Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: FS for March: Launch by Pengi  (Read 2878 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for March: Launch by Pengi
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:22:30 AM »

Happy March everyone!

This month we are featuring Launch by Pengi. Here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11040&warning=4

Feel free to ask questions and comment :)

Happy reading!!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
Re: FS for March: Launch by Pengi
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 01:36:16 AM »

I'm STILL writing Before/After in the title box for chapters. I'M HAVING WITHDRAWALS FROM WRITING THIS SERIES!! lol  :'(
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 12:39:08 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
Originally, the story was completely different than it ended up being. All the notes I have from outlining the idea before I started writing had Nick being suicidal and driving off an overpass on the highway in an attempt to kill himself. The premise of the story was supposed to center around Ashley trying to rebuild him after everything had fallen apart. I may eventually end up writing the story that Launch was supposed to be after making a few alterations, since the story ended up so wildly different than it was originally intended to be.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
I started writing Launch in early December. I think December 12th to be exact. It and all three sequels and four one-shots that accompany it were completed before the end of February. It came quickly, naturally. The characters really wrote the story themselves. I just played along.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Nick and Ashley are best friends that met when they were little kids. They've grown up together, Nick taking Ashley's friendship for granted, and Ashley waiting for Nick to want something more. It takes the edge of death itself before Nick sees Ashley for what she is....Everythi ng he's ever wanted and more.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?
I was driving home from work one night and saw a car that had driven off the overpass onto the grassy area beside an exit ramp. Luckily for that car everything seemed okay and I was like "oh my God, what would've happened if they'd been just a couple inches to the left?" and it kind of spun from there. My mind weaves quick once I start a trail of breadcrumbs like that for it to follow....

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
Oddly enough, it was actually Oliver, if I'm allowed to point to characters from later in the series. I felt really strangely connected to Oliver's character. I don't really know why. From the story Launch specifically, I think my favorite character was Ashley herself. Nick was a bit of a tool in the first one (he gets better I swear). LOL

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Everyone's gonna be rooting for me to say Chris here but I'm not going to. I'm sorry, everyone, but it's really Brian. I've been having so many issues with writing Brian lately and I just couldn't get him to come off right in this story!! I even tried torturing him to see if that would help in engaging him and getting my creative mojo rolling with his parts in the story but no! He resisted! Ugh. But even without Brian Chris still wouldn't be my least favorite. I mean he was pure evil yes but I feel like... I don't know. I had fun writing him because he was so volatile and so unpredictable and so evil that it was almost fun the way Cruella de Ville is fun.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
The Boys are all in it, but not as major roles. It's really just Nick, with some key scenes involving AJ, and cameos from Brian, Howie and Kevin. I'm not even positive Howie says anything, actually. I think Kevin throws the Evil Brows like twice. In fact, by the third story in the series, Nick is faced with the difficult choice of whether he wants to remain in the Backstreet Boys or not....

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 07:19:33 PM »

I know you made this story into a series. What made you decide to do that?

I'm also not sure if this is the before and after story you are talking about on twitter all the time, but if it is, what made you come up with that idea?

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »

It ended up being a series because people were so interested in the characters I realized about halfway through that the ending I had storyboarded wasn't going to be enough for them. So I storyboarded out a second story... but then I got halfway through that one and an idea occurred to me for a third story that I couldn't make happen in the second one...and I realized I needed at least two more to wrap the story of the characters up appropriately.

The before and after is indeed this story... The way that started was because I wanted a lingering mystery, like you're getting the backstory in the "Before" chapters but there's this lingering knowledge that this big "after" is coming that the Before is leading up to. It was like folding the story in half so there were two narratives from different points in time. I really enjoyed the intrigue it caused where people were constantly wondering what was happening, where the click would be. I doubt I'll use the technique again (it was hard to change a storyline if need be midway this way and it's too easy to mess up and break the structure of the story by accident, plus I write with really loose outlines to begin with normally), but it was fun for this story. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »

What was your favorite scene to write?

Of the sequels, which one did you enjoy the most?

Are you sad to see your series over?