Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 8  (Read 47909 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Question of the day part 8
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »

Yeah, I found it OK using it as I write all my stories in word too.  Was a bit fiddly to begin with though as I'd never tried creating a website before that.  But once I knew what I was doing, I was fine.  Maybe I'll create a Wordpress one just to save my stuff as a back up.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2013, 04:30:47 PM »

I'm an open book; all of my old stories and stuff are still online.  Even though they're embarrassing, I'm too sentimental to take them down.  When I moved my site, I didn't move any of my stories that are more than ten years old over to Wordpress, though, because I don't really want them lumped in with the rest of my stuff.  They're archived on their own site.  The quality of writing is so different that I didn't want someone who had never read any of my stuff to stumble onto my site and start with one of my really old stories and judge me as a writer based on that.  That said, if I was really that embarrassed of those stories, they wouldn't be online at all.  I kind of like leaving them up because they're evidence of how young and naive I was when I started writing and how much I've grown since.

I think the stories that would probably embarrass me the most are actually the ones I'm probably best known for, Broken and By My Side, because they're the transitional stories that bridge the gap between the "old, bad" ones I wrote in high school and the more recent ones I've written as an adult.  I can't just write them off as bad stories I wrote a long time ago because they still mean a lot to me, but there's also a lot about them that would embarrass me if I knew they were being read by anyone who's not a fan of BSB fanfic.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:32:58 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2013, 04:32:25 PM »

Yeah, I found it OK using it as I write all my stories in word too.  Was a bit fiddly to begin with though as I'd never tried creating a website before that.  But once I knew what I was doing, I was fine.  Maybe I'll create a Wordpress one just to save my stuff as a back up.

Wordpress is pretty easy once you get it set up.  I wasn't sure about it at first, but I like it now.  It's always nice to have a place to post your stuff that you're in complete control of, just in case.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2013, 04:11:13 AM »

Hmmm some of my early stuff yes because the writing isn't the greatest. I haven't deleted them, they're still on AC. I don't think I'll be moving them to my site though., but I'm too sentimental like Julie to delete lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2013, 05:11:58 AM »

Sad to say that I'd be embarrassed by everything because it's BSB fan fiction and the thought I would be discovered as a fanfic writer would totally humiliate me. I know that's horrible to say but it's the truth lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »

LOL It's not horrible to say; that's why I write under a pen name.  When I say I'm an open book and not embarrassed, that's really only around BSB fans.  I would die of embarrassment if anyone from my real life read my stuff or even knew I was writing it.  So I guess if I did become a famous published writer and my fanfic was discovered, I would be embarrassed of it all.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2013, 05:52:15 PM »

Yes, I'd be embarrassed if anyone outside of here read my stuff too, I don't tell anyone about the writing.  But amongst other fanfic writers, I'd be OK apart from a couple of cringeworthy stories that I have posted :)

Talking of cringing, my kids found Bot Fly Jordan and I had to kind of explain myself without telling them about the story LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

LMAO!!!  Oh no!  What did you tell them?

I still keep Broken Nick doll hidden inside an old pair of sweatpants in a box of junk on the top shelf of my closet, even though I live alone.  I have a whole collection of random things on display, but that one is too specific to be able to explain away with, "I like it because it's weird" or "Oh, it's just an inside joke." LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »

I keep my It Stays With You Nick doll in his box on the top shelf of my bookcase lol I have no clue how to explain that one if anyone ever asked.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2013, 09:01:08 PM »

Did you ever post pics of your It Stays With You Nick doll?!  I know I saw one as Steph was making it, but I don't remember ever seeing the finished product!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »

Yup, when I got it I believe I posted pics on either here or twitter.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2013, 10:13:22 PM »

Aww, I must have missed it on Twitter!  Found it though: https://twitter.com/bitybella/status/299621976216047616/photo/1  Very nice; it didn't have all the bandages when I last saw it LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #252 on: April 07, 2013, 04:33:08 AM »

She did a great job! LOL We are all SO weird!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »

LMAO Yes we are, but at least we're in good company!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #254 on: April 07, 2013, 03:39:24 PM »

We are so weird, but good that we're all weird together lol.

OMG the doll was hidden in the box down the side of my bed where the kids never ever look.  I don't know what they were doing, but Holly found it and said "Mum, who's Bot Fly Jordan?", I ran upstairs to find Jordan out of his box LOL.  I had to think of a reason, so told them that a bunch of friends like to joke around and that one of my friends decided to make me a dead Jordan Knight doll.  They didn't ask anything else, I think they are as weird as me LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19