Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51329 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New music!
« Reply #495 on: August 09, 2013, 07:49:20 AM »

Try = fail lol kind of ironic!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #496 on: August 09, 2013, 08:37:22 AM »

LMAO!

Try has become my only skip song at this point as well. Although I do only listen to the more upbeat ones on my walk to work, because otherwise it'll take me double the amount of time to get there lol.

I feel like you guys are right about this album, in that people would like it if they gave it a chance. Of course lots of people won't because of the BSB stigma, which is really sad because so many of the songs don't sound like what your "typical BSB" sounds like at all.

That being said, I did catch my boyfriend singing Soldier to himself the other day LOL.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #497 on: August 09, 2013, 10:58:46 AM »

Aww!  He sounds like a keeper! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #498 on: August 09, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »

I love Try, I must be the only one!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #499 on: August 31, 2013, 08:46:46 AM »

Now that the album's been out for a month, have your favorites changed?

Mare's going to roll her eyes at me, but my current favorite album track is One Phone Call!  And of course Take Care is still right up there too.  I literally have not listened to anything else but this album in my car in the last month, other than when I have a passenger who does not want to be tortured by Backstreet Boys on repeat; then I turn on the radio LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #500 on: August 31, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »

::)

Just kidding lol I am still not a fan of One Phone Call but I don't hate it either. I'll even sing along with it now. The only one I still am not crazy about is Try, but even that one I'll sing along to (when I don't skip it)

I pretty much only listen to this album as well but not as frequently as I used to. It is my go to music. I love Madeline, it's the one song I tend to listen to more than once. I also enjoy Take Care. I know I never associate a song with fanfic but I picture the one I'm writing when I hear that song. Almost like it's a movie and that's the title track lol I'm also really loving Soldier, Trust Me, Love Somebody, Hot Hot Hot, yeah, pretty much everything.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #501 on: August 31, 2013, 09:21:36 AM »

I don't listen to the whole album, I've mixed it up with some other songs in a playlist but my favorities haven't changed in a month. "Breathe", "Take Care" and "Light On" are still in my top list and, I'm sorry Nick, "Love Somebody" is still the one that I change everytime it comes up. LOL I try but when the famous line comes, I start laughing and I have to stop it.  :D :D

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #502 on: August 31, 2013, 04:36:02 PM »

It's still playing daily in my car too, I don't skip any songs and my favourites are still the same, Make Believe, Soldier, Take Care, Try and In A World Like This.  In the beginning I hated Hot Hot Hot, but now I love it :D

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #503 on: August 31, 2013, 06:07:54 PM »

Don't throw tomatoes, but I'm getting a little burned out on this album-- simply because I've played it SO much, though!  I will say that Take Care has definitely moved up the list for me, and love Somebody is my go-to "dance while I'm doing the dishes" song.  Something I'm doing that's really fun right now is playing ALL my BSB albums.  When some old high school friends and I went to the concert in Cincy, I got them all out, and that's all we listened to on the way there and back (a 3-hour drive one way).  My faves are the "For the Fans" CDs from Burger King. My new car has a hard drive in it, so now all those songs are burned onto the hard drive.  Now, all I have to do when I'm driving is go into the hard drive, select "Backstreet Boys" and randomize all the tracks.  Fun!  Oddly, IAWLT is listed under "No title," however.  I wonder if that's because they're Indie for this album?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #504 on: September 01, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »

I'm the same way with listening to ALL the BSB albums, Emily!  My new car has a USB port, so I can play my music off a flashdrive instead of having to use an mp3 player with a cord and whatnot.  So I have all the BSB songs in a folder on a flash drive and can play them on random that way too - I love it!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #505 on: September 02, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

My car isn't so fancy :( I have a 6 CD changer in the boot of the car which has a couple of BSB CDs and then some mixed stuff.  So if I want to listen to all my BSB on shuffle, I have to use one of those crappy tape things with the wire on it and plug my ipod in that way.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #506 on: September 02, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »

I don't even have a CD player in my car. I have a cassette player lol

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #507 on: September 02, 2013, 08:37:03 PM »

A few weeks ago, there was a little debate on the forum somewhere about who sings the first verse of "Feels Like Home".  Answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5iVaUSF2zA  I was right about the first verse, but for some reason I thought it was Nick on the second verse!  I think this is the first time I've mixed those two up!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #508 on: September 02, 2013, 08:46:01 PM »

Aww I always knew that was Kevin and Howie. Brian doesn't sing on this one? LOL

Loved the Nick and Kevin bonding going on in that performance. More of that please! I love when they sing something new every once in awhile. 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #509 on: September 02, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »

LOL I thought you were talking about the "Rock out in Bangkok..." part for a minute, and I was like, "What?!  There is no way that is not Nick!!"  But yeah, I could always tell that was Howie singing the "Farther South, where the sweet tequila flows..." part.  I am usually pretty good at picking out their voices, although this song was definitely a stretch for them!

I'm glad they sang something different at soundcheck!  Has anyone seen a video of them doing One Phone Call yet?
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35