Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51315 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
New music!
« on: April 21, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »

For those who didn't get to go to LA or watch the live stream last night, OR who just want to see it again, here's the half-hour segment where the guys shared clips of their new songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2uLzRa3YLA

I just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on the new music.  Personally, I loved almost everything I heard.  "Try" was the only one I was kind of "meh" about.  The others were all catchy, melodic, and MEANINGFUL!  I love the emotional depth and substance all these songs seem to have.  For once, they're not all love songs, and I love that!  The guys said they wrote 75% of the album themselves, and I'm SO excited to hear it!

P.S. I don't know how long this sub-board's been here - either it's fairly new, or I've just never noticed it before - but in any case, thanks for creating it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: New music!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »

I've just finished watching the stream thing and absolutely loved it, and loved the new music. 

My favourite from what I heard was Soldier, but I have a feeling I'm going to love this new CD.  So excited, can't wait to hear them all in full and see them on tour :)

I also love that they wrote most of it and have a lot more control these days.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 01:44:13 PM »

It's been here for quite a while, Julie lol we just never seem to use it!

I think my favorite one was Soldier but I loved them all except for "Try" I really loved the one where Kevin sang lead but I can't remember the name of it? What I enjoyed most was how excited they all seemed to be particularly AJ who for the first time since I can remember was taking not only a really active role in what was going on but also being the leader. I also love how personal most of the songs meant to them and that there were actual stories behind them as opposed to "Well this guy wrote this one and that guy wrote this one...." Their seemed to be a real sense of pride which has been missing for a long time! I doubt i'll be able to afford to see the on tour but at least I'll be buying the CD! lol

I'm really looking forward to the album now.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »

I loved how proud they were too, and how the songs seemed to mean a lot to them.  It's going to be so much better than This Is Us (which I hated about 50% of)

I loved seeing AJ take the lead.  I loved Kevin and am still smiling about seeing them all there.  I actually thought Brian's voice sounded better on the live bits they sang.  I loved Nick's answers about flying to the moon on one of Khalessi's dragons lol.

I just love those boys!

Mare, if I win the lottery I'll pay for your ticket :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 02:38:50 PM »

I have a love/hate relationship with This Is Us, and the hate part stemmed from so many of the songs having zero substance.  Some of them, like the song This Is Us, were great, but the others, like PDA, were gimmicky and stupid and not at all them.  These songs are the exact opposite.  There's real meaning behind them, and they are much more personal and true to who the guys are as a group.  I think this is what we all hoped would happen when they finally left Jive and got some creative control, and it looks like our wish is coming true!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »

I can honestly say I have only listened to This Is Us once all the way through. I can't even remember the name of the album that came before that one. I listened to that one even less. They really were on the verge of losing me as a fan between their last two CDs and collaboration with NKOTB then Kevin came back like the musical Batman I needed him to be!

I am also looking forward to hearing this new Max Martin song!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »

I loved Unbreakable and listen to that quite often still, but the only songs I really listen to off This Is Us are Undone, Shattered, This Is Us and occasionally Straight Through My Heart.

They seem really excited about the Max Martin song, so I can't wait for that.  It's great to have all this new music to look forward to, especially now that we've had a little taste of it and can tell it's good stuff!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 03:52:27 PM »

Unbreakable! Why can't I ever remember the name of that CD? lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »

There are some great songs on that CD :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »

I think there are a few I like on that one. I can't remember which song is on which CD of those two but my favorite is Bigger lol whichever one that is on.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot about Bigger!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »

I do like Unbreakable.  It's on the same level as Black & Blue for me; there are a few tracks that I don't like because they're boring, but the ones that are good are REALLY good!

I think this new album is going to sound more like Never Gone, only even better because it's more personal.  I love Never Gone, but most of the songs are pretty generic.  And hopefully this one will have more uptempos, not just great ballads.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »

I loved Never Gone :)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 05:39:12 PM »

I am so pumped for the new album and tour! I agree with what you guys were saying about This Is Us (though I will admit, PDA is on my workout mix lol) Ever since they left Jive I've been hoping they'd actually get their act together and release a really solid album. I'm so proud of them and I'm proud now, more than ever to call them my favourites.

Oh also I can't get that Permanent Stain song out of my head and have been singing it/watching the acapella video all day lol.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 06:24:31 PM »

I would love to see an a capella track on the album! I love how they were just able to sing a few of those harmonies a capella!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35