Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: The 7-7-7 Game  (Read 3057 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The 7-7-7 Game
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »

Stolen from Facebook lol

Go to your current manuscript/fanfic and turn to either page 7 or page 77. Count down seven lines, and then copy the next seven lines here.

Have fun!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The 7-7-7 Game
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:55:37 PM »

I'm working on Song for the Undead right now, so here are 7 lines from page 77 of that:

“Those boils on his skin… they pop!”   Kevin could see the sheen of yellow pus on his glove.

“Good thing we’re wearing gloves, eh?” he replied.  “Looks like it’s stopping.”

The spasms had died down; the man’s body seemed to relax.  Sam let go of him at once and backed away.  Kevin released him more tentatively, but it seemed the fit had passed.  The man’s jaw slackened.  He was breathing raggedly.  Then, all of a sudden, his head lurched back, his throat bubbled up, and he was vomiting, a small eruption of thin, orange-ish fluid that dribbled up his nose and down his chin.

Mmm, tasty!  LOL Of course it was a vomiting scene; sometimes I feel like all I write are vomiting scenes.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »

LOL Julie, I do love a bit of gore!

As it happens, I'm re-reading Maybe Tomorrow with a hope to updating!  It's only 70 pages long so far, so here's something from page 7.

“And I thought English girls were all plain looking!  There sure are some beauties here” said Alex scanning the crowd and winking at a few pretty girls as they drove through the streets.

They eventually arrived at their destination, the base that was going to be home for however long they were needed in this war.  Stepping out of the truck, Nick and Alex stretched their legs and followed everyone else, it had been a long and bumpy ride and they were in need of something to eat and drink. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »

Okay Julie, that was gross! lol and aww Nick and Alex! :)

Here's an OF I've been working on. It's not even titled yet and this is the 7th page.

My sister asked me once, was there ever a time in my life I’ve been completely happy. The answer is simple really; I don’t know what happiness is. That word is foreign and strange to me. It’s a word I’ve always wanted to use openly and freely. It’s a word I have pretended to be more than once but it’s also a word that makes me jealous because it’s always just out of my reach. I see it dripping off of other people and all I want to do is lap it up like a dog.
I never used to be jealous of other people’s happiness, but as I have gotten older, I find it more unsettling that it’s something I might never have or be.

How is that fair, exactly?

Such a happy uplifting person I am lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 04:24:46 PM »

Page 7 of Here We Stand since it's not at 77 pages yet.

I let myself think about it. I mean really think about it. Did I really want to have it just be the four of us taking the world on? The way it had been in the last four or so years?

I shook my head and smiled. “Dude, of course I’m alright with it. Since when are you the one all unsure and shit? I thought that was my role in this crazy ass band.”

“Things have changed man; I don’t think any of us have roles anymore.”

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and the two of us headed inside where we knew AJ, Brian, and Howie would be waiting for us. I knew how I felt about it now. I was glad to have Kevin back. 
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 04:35:36 PM »

Okay Julie, that was gross! lol and aww Nick and Alex! :)

Here's an OF I've been working on. It's not even titled yet and this is the 7th page.

My sister asked me once, was there ever a time in my life I’ve been completely happy. The answer is simple really; I don’t know what happiness is. That word is foreign and strange to me. It’s a word I’ve always wanted to use openly and freely. It’s a word I have pretended to be more than once but it’s also a word that makes me jealous because it’s always just out of my reach. I see it dripping off of other people and all I want to do is lap it up like a dog.
I never used to be jealous of other people’s happiness, but as I have gotten older, I find it more unsettling that it’s something I might never have or be.

How is that fair, exactly?

Such a happy uplifting person I am lol

You know I love a good downer!  No, really, I like that excerpt!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 05:51:30 PM »

You know I love a good downer!  No, really, I like that excerpt!

Thanks!

signed,

Sally Sunshine :) LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 01:14:24 AM »

Mine only came out as 5 lines when  I posted it on here, but it was 7 on my word document, it's not that I can't count LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 04:13:01 AM »

I didn't even notice, Steph lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »

Heres something i am working on. No title yet but its interesting!

"Not in this room....keep checking. He has to be somewhere on this ship."

The one nearest me took a long sniff and then followed the other one out of the room, turning the force field back on. I breathed a sigh of relief...I'd outwitted them this time.

"Wonder who they were looking for." the old man said, settling back against the wall.

"No idea..." I whispered, feeling relieved. Luck.had been on my side for some time now, part of me wondered how long my luck would hold out.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 10:18:57 PM »

It's chapter four of my rewrite of Wulf's Bane. LOL .. I am always working on that ...

“Then why do you learn to fight? Why do you teach the young men in the village?” Tears were welling her eyes. She tried to fight them off, fighters did not cry, but she loved her father dearly and hated when he raised his voice at her.
   Her father sighed and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs.  “How did you find out?” He asked.  He didn't sound upset at her but his voice was sad. 
   “I followed you and Vincent.  You were carrying something wrapped in cloth.  I was curious. I saw you both with other boys from the village practicing. ” She sat down next to him and put her hand on his arm.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-