Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Twentieth Anniversary  (Read 5005 times)

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
Twentieth Anniversary
« on: April 19, 2013, 10:14:21 PM »

No new challenges have been posted lately, so I thought I'd throw one out there.  ;D

With our Boys' 20th anniversary right around the corner, my challenge is to write a story about a 20th-anniversary celebration. It can be a 20-year relationship, the 20th anniversary of a country's or people's liberty, a personal anniversary, etc. Any genre. The celebration itself could be an underlying plot or the main point of the story. The Boys don't have to be in it. (Mine, however, will have them in a fantasy story about a country celebrating 20 years of liberty. From what, I'm not sure yet; maybe a dark sorcerer queen. Ooh! And maybe Kevin and Howie were soldiers in the army against her! Or one with her, one against her?) The story can be anywhere from one chapter to twenty. (Twentieth anniversary, after all.)

Have fun, one and all! And happy 20th to our Boys!!

:party: :bsb: :wave:
[/size]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:17:34 PM by MaggieW »
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Twentieth Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »

Great idea for a challenge!  I may have an idea for it.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 10:46:57 AM »

Great idea for a challenge!  I may have an idea for it.

I can't wait!
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 01:56:16 AM »

Hey, two months later, I finally finished this challenge! LOL  Better late than never.  My entry is part of my Footprints series of short stories, which is a companion to Broken and By My Side.  It's called "Yellow Roses."

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8463&chapter=9
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 11:04:52 PM »

Well, I didn't put a deadline on the contest. My story isn't finished either. In fact I haven't worked on it since I posted the challenge...