Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Looking for fics  (Read 2325 times)

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
Looking for fics
« on: November 06, 2012, 06:38:36 AM »

Hi everyone! So I've nearly finished uni for the year and will have a lot of time on my hands to start reading fanfics. I've started compiling a list of all the fanfics I would like to start reading but I thought I'd ask for your help. So, I really like bromance (not slash). You know the whole brotherly thing between the boys? Yer, that's my thing. I like friendships around Nick and one of the other boys, but I'm down for any bromance.

I was wondering if there were any suggestions? The fics I've got so far on my list include a large chunk from Mare's list, Running up that Hill by Sakabelle, Come Together, and a few others that I've just blanked on. It would be great to get some suggestions.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Looking for fics
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »

I have Finding Carter, it's an AU but it's focused on that whole Nick/Brian relationship if you're interested. I love myself some bromances haha. I have a few favorites of my own, any of Mare's stories would be good, plus Evergreenwrite r83 and Pengi have a few good bromances they've written. I highly recommend their collaborations if you're interested :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »

I recommend What Lurks Around The Corner (plus everything else by Mare), Song For The Undead by Julie & Rose, Something Beautiful by Pengi and I'll come back when I can think of more.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »

Definitely anything by Mare!  Mare loves the bromance.  "The Importance of Fly Fishing" is a great Nick/Kevin bromance by her.

You've got a lot of great stories on your list already, and I'll second everyone's suggestions.  Another one I'll add is "Between the Lines."  It's an AU in which the Boys are baseball players, but don't let that scare you off - it's an AMAZING story, very well-written and full of bromance.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but that was the first one to come to mind that I didn't see mentioned already.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 07:02:16 PM »

People need to write more bromances! I love those kind of stories.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »

aww thanks guys for all the bromantic mentions! lol I think I've recommended all the ones I can think of but many other people have said are great ones too. I don't know if I mentioned Can You Keep a Secret by Kat and Amy but that's another oldie but goodie.

Seven Days by Refuse 2 Lose as well. Action/adventure bromance.

I agree though, there needs to be more of these! I probably would still be a very active reader of more people wrote bromance!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 05:03:17 AM »

Thanks guys for the suggestions!! I need to get on to reading all these fics asap! I've had no time and next week I'm going overseas for the first time by myself (nervous!!) but when I come back I'm gonna park by butt in front of the screen and start reading non-stop. Thanks again!!