Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: What? No thread about Nick's engagement??  (Read 2578 times)

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
What? No thread about Nick's engagement??
« on: February 23, 2013, 07:16:09 AM »

I'm genuinely happy for him.  I think it's awesome, but honestly, I'm worried that it makes a lot of fanfic storylines a lot less believable  :P  I chose Nick for my most recent story because it seemed like something that could feasibly happen.  Of course this is just fiction, but now, we all have to either divorce them or pretend the ladies in their lives never happened...hah a.  Nick's relationship was a much easier target before they got engaged.  But seriously, again, SO happy for him.  This is just a little something that I couldn't help running through my head when I heard the news.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: What? No thread about Nick's engagement??
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:22:50 AM »

I'm really happy for Nick and Lauren, but the same thought did cross my mind LOL.  I transitioned from writing more about Brian to writing more about Nick because I felt like Nick was more flexible.  I could include romance in my Nick stories without having to write out a wife.  It's easier to just say he broke up with a girlfriend.  A wife is different.  A wife requires death, divorce, or denial of reality LOL.

That said, I'm sure this won't stop the flood of Nick romance.  A lot of writers don't care about sticking to reality anyway - the fun of fiction is in getting to make stuff up.  As for me, I may end up doing what I've done with Brian and just writing more AU or stories set in the past.  Romance isn't my main genre anyway, so I don't think it will really matter that much.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »

Just make him permanently 32 years old, problem solved lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »

LOL True, at least you have more years in Nick's life to play with.  Brian got married so young, it's not as easy with him - Leighanne's been around forever!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:34:37 AM »

I'm really happy for him! As far as fanfic goes, I might be wrong but it seems like when most people write Nick romances they hardly use Lauren anyway and insert themselves or another love interest into the mix so I don't think this will be too much of a strain on the genre except for those who can't deal with the reality of the actual situation maybe? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 03:18:24 PM »

Congrats to Nick and Lauren :)

I don't see why his getting married would have an effect on fanfics, after all, what we write is fiction.  I don't care who is in them as long as the story is good!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »

I'm happy for him!

You have more years to really play with Nick in stories. I don't write romance really so it doesn't affect me much at all. But I still think he's one of the more flexible Boys to write in fanfic even with his marriage/engagement. I don't think it'll hurt the genre much.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury