Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50

Author Topic: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)  (Read 123447 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)
« on: June 14, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »

I thought I'd start a new thread in hopes that maybe people will come in and ask some questions.

Here's one:

Name one or more of your stories and tell us what inspired you to write it/them.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
Re: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:16:50 PM »

Switch was inspired by the Freaky Friday movies and Future Boy was inspired by another story I made with a friend.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 05:18:48 PM »

Games was inspired by Supernatural.  I'd just started watching it at the time and was completely hooked (still am), so I thought it would be great to write a story kind of like an episode of Supernatural, with Dean and Sam having to save BSB from monsters lol.

Save A Prayer was inspired by a couple of the action/adventure films I love like Romancing The Stone (an oldie but goodie!) and also Bear Grylls Born Survivor.  I thought it would be fun to put the boys in a real survival situation where anything could happen along the way.

Maybe Tomorrow (which is still incomplete and I've really neglected recently) was inspired by some of my grandad's war world two stories which he loved to tell and I found fascinating, mixed in with films like Defiance, Saving Private Ryan and other war films which I can't think of the names right now.   

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:16:57 PM »

Forever started as a collection of fanfic that I wrote circa 1997-2000 with a group of friends at the time.  We had this intricately woven "life" we'd fantasized and written down in which we were married with children to various boyband members at the time....lol!   I found a binder full of little stories I'd written under the bed in my old bedroom at my parents' house.  I'd just been to a NKOTBSB concert and gotten heavily back into the fandom, and decide to write it all down and attempt to tie it together and grow it up a little bit, because, really, who has a child with each Backstreet Boy?  Seriously...I wasn't one of them, but a couple of the girls did in their stories! It's mainly a little piece of nostalgia for myself.

Falling in Love Again came to me while I was in the shower and I had it completely outlined in my head before I actually started writing it.  It started as an idea that the female lead could be affected by a tragedy that happened close to home (I live in Kentucky) a few years ago, and naturally Brian came to mind as her way to meet the Backstreet Boys, and it grew from there.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 11:53:00 PM »

A lot of my story ideas stem from other stories, whether in fanfic, book, or movie form, but my favorite "what inspired the idea" story is for Song for the Undead, which started as a joke.

Rose, Dee, and I were having a group chat on Yahoo Messenger late at night, as we did most nights back in the summer of 2008, and the chat had gone quiet, so Dee asked, "Is everyone dead?" and I jokingly replied, "Yes."  She said, "Oh noes! Julie is a ghost," and I said, "I prefer zombie," which got us bantering about zombies.  Rose was still quiet through all of this, so I (again jokingly) said, "Hey Rose... Backstreet Boys, zombies, collab? *hopes to summon Rose back*" because Rose is such a collab whore.  And whaddya know... after some time, Rose came back, and we started talking (still jokingly, I thought) about a Backstreet Boys zombie story, in which the Boys survive the zombie apocalypse and fight the undead.  We were just joking around at first, and then it got to the point where we were like, "Are we seriously going to write this?  Well, why not?  It sounds cool; we should!"  So we did!  I think people who stumble onto the story nowadays probably assume it was inspired by The Walking Dead, but this was years before that was a show (it was a comic, but we'd never heard of it until the show) and before the current zombie trend - back then, who knew?!  I've learned through collaborating that some of the best ideas start as jokes LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 02:45:21 AM »

Most of my stories are inspired by songs. I listen to one and then, suddenly, an image starts to create in my mind and I go in full plotting mode. "Love Story" was born in that way: I was listening to "Love Story"by Mariah Carey and thought that it could be a great plot. Then, chatting with my best friend, it became something totally different and bigger.

Since I write about Brian and Nick, some stories (especially one - short) are inspired by the guys interaction or videos.

"Crash&Burn" is something different because it's partially personal, since I was the one having a bad day and decided to write something just to let it all out.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 09:08:34 AM »

When I Grow Up was totally inspired by 13 going on 30. I thought it would be funny if Nick woke up as his 30 year old self since he has changed so much growing up.

Jizzle Of Oz started as a joke on twitter. Thinking back...I went through a movie homage phase that year cause I wrote Forces Of Nature which was based on Twister. I kind of made Nick's character  like Dusty. Hopefully one day I will finish it.

Weird World was inspired by the Weird Al song "I Think I'm A Clone Now". That idea started as a joke whwre people on twitter wanted to clone Nick lol. I still think it's  a bad idea.

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 05:35:41 AM »

Do your friends/ family know that you write BSB fan fiction? If so what do they think? Are they supportive? Or not? Do you divulge much information about your stories and this fanfic life?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 06:00:16 AM »

The only one of my real life people who know about my fanfic writing is my sister. It took me a LONG time before I let her know. She's been supportive. She hasn't really read any of the fanfic stuff except for Mel's sequel. I would never tell anyone else, EVER!

For the longest time, no one even knew I enjoyed writing. Once Mel's was published I got a lot of where the heck did that come from questions lol Pretty much only my closest friends only know how much I truly love BSB in general.

I like to keep my two worlds separated as much as possible.

The whole Mare versus Marianne type thing lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 11:57:38 AM »

I'm the same way as Mare.  My parents and sister know that I write fanfic, but they have been sworn to secrecy and told never to read it.  My dad and sister couldn't care less.  My mom is supportive of me writing, but on the rare occasion that it comes up in conversation, she always asks, "When are you going to write a real novel?  You know, not about the Backstreet Boys?"  They don't get the whole "fan fiction" thing, which is fine with me because I don't want them reading it LOL.

No one else knows I even write, let alone what I write.  That is why I write under a penname, to keep that a secret from people I know in real life.  Like Mare, I like to keep the real world and the "BSB world" separate.
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »

My friends and family definitely don't know. The only exception being that of my roommate/BFF and of course all the friends that I have because of fanfic/AC. :D

No one else knows that I'm even interested in writing. I think that my parents and sister would fine it strange/unusual and would not get it at all LOL

That's why I don't talk about AC or fanfic on my Twitter or anything because people that I know who have nothing to do with the fandom follow me. I'd probably be embarrassed to tweet about it.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 02:05:31 PM »

^ That's why no one except my sister knows I have a twitter acct.  lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »

Ditto.  Twitter is for BSB/fanfic stuff, and Facebook is for real life friends and family.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 04:47:29 PM »

^ same lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 08:03:18 PM »

If there was one story you wish you could go back and totally redo which one would it be or are you happy with everything you've written so far?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50