Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 8  (Read 47920 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the day part 8
« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2013, 04:15:10 PM »

lmao brilliant!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »

LMAO I like that they just accepted that.  "Whatever, Mum's friends are just weird!"
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #257 on: April 08, 2013, 09:26:16 AM »

If I became a famous enough author that people found out that I wrote fanfic about the boys I'm not sure at that point I'd be embarassed.  But I am not in that position so I can't answer for sure, I really am not positive if I would be embarassed or not.  I have several people in real life that know I write it and I have a friend or two that have read them.   

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2013, 06:21:56 PM »

Hey everyone it's been a while.

So I think I have a good question...

What authors do you miss and why? Is there a story you wish you could reread, but know you never will?

haha just trying to start conversation.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:06 PM »

It has been awhile!  Welcome back, and thanks for posting a new question!

Authors I miss... Jenna (though she did just start a new story recently), Sarah (starbeamz), Bianca, Susan, Jen (JJ), and Mare (as a fanfic author).  These were all people who were/are friends of mine, as well as being authors of some of my favorite stories.

I am good about saving stories I really like so that I can reread them even if they get taken down, but there are a few stories I've lost along the way.  The one I most wish I could reread is "Lost Innocence," the third story in the Nick and Lizz Series by Jenna and Auctor.  The other stories are still available, but that one is just completely gone, so it's like there's a hole in the series.  Another one that comes to mind is a story called "Saving Grace" that was on a website called Wiggycool's Hangout back in like 1999.  It was one of the early fanfics I read, and it wasn't finished; then the site went down, and I could never find the story again.  It probably wasn't really that good, judging by some of the other stories I liked back then LOL, but I would still like to be able to read it again for nostalgia's sake.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »

I was so happy to see a new question! YAY Erika! lol

I really miss some of the older writers who kind of vanished like Mersey, Refuse, Susan, Chaos, Izzy and Eboni. I miss all the action/suspense stories and the bromances!

I am not a person who rereads many things but there are a few stories I would put on my 'it would be nice to reread that' list. "Seven Days" and "Can You Keep a Secret" are two that come to mind.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2013, 09:43:28 PM »

As a follow-up to the rereading thing, what fanfic have you read (and re-read) the most?

For me, it would probably be Where Can We Go From Here and Cover Me With Dreams.  That's why I list those as my all-time favorites; I just keep coming back to them.  Signal to Noise is another one I've read probably at least 3 times in its entirety.  I am a re-reader, but there aren't many novel-length fics I've read more than twice all the way through.

Do you ever re-read your own stories, other than for the challenge we did here or for research purposes (like to refresh your memory to write something later in the story or in the sequel)?
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #262 on: May 15, 2013, 03:47:52 PM »

Yay, good to see you back Erika!

Hmm, the writers I enjoy are still around, although Mare isn't writing anything new I still have a lot of hers to read (I've just been a bad reader recently).

I don't think I've re-read anything, but I'd like to go back and read some of the first ones I read to see what I think of them now.

In answer to Julie's question, no I never re-read my own stuff after it's finished.  The only time I did was for that challenge. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2013, 05:51:57 AM »

To answer Julie's follow up question, I never used to read my stuff but now that I've stopped writing fanfic, I have occasionally gone back and read a few. I really wanted to try to read them all but I don't have that kind of attention span or patience. I have read about five of them though. lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #264 on: May 19, 2013, 11:46:13 AM »

Usually I only re-read my stuff if I'm trying to look something up, refresh my memory, or get inspired to update it.  I rarely read one of my own stories "cover to cover" just for the hell of it because 1) I don't have the attention span, and 2) most of them make me cringe too much.  I find that I usually like my stuff better when I DON'T reread it and just remember how I felt about it as I was writing it LOL.  I did re-read Curtain Call in its entirety last summer as Mare was reading and reviewing it for the reading challenge, and I actually enjoyed that experience. 
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:42 AM »

This really isn't a fanfic related question but one I've been thinking about for awhile. Well, I guess it could be fanfic related since our perception of the boys comes largely in the way we perceive them and writing might have something to do with that. Anyway...

Which if any of the boys do you feel will be completely different then how we thought they were when this documentary comes out? Will there be anything you feel might shock you? Do you think based on  what you see, it might detract you from being a fan or possibly switching your favorite boy? (Wow that sounded so pre teen of me lmao)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »

Hm, good question.  I could see Nick surprising me because he surprises me a lot these days, in good ways.  He seems to have changed so much (for the better) over the past 5-6 years that he's like a completely different person, and he acts differently in different settings (as most of us do, I guess).  I never know what to expect from him.

Kevin's kind of a wild card just because he was out of the spotlight for so many years; it'll be interesting to see how he's changed.

I feel like I have a good handle on the other three.  AJ is pretty open about things, and I know Brian and Howie both have their wild sides, so I don't foresee them shocking me with anything.  I'm at a point in my fandom where I genuinely love each of these guys, though I'll always be a Brian girl at heart.  I don't think there's anything that could change that.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2013, 06:54:22 PM »

Ooh, follow-up question:

How has the way you portray the guys in fanfic changed over the years?
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »

I think Nick will be surprising, also Kevin.  I think AJ, Brian and Howie will be just how I imagine them to be.

As for Julie's question, I think I've made Nick more mature and AJ less of a man-whore.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2013, 06:12:48 PM »

I'm not sure if any of the guys will surprise me in this documentary. I just hope the Permanent Stain isn't in it that much. lol

As far as how my portrayal of the boys, I think one of the reasons I stopped writing is because realistically, it was getting harder to write just the five of them without all their extra baggage. As they've grown older, they've also grown apart and I've had trouble writing them in present tense without being unrealistic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19