Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!  (Read 54075 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!
« Reply #195 on: July 29, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »

What is the name that Ritz hates so much? And WHY do you hate that name, Ritz? lol

The name was Rowena, which I couldn't even remember until I read the story.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2013, 10:25:29 AM »

That is a unique name. Why do you hate that name, Ritz? LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »

Thanks for the lovely reviews Ritz, and now that I look back at that story, I see that I did kind of end it suddenly.  I have no idea why I did that, and I see that I should've given it a better ending than I did.  Who knows what was going on in my head when I wrote it lol.  But despite it's disappointing end, I'm glad you still enjoyed it.

It's not disappointing, Steph. I just wish there were few chapters squeezed in before chapter 20 and epilogue. But the ending was great, kind of realistic because they were not married. Lol
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »

Mare, that name is not unique here in the Philippines. Lol. Well, just someone who tried to ruin my marriage. After my experience with her, I will not let her end up with Nick Carter. Fiction or not. Lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »

Mare, that name is not unique here in the Philippines. Lol. Well, just someone who tried to ruin my marriage. After my experience with her, I will not let her end up with Nick Carter. Fiction or not. Lol

AH, I see. Well makes sense then!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »

I can understand why you hate the name Ritz!

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2013, 08:30:31 AM »

Thank you, girls. Lol

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2013, 04:38:05 AM »

Halfway There Survey

Name of story: Falling In Love Again by Emily_Michele

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise? Yes

2) So far who is your favorite character and why? I think Annie and Nick. She isn't the usual Mary Sue and she seems like a strong woman even though so much has happened to her. Nick is a nice guy without having to be a big douchebag first.

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be) I have the slightest idea how this story might end. Although Annie is so stubborn that she could end up starting a new life with Drew and NO Nick lol.

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit? I think it fits just fine.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations? Yes there have been a few twists and surprises in this story. For instance the story of how Drew was conceived...tw isted.

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why. No, I wouldn't stop reading. But I will be honest and say that I probably wouldn't have started reading either because, one it's a Brian story and two it's past 30 chapters.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of) No, not at all.

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot? Did you outline this story before writing it? Did you know you were going to make Leighanne a likable character from the begining?

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »

I wrote Leighanne exactly the way I intended in the beginning.  At first, there's a little bit of speculation that maybe she's going to be pretty difficult, but surprise! She's actually kind of awesome.  You'll see how all of that plays out later on! Thanks, Erika! I'm really enjoying this.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2013, 07:09:06 AM »

Happy Saturday everyone!

Just doing a quick check in! Pretty much everyone is finished with the challenge :)

Erika just trucking along!

Steph you still need to complete the reader's survey for When We Collide.

See ya next Saturday!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »

I've already done the reader's survey, it's on the previous page :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »

Oh, Sorry about that! I completely missed it! LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2013, 06:46:21 AM »

Just doing the usual Saturday check in.

Keep on truckin' Erika! You are more than halfway through! Try to get ten more chapters done this week. You can do it!!

:)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2013, 06:41:00 AM »

I sure will.  ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2013, 09:39:40 AM »

Well, the first time all summer I forgot to come in here on Saturday! Hope you're still reading away Erika! I know the reviews have been disabled so it's making things harder to check progress but Emily did open an update thread, so feel free to continue reviewing in there. You have about two weeks left so hopefully you're almost done!

I also noticed that carterkid still needs to fill out her reader's survey for Erika!

Okay I'll check back in next week! :)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15