Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The 2013 Summer Reading Challenge is under way....almost!  (Read 9324 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The 2013 Summer Reading Challenge is under way....almost!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 07:52:49 PM »

Glad to see some new faces this year! I'd love to get at least 10 people which means 3 more. Let's try to do that by Wednesday!!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 08:44:33 AM »

Pen name: Alexsgirl_ritz

Story you are submitting (including a link):
The Other Side of Nick Carter
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10684
Will be read by Usako

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:05:55 PM by mare »
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »

I think I'm going to extend the deadline until Friday night and then I'll post the reader's survey in a new thread on the weekend!

So keep them coming guys!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »

Hello everyone,

Wow I saw this the other day and I was never able to get back to it. Hope you all are doing great long time no talk. So I'm in for the challenge...a bit nervous cause I'm putting my old stuff out there eeeek!

Here is the info...

Pen name: KEVMYLOVE

FIGHT ME
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10790&warning=5

Give us a quick summary: She was lost after her mother was put in the hospital. Nick was a drunken mess and didn't care about anything anymore, until Howie gave him HIS responsibility .

Who is the main character? NICK

What genre is it? AU, DRAMA, ROMANCE

How many chapters? 33

Are your chapters long or short? Short

What do you like best about your story? That Nick is a fighter and my female lead isn't Mary sue-ish.

Would you consider it popular? It's one of my well known stories.

Why are you choosing this one for people to read? A lot of people skip my stories because they are AU. I really liked the concept tho.

Anything else we should know about it? (overly violent, sexual, slash, etc) There are a few sex and fighting scenes but I don't think they are graphic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Safest Place
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8167
Being read by Mare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drive Me Crazy
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8968

Give us a quick summary:  Howie has had a rough start to the year, first he got married, then went on a European tour for a couple of months. Now he's back with no wife, just a roadtrip to clear his mind, but AJ has a little selfish twist for him. One he might not recover from!

Who is the main character? HOWIE, AJ

What genre is it? ROMANCE, DRAMA

How many chapters? 36

Are your chapters long or short? SHORT

What do you like best about your story? The interaction between Howie and Millie.

Would you consider it popular? No

Why are you choosing this one for people to read? I think it's a cute love story.

Anything else we should know about it? (overly violent, sexual, slash, etc) There are sex scenes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bound By Honor
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9891
Steph will be reading this one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Heart Did Time
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8352&warning=4

Give us a quick summary: Anita's life is turned upside down after a drunken stupper and a bad choice on AJ and Howie's behalf. One little secret whispered into the wrong ear can change it all. Which results in a big misunderstandi ng and two broken hearts.

Who is the main character? NICK, AJ, HOWIE

What genre is it? ROMANCE, ANGST

How many chapters? 27

Are your chapters long or short? SHORT

What do you like best about your story? It's been a while since I read it. lol...don't remember.

Would you consider it popular? Nope

Why are you choosing this one for people to read? It's another oldie and unpopular one.

Anything else we should know about it? (overly violent, sexual, slash, etc) probably just a little violence and bad words

Hope I did it all right.  :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:32:56 PM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 07:55:19 AM »

Okay so I guess no one else wants to do it this year? Even after I make the participation survey you can still join us. The challenge doesn't start until June so if you want to enter late, feel free.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:57:00 AM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »

Everyone participating

I need to know which two stories you would like to read for your challenge no later than next Saturday.

Go through the choices on the first page and click on the ones you think you might enjoy reading and then fill this little form out below.

Name:

Stories you are going to read (please include the author's name after the title)
1)
2)
Have you ever read either story before?
What made you decide to choose them?
Is this the first time you're reading anything by either author?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 12:17:43 PM »

Name:  Julie

Stories you are going to read:
1) Crash and Burn by mamogirl
2) Finding Carter by DelphinaCarter

I've only read the beginning of Finding Carter and haven't read any of Crash and Burn.

I started reading Finding Carter when Tracy first started posting it, but fell behind after a couple of chapters and never caught up.  I'd like to give it another chance and see where it goes.

Crash and Burn is a slash, which I don't usually read, but it's about Brian and Nick, who are my favorite Boys, and it's described as a hurt/comfort, which I love, so I thought I'd give it a shot and see.

I have read stories by Tracy before, but not Cinzia.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »

I will be bolding and coloring ones that have been taken already.

Julie's color will be pink!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:40:30 PM by mare »

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 03:33:02 PM »

Name: Steph

Stories you are going to read (please include the author's name after the title)
1)
To Protect and Serve by Mare
2) Bound by Honour by Erika
Have you ever read either story before? No, although I did start Bound by Honour but fell so far behind and then kind of never got around to it.
What made you decide to choose them? The boys in uniform sort of caught my attention LOL.  No, seriously they look like really interesting stories and I do like AU.
Is this the first time you're reading anything by either author? No, I've read stories by both writers.

usako

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »

Stories you are going to read
1) Secrets of the Heart by RokofAges75
2) The Other Side of Nic Carter by Alexsgirl_ritz

I started reading both stories but never really finished them.

"Secrets of the heart" really interested me because of the plot and the fact that's a Brian story. And it has been a period when I'm in love with AUs
Same goes for "The Other Side Of Nick Carter". The plot seems really interesting.

For Alexsgirl_ritz yes, while I think I've read all others stories from RokofAges75.

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 07:19:51 AM »

Name: Emily

1) Story of My Life by Carter-Orange
2) The Long Road Home by Mare
Have you ever read either story before? Nope
What made you decide to choose them? Story of My Life looked like it would be amusing and a fun read.  I chose The Long Road Home because one of Mare's other "bromance" stories (Why I'd Do it All Again) was one of the first storeis I ever read on the site, and of course, loved it!
Is this the first time you're reading anything by either author? I've read maybe one or two of Carterr-Orange's short/challenge stories, and a few of Mare's (less than half, probably).

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »

Name:Chris

1)Us Against The World http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10946&chapter=1 (usako)

2)Save A Prayer http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10625 ( Carter-Orange)

Have you ever read either story before?Nope, but I planned to read save a prayer and never got around to it. I was planning on picking crash and burn someone bet me to it lol

What made you decide to choose them? Carter-Orange is one of my faves and I like bri/nick stories.

Is this the first time you're reading anything by either author? I have read stuff by Carter-Orange but I don't think I have read usako.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »

Name: Erika

1) Falling In Love Again by Emily_Michelle
2) Switch by CarterKid

Have you ever read either story before? No
Is this the first time you're reading anything by either author? Yes

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »

Name: DelphinaCarter

1) Love Story by Usako

2) Separate Ways by Mare

Have you ever read either story before? No, I have not.

Well, Usako's story is something I wouldn't normally read so I wanted to try something different. As for Mare, I always love her stuff and she's my favorite author so I knew I would not go wrong choosing one of her stories. I had read almost all the other ones listed anyway.

I have never read anything by Usako. However Mare.....I've read almost everything and this is one of the few that I haven't. the storyline looked interesting to me and I know she writes the group stories that give me the warm fuzzies that I love. haha.

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »

I forgot to add I'm changing switch up a little so it has some mild death now.Had to use it for the storyline. Just to let  Erika  know.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:06:30 PM by carterkid »
Pages: 1 [2] 3