Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Felix Awards 2012 press room!  (Read 35246 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Felix Awards 2012 press room!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 03:26:02 AM »

As for the same people winning, I feel that comment is unfair.  The people who took part did so fairly and I'm sure no one goes into it expecting to win, after all, it is voted on by the readers. 

I know that I vote for the stories I love, I wouldn't look at the categories and think "well she's never won so I'll vote for her".  If I'm voting for the same people over again it's because I love their stories.  In fact, in some categories there were tough choices to be made.

I enjoy these awards, they're a bit of fun and I hope they'll carry on in the future!

To be honest, if I ever found out that's why someone voted for me (for example) I'd be mad. Because that's more a pity vote than, "hey her story was amazing and I loved it!" sort of deal. Like everyone's pretty much said, these things are decided by the people who take the time to vote and nominate. It is what is is.

And I for one, appreciate all the effort that our mods put into this.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 06:08:16 AM »

Ok, let's move on - I think we've beat this topic to death. :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »

I feel everyone that deserved to win, did. Yes I admit I was a bit upset myself but I am happy for my friends won. A lot of you wrote amazing stories. It's a shame there weren't many voting this time around. I love participating and hope we continue to do the awards. Felix is supposed to be for fun. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]