Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]

Author Topic: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)  (Read 123294 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)
« Reply #735 on: July 22, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »

Jeez... sounds like a soap opera! LOL  I remember you mentioning that story before; have you read it?  Is it actually good?

You should write the first 1D bus crash story, Steph; you could be the Whitney Richter of that fandom!  Show 'em all what they're missing!  Do they have any good songs to sing to the one in a coma?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #736 on: July 22, 2013, 02:52:28 PM »

I have read it, it wasn't very good and it seemed like she just threw in drama for drama's sake. Especially since the ending was basically "Oh and by the way, Niall got cancer and died." Um... What? Lol.

LOL I wish I could be the Whitney Richter of that fandom! I don't know that they actually have any good coma-singing songs, but maybe they could sing a slowed down version of What Makes You Beautiful and whoever is comatose could realise they're beautiful and life is worth living LOL. Totally cheese.

I kind of want to write that now. Dammit!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #737 on: July 22, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »

Maybe someone can ask them that at a Q&A!

We were wondering if any of you happened to get into a horrible crash and as a result end up in a coma which song would the rest of you sing that person awake to? LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #738 on: July 22, 2013, 03:36:54 PM »

Here is another question:

I guess this is a cheaper version of Julie's question but which genre is your least favorite to read and why?

Also, just reading Saka's description of that 1D fic, in your mind how much drama is too much? Or do you enjoying reading things where it's packed with drama from start to finish?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #739 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »

Here is another question:

I guess this is a cheaper version of Julie's question but which genre is your least favorite to read and why?

I guess humour. Because it's really hard to find someone who is really good at writing it.

Also, just reading Saka's description of that 1D fic, in your mind how much drama is too much? Or do you enjoying reading things where it's packed with drama from start to finish?

As much as I love drama and angst, I don't like when a story is too much packed with it, especially if all drama (cancer, illness, accident) happens to one single character. No one is that unlucky! lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #740 on: July 22, 2013, 03:55:25 PM »

I guess humour. Because it's really hard to find someone who is really good at writing it.

I would agree with you on this one. It's not my least favorite, but I think this is the one genre that can go horribly wrong if not written properly. I have clicked out of so many 'funny' stories because they just read more like silly, or stupid and loaded with what you can tell are inside jokes. LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #741 on: July 22, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »

Comedy is so subjective, I think more so than any other genre.  There are so many different kinds of humor, and what's funny to one person may seem tasteless or just stupid to someone else.  I don't think it's a genre you can learn to write well; you've either got it or you don't (and whether or not you've got it depends completely on who's reading it LOL).
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #742 on: July 22, 2013, 05:17:09 PM »

I guess my least favorite to read would be fantasy, especially in fanfic.  I have a lot of respect for people who write fantasy well because I know it takes a lot of creativity, but I just prefer reading realistic fiction, especially with the Boys.

As for the other question, you all know I'm a drama queen, but it definitely can reach a point where there's too much.  The 1D story Steph described sounds like too much!  The plane crash story I posted a few days ago was too much.  I wrote a girlband story back in the day that was too much.  BMS might even be considered too much.  At some point you have to stop and ask yourself, how many bad things can realistically happen to these same characters before it becomes unrealistic and over the top?  I'm all for drama, but only if it seems plausible and makes sense in the story.  If it seems like it's just been thrown in for no reason other than to get a reaction, drama for the sake of drama, then it's too much.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #743 on: July 22, 2013, 05:52:40 PM »

I think my least favorite genre is AU. I like to read the boys as the boys and have a hard time picturing them as anything other than who they are.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #744 on: July 22, 2013, 08:20:04 PM »

As far as drama goes, I think when you add as many elements as Steph mentioned for that one story, that it's a bit much! I enjoy my drama but I am more of a one major event type person. Now if other things happen as small ripple effects, that's okay as long as it's spread evenly amongst the characters but when it happens all to the same person over and over in the same story it becomes too cartoon-ish for me. I picture anvils dropping from the sky lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #745 on: July 23, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »

Have you ever crossed that line in your own writing, either by taking it over the top or writing something you swore you would never write?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #746 on: July 23, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »

guys I meant to do this before but I saw you just asked a question, Julie so I put it as the first question in the new thread.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]