause I always HATE it when that happens and sometimes would love to know who did it.

I've been able to tell with mine just through process of elimination.  I usually only get one or two reviews per chapter, so if someone gave me three stars for a chapter, and there was only one review... then I know who knocked down my stars.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2007, 01:48:05 AM »

Ugh to them then. Are you talking about Just Another Day? I checked for you and the stars were lowered in the first chapter and it wasn't from a review. I wish people would just have the guts to step up and say what the deal is lol

Yup, cause the only review for the first one is Kelly and I knew it wasn't her lol. If they could at least say WHY they did that, I wouldn't have a problem. But they can't even tell me and its annoying.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »

Yup, cause the only review for the first one is Kelly and I knew it wasn't her lol. If they could at least say WHY they did that, I wouldn't have a problem. But they can't even tell me and its annoying.

yup! lol It wasn't me.  ;D

A. I love your story and would never dream of lowering your beloved stars!! and B. I'm too lazy to do so even when I don't like what I've read.

but since we're on the subject, JAD is super good people, you should go read it  ;)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »

yup! lol It wasn't me.  ;D

A. I love your story and would never dream of lowering your beloved stars!! and B. I'm too lazy to do so even when I don't like what I've read.

but since we're on the subject, JAD is super good people, you should go read it  ;)

LOL *hugs my free promo lol*

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 04:10:33 PM »

*sniff* Where's my free promo?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 05:45:42 PM »

Awww, Dee, I give you free promos all the time  ;D  It was Rose's turn.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2007, 10:30:36 PM »

Alright, I suppose so...
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
The stars SUCK!
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2007, 01:14:33 AM »

Half my story ratings went from 4 1/2 stars to 4 and I haven't gotten a new review for ANY of them. Okay, some are older and not as good as say JAD but JAD dropped again too! Grrrrrr!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15