Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Documentary, star and anything else lol  (Read 32205 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Documentary, star and anything else lol
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 03:48:18 AM »

I absolutely love it!  I agree, it is a great choice of single and I hope it gets the radio play it deserves.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 05:38:31 AM »

I loved In a World Like This! And I also love Permanent Stain. I really would have been okay with either as a single. I have to say I really adore all the other snippets of songs I have heard or the ones they have sung while on tour. I did watch the China video a few times now because why not? lol I think AJ mentioned that Madeline was going to be the next single, I really like that one too!

So Julie, are you going to have Brian's vocal problem be that he swallowed Satan? LMAO I HATE when that happens!!

In all honestly with the Brian thing, I have been going through my books for singers and one of my old teachers gave us like a ten page handout of vocal problems and solutions. I am not a professional by any stretch of the imagination (okay, I am a professional lol but I felt like I had to say that before I make this call because I am not an audiologist) I am pretty sure it's not nodes. I think whatever is happening to Brian has more to do with a hearing issue than a vocal issue. I think he's having trouble hearing and that's why he's shaky at the beginning of things, once he gets the hang of it, he feels more comfortable. Also a breath control issue that he's HAD for a very long time but I think whatever is going on with his ears is making that even worse.

He is really comfortable in his upper range, like Julie said and he can still belt like no one's business. If he really had nodes, I don't think he'd be able to do that. There are times when his voice is crystal clear but never at the beginning of songs.

Anyway, I do hope I'm actually really, very wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. But if I had Brian as one of my students, I would have told his parents to bring him to an audiologist to get checked out.

I am kind of glad we are discussing this, even though it's depressing, I feel like it's a GIGANTIC elephant in the room when it comes to them. I do wish they'd address it but maybe he's still trying to get a proper diagnosis and wants to wait before he does. I hope it's not denial, sometimes I think it is because judging by his horrible wife's tweets I have a feeling he's not happy by the lack of solos he has. 
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 05:47:41 AM »

And I also don't think it has anything to do with the swine flu. I wouldn't be surprised if he blamed that though. I have been saying for years that Brian has been having trouble hearing his pitches at the beginning of songs, I just think that it's gotten to the point he can no longer hide it the same way Leighanne is having a harder time masking her jerkiness, that once again I have been saying for years!  lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 06:05:12 AM »

Yes, it seems to be the beginning where he sounds awful and then as the song progresses he sounds better.  Like on IAWLT, he sounded great, but other songs, not so good.  His wife annoys me, she's an attention whore from what I see of her!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 06:09:13 AM »

I do like the other four though, wives or wives to be! lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 06:20:17 AM »

Yes, they all seem really lovely.  It's just her, lol.

usako

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 06:31:08 AM »

I have thought about writing a fanfic about this, but I think it's just too real and too raw to do right now.  It would just make me sad.  I prefer to give them fictional drama.  That said, I may have gotten the idea for the Brian suspense story I mentioned in the question thread from thinking about this.  :thpt:  (Where's a devil smiley when I need one?  Close enough, I guess!)

Yes, we need that devil smiley!!!!  :D :D

I am kind of glad we are discussing this, even though it's depressing, I feel like it's a GIGANTIC elephant in the room when it comes to them. I do wish they'd address it but maybe he's still trying to get a proper diagnosis and wants to wait before he does. I hope it's not denial, sometimes I think it is because judging by his horrible wife's tweets I have a feeling he's not happy by the lack of solos he has. 

I don't think it's denial, especially given the fact that for a long time he couldn't even speak so... but I do think he's still trying to get a proper diagnosis. Different situation but my best friend had to wait like four years before finding out exactly what was wrong with her and start a therapy.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't care about what all the wives tweet or say.  :D :D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »

You can even hear it in his speaking voice sometimes, though; his voice just sounds hoarse a lot of the time.  That's what makes me think it's not a hearing issue so much as some kind of damage to his vocal cords that affects his voice at a certain pitch.  Because I've also noticed that when he's doing his little impressions, whether speaking or singing, it usually sounds a lot better.  It seems to just be his normal, middle-of-the-range voice that's most affected.

So Julie, are you going to have Brian's vocal problem be that he swallowed Satan? LMAO I HATE when that happens!!

Damn, you nailed it!!

LMAO In all seriousness, no, but OMG, that's kind of an epic idea, a story about Brian being possessed by the devil.  I could get behind that!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »

LMAO In all seriousness, no, but OMG, that's kind of an epic idea, a story about Brian being possessed by the devil.  I could get behind that!

That's a major epic idea.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »

That's a major epic idea.

If you want to write it, go for it!  I would seriously consider writing something like that myself, but I have too many stories in progress and too many ideas in the line-up to start it anytime soon, unless it was just going to be a short story.

I can picture a banner for it already... a creepy close-up of Brian's face, where he's staring straight at you... maybe give his eyes a reddish glow.  And the title, in creepy font, stretching over his head:  "There's Something Wrong With Brian."  Dun dun DUN!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:47:48 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

usako

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »

If you want to write it, go for it!  I would seriously consider writing something like that myself, but I have too many stories in progress and too many ideas in the line-up to start it anytime soon, unless it was just going to be a short story.

I can picture a banner for it already... a creepy close-up of Brian's face, where he's staring straight at you... maybe give his eyes a reddish glow.  And the title, in creepy font, stretching over his head:  "There's Something Wrong With Brian."  Dun dun DUN!

I'm tempted, especially because I love writing "bad guys". But no, I can't. lol I've already too many stories too.

Gosh... Brian's pissed stare is perfect for that banner. lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »

I'm tempted, especially because I love writing "bad guys". But no, I can't. lol I've already too many stories too.

Gosh... Brian's pissed stare is perfect for that banner. lol

Yes!  I know just the look you're talking about.  It makes me want to make the banner even if I never write the story.  Maybe I will later LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 02:46:49 PM »

I think you need a banner of Brian with his mouth open and that little devil guy popping out of it! LOL

And even with his spoken voice, he sounds hoarse and unsure of himself, like people who can't hear what they are saying. I don't know, just my thinking. If I'm right, you all owe me a dollar! LOL

usako

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »

I think you need a banner of Brian with his mouth open and that little devil guy popping out of it! LOL

And even with his spoken voice, he sounds hoarse and unsure of himself, like people who can't hear what they are saying. I don't know, just my thinking. If I'm right, you all owe me a dollar! LOL

lol I don't have a dollar! Just Euro.  lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 02:51:38 PM »

That works too! LOL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21