Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51355 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New music!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »

I like when they do things in the summer. Much better than the middle of the school year.

I haven't been to TDS in ages. I'm sure some of these debates are humorous. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »

I'm surprised to hear that there are so many varying opinions on the music! I thought that (in general) rich harmonies and meaningful lyrics written by the boys themselves were what people wanted haha.

Maybe I will have to venture over to TDS and see what people are saying!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »

I've seen people say the lyrics are too immature, people rave about it, others say the music needs to be catchier for mainstream. The Boys can never win lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »

LOL You're right, some people will complain about anything!  It must suck to never be satisfied LOL.  I can't believe people are saying their lyrics are immature, though.  The lyrics I've heard seem more meaningful than most of their songs, which to make also makes them more mature.  They're definitely not bubblegum pop love songs, and while I think they are catchy, they're not trying too hard to be mainstream.  That was the problem with TIU.  They tried too hard to sound like other stuff that's on the radio, and they failed because even though some of the songs were good, the overall sound just wasn't them.  That said, I think we need to stop hoping for mainstream success.  I could see them having a hit single again, but they're never going to be as big as they were back in the day, and that's okay.  Leave that to One Direction and the next generation's boybands.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 08:51:29 PM »

I agree! Besides, mainstream music sucks! lol Although I do like the new direction music is going with Mumford and Sons etc... I can do without Rhianna and all that crap.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 09:38:54 PM »

Same here!
~Julie

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 04:28:02 AM »

I just watched the walk of fame ceremony last night... with my husband beside me. I was so proud of the boys when the guy host, forgot his name, was saying all the boys' accomplishment . Tears started to fall when the fan said her speech... "From happy meals to heartbreaks..." I love that line. If my husband wasn't beside me, I would have cried like a baby. But since he was there, I tried to blink back most of the tears.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »

I have loved every single song that the guys have leaked so far. I haven't listened to One Phone Call yet because I can't get that link to work for me for some reason, but I am really excited for this album!

I also love how much Kevin is featured on all of the songs! His voice blends so well with Nick's. I LOVE when they sing together! I am so glad they're finally getting that! YAY Kevin!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »

Me too!  I stopped listening to the leaks after Madeleine because I still want 2/3 of the album to be brand new when I get it next week, but I love In a World Like This, Madeleine, Feels Like Home, and even Permanent Stain (okay, "like," maybe not "love" for that last one LOL).  Assuming the rest of the album fits in with what we've heard, it's going to be way better than This Is Us and possibly one of their best albums ever!  I'm so glad they went in a different direction from TIU.  I attribute that mostly to Kevin coming back, but it could also be from the whole group taking creative control.  Good for them!  I'm really impressed!  I'm enjoying the balance between their voices, too.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 02:54:58 PM »

Okay, I admit that I've listened to all the songs leaked. LOL
But still I'm waiting for the studio version of "Breathe". That's gonna be my favorite, since I'm already loving it from the live videos.
I love the album, really, but I'm still not digging Kevin's voice. I'm sorry. LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »

I LOVE Madeleine! Trust Me has that same simple acoustic feel. I love Permanent Stain. I hate the name but I love the song. I also enjoyed Feels Like Home and In a World Like This. I hope they leak Show Em' What You're Made Of next!

The only full track I haven't really been all that crazy about is the bonus one, "In Your Arms" Which is okay because it's a bonus one and if something is weaker it SHOULD be the bonus track and not one on the album where other years it's been the opposite!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »

Oh yes, I'm looking forward to hearing Breathe as well. The only song I don't care about is Try. But maybe the studio version will be better and less R&B-ish. lol

usako

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »

I LOVE Madeleine! Trust Me has that same simple acoustic feel. I love Permanent Stain. I hate the name but I love the song. I also enjoyed Feels Like Home and In a World Like This. I hope they leak Show Em' What You're Made Of next!

The only full track I haven't really been all that crazy about is the bonus one, "In Your Arms" Which is okay because it's a bonus one and if something is weaker it SHOULD be the bonus track and not one on the album where other years it's been the opposite!

I'm not that crazy for "In Your Arms" as well. Actually, I'm glad it's a bonus track! lol
I love, I love, I love"Trust Me". It's so summer!

Actually, "Show Em" has been leaked. They've played it while they were doing an interview:

http://mybackstreet.net/media/graham-norton/

Here is the whole interview. Which is kinda of funny, especially when they were talking about the break between B&B and Never Gone and said that Jive kinda screwed them taking Nick for his solo album while they were supposed to make the new album. And lol at Brian saying "They took my girlfriend" referring to Nick.  :D :D

usako

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 03:10:30 PM »

I've found the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0a3iN_7Emk

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 03:23:09 PM »

Thanks!

I listened to that interview but Graham was annoying and wouldn't let them ever finish talking so I didn't hear a lot of what was being said. I could tell it was annoying Kevin too lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35