Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51293 times)

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
Re: New music!
« Reply #510 on: September 02, 2013, 09:54:25 PM »

I was like "Man, sings a lot in this song!"  Poor Howie....lol.  Poor, forgotten Howie. I love him so much, though!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #511 on: July 24, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

In honor of the third anniversary of In a World Like This, I'm resurrecting this thread from 2013 to ask your thoughts about the album that it's not "new" anymore.

How do you think IAWLT has held up over time?  Where does it rank for you, compared to the Boys' other albums?

What are your favorite tracks now, and are they the same as your favorites when you first heard the album?

Feel free to discuss anything else too!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #512 on: July 24, 2016, 05:36:14 PM »

It's funny you mention this. On my six hour drive up to Buffalo, I listened to all my BSB albums minus the red one which I don't own. Just as an FYI, that got me within about twenty minutes to Buffalo! Anyway...liste ning to all of the songs, IAWLT and Millenium were still the two I found myself singing along to the most. All the songs I loved when it came out, I still loved and the only two songs I didn't really sing along to were Try and One Phone Call.

I also realized that my least favorite album is actually Black and Blue. I thought it was the  one with that horrid PDA song. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #513 on: July 25, 2016, 10:48:29 AM »

BSB music is the best for road trips!

IAWLT is still my favorite of their albums, with Millennium as a close second, like you.  I used to put Never Gone up there too, but I don't think its songs have stood the test of time as well as Millennium's for me.  I think my least favorite album is still This is Us (with that horrid PDA song and the one about Shorty LOL).  Black & Blue is in the bottom half of my list too, though.  For as many good songs as there are on that album, there are also a lot of duds.  That's how I feel about This is Us and Unbreakable, too.

Anyway, going back to IAWLT, the only skip song I have is still Try.  I still love the rest of the songs, although I think my favorites have changed a little.  I found my original rankings on p. 20 of this thread, and I had originally put Soldier and Show 'Em as my top 2.  I still love both those songs, but now I'd probably say One Phone Call (sorry, Mare) and Take Care.  The song In a World Like This would still be way up there; it will probably always be one of my favorite singles.  Love Somebody would be higher on my list now than it was then; I think seeing them perform that one in concert made me love it twice as much.

I am ready for new music, though!  Even though Nick has released two albums in two years, the last couple years have been pretty slow in terms of BSB.  I'm feeling the lack of a tour this summer.  I know they're working on it; I just wish they'd work a little faster!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:52:06 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]