Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: FS for July: Prodigal by Dascreenwriter21  (Read 3567 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for July: Prodigal by Dascreenwriter21
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »

Happy July everyone!

This month's featured author is Dascreenwriter 21 and she is not a member of the forum, but I want to give all writers on AC a chance for the spotlight. Maybe she'll join once she figures out she's the featured story. If anyone knows her, let her know. I tried to email her but she never responded back.

Anyway, here is the link to the story!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10798

Happy Reading!! :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for July: Prodigal by Dascreenwriter21
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 04:31:39 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Dascreenwriter21

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 06:22:08 PM »

Haha sorry about missing the email! But now that it's all cleared up,I would be honored to answer some questions about my story!

1) Well the 4 stories I have posted on here are all connected. The first which establishes the characters is Welcome to Breaktown. This is the 4th story and latest story. And I have been writing it for over two years now and I guess what my readers wouldn't know is that there's a lot of influence from my life. The character Marshall has leukemia and my grandmother was battling cancer while I was writing this.I'm still writing it but when she passed in March,even though the story is close for comfort as far as the subject matter,it's still been very therapeutic to write.

2)I'm still currently writing it,and have been for the past 2 years.We're very near the end but still have a little bit for these two to gut out.

3)Ew,interesting questions here.I never want to give it away fully. I've been writing this series as a whole for the last 9 years.It centers around Sam and Nick,and it always will but the kids have become such a new focus for the storylines, which I never intended.They've taken a life of their own.So this story was a way to bring a little focus back to Nick and Sam and reveal something we never knew about their relationship,an infidelity and a new kid, putting them through new tests, while struggling with old issues and new ones. As far as spoilers,I'll just say this to the ones who have been reading(thank you) I still don't honestly know if MArshall is going to live or die,because he isn't the main character in the story,he's the struggle for Nick and Sam, so I'm still trying to figure that out,but he will bring Nick a huge revelation.I'll just leave you w that lol

4)There's always an itch to write these characters.I generally love writing them.So I never want to hang them up fully. There was actually a very old story I wrote,a different version of sam and nick,where Sam ends up finding out she has a long lost brother.I never finished the story and so I changed it from being Sam's brother to Nick's son.I wasn't sure that I would even finish this or where it would even go but surprisingly because of the other stories,and the subject matter I could build off of, the story's taken a life of it's own.

5)Justice is always my favorite character to write,she's a very emotional character and so easy to write. But Andrea was actually very fun to write because her and James are usually the forgotten characters,and as you can tell there are a lot of scenes w her in this particular story

6)Probably Marshall because he's the outsider,it's hard to make him automatically fit in w the family. He's much more difficult to write and therefore more work lol

7)Actually the only boys that pop up other than Nick,are brian and "Alex" I started writing fanfic when I was 12 and starting writing the original story when I was 16 and the rewrite 3 years later,now known as Welcome to Breaktown,but it became a story beyond BSB. It's about Nick and Sam and not about the music.I have actually considered changing the names and cutting the Backstreet part out,and rewriting it.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »

What made you decide to write your story in script format? Do you usually do that with all your stories?

Dascreenwriter21

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 11:56:48 PM »

I do write all my stories that way.I'm a scriptwriter more than a novelist.It probably comes down to laziness more than anything else lol but I love dialogue.I love the emotion you can convey in a speech,it's faster, but sometimes I forget that what I have in my head people can't always see on paper,so I have to keep that in mind. A part of writing in script form for me too,is seeing it visually in my head like a movie,versus just writing he said blank then she said blank and they both did blank,it's long and strenuous.idk it's the way I've always written,script form I mean.

Dascreenwriter21

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »

What made you decide to write your story in script format? Do you usually do that with all your stories?

So that means you re reading it,do u like it? ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »

I'm actually not reading it, sorry. :(

I just noticed it was in script format when I clicked on it to feature it. If I was reading it, you would know because I always leave reviews for things I read.

Dascreenwriter21

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »

Oh okay lol i wish people would leave reviews for me. I have pretty decent read counts but zero reviews,its frustrating

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »

I know what you mean. That's one of my biggest pet peeves as well.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 06:25:01 PM »

Here are a few questions for us to get to know you better :)

1. Real name:
2. How long have you been on AC?
3. How long have you been writing fanfics?
4. Give us a list of stories you have written.
5. List some of your all time favorite stories you have read.
6. Do you have your own site?
7. What are your favorite types of stories to read?
8. Who is your favorite BSB?
9. Do you find yourself writing about him more than the others?
10. What do you want to do with the rest of your life?
11. Where are you from?
12. What kinds of hobbies do you enjoy?
13. What's your favorite movie?
14. What's your favorite book?
15. Any hidden talents?

Dascreenwriter21

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 08:03:45 PM »

1)Danielle
2)I believe for the last 5 years
3)Since I was 12
4)How much time do you have? lol On AC-Welcome to Breaktown,Our last days as children,Cry me a river, Prodigal
5)Too many too list
6)Nope
7)Drama/love story
8)Nick
9)Yeah but only as a force of habit
10)Honestly I would love to write movies the rest of my life
11)Virginia
12)photography,movies,basketball
13)too many to name
14)too many to name
15)Photography

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »

Some more questions for you, Danielle :)

Do you have an all time favorite scene or chapter you have written?

What is the first fanfic you ever read?

Do you prefer to base your stories on real things that have happened in the boys lives or make up your own completely fictional storylines?

Do you base any of your characters on yourself or friends?

Dascreenwriter21

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »

I think my all time favorite scene for this story would probably have to be:
the scenes where Justice confides in Moses about her feelings about Sean's death. We learn something new in that Justice not only feels guilty but responsible for his death.It's something she's carried around with her for six years,and in trying to explain her reservations against Marshall and she learns to deal with her feelings for Sean and cope with her situation with Marshall. I think it's my favorite because she's such an easy character to write and it's a very emotional scene and there's a lot of growth there character wise.

Actually the first one I read was my own.Not to sound narcissistic but I didn't realize there was this whole genre til years later.

Oddly enough some of the things that I've written have sort of come to fruition.For me the only thing I borrow from the boys is their foundation. Their musicians and their names,and some of the things that happened in their early years but other than that I prefer to create totally new storylines.

I more or less take some personality traits from friends or myself but don't base whole characters on any one person,no.