Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which Fairy Tale would you prefer to write about?

Cinderella
- 3 (8.6%)
Snow White
- 2 (5.7%)
Sleeping Beauty
- 3 (8.6%)
Peter Pan
- 4 (11.4%)
Hansel and Gretel
- 5 (14.3%)
Little Red Riding Hood
- 4 (11.4%)
Robin Hood
- 4 (11.4%)
Jack and the Beanstalk
- 3 (8.6%)
The Gingerbread Man
- 1 (2.9%)
Beauty and the Beast
- 6 (17.1%)
Aurura and Aimee
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 21, 2013, 07:22:15 AM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Fairy Tale Challenge  (Read 96994 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Fairy Tale Challenge
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »

YAY! lol

I didn't write on mine at all today but i blame the boys! I've been so busy listening to their mew CD, I haven't been able t do anything else! I can't write and listen at the same time.

I don't blame you.  I WILL have mine done by Tuesday so I can forget about it and listen to that CD!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2013, 03:24:14 PM »

I don't watch sequels to any disney movie, with the exception of Toy Story lol. I don't like the name Adam either, my favorite prince is Eric

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »

I don't watch sequels to any disney movie, with the exception of Toy Story lol. I don't like the name Adam either, my favorite prince is Eric

I love Eric too, but then, most of the Disney princes have no personality, so it's not like it's tough competition!  Beast is my fav, though... in Beast form.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2013, 04:19:37 PM »

I preferred him as a beast too.

I've made no progress.  I had an idea the other night just as I was about to go to sleep, but I forgot it by the morning.  Couldn't have been that good!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2013, 04:25:51 PM »

I wrote a whole couple paragraphs before bed last night but I don't like it lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2013, 04:30:37 PM »

It was harder than I thought it would be to come up with a good idea for this one!  Beauty and the Beast is kind of limiting because it's hard to stray too far from the basic premise, which is about loving someone for what's on the inside.  That seems to require romance, although I'll be curious to see if anyone does this without including romance (Mare?).  There aren't many characters to play with - when you look at the characters that are in both the original fairy tale and the Disney movie, it's really just the Beast, the Beauty, and the father.  I'm basing mine completely on the movie version because there's just more to work with there.  Sometimes the old fairy tales are better because they've got gory details that the Disney movies won't touch, but this one was just kind of boring LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »

^ yup, that would be me! :) lol that's why I said liberal. 

I really didn't think I'd be able to come up with anything for this one but then while in bed I got an idea and went with it. I have 4 pages written so far. It's hard because I'm also trying to not only write this which is a hard story to do in the first place, but I'm also trying to highlight all the things writing wise that make me, me.

Anyway, I do think it's shaping up to be a very me version of Beauty and the Beast but if people were hoping just for a BSB version of the old story, it's not going to happen lol Hope I don't disappoint anyone.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »

I'm glad you came up with something!  I think that will be the fun of reading everyone's stories, just to see how different everyone's interpretation ends up being.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »

Yes, because in this case we want people to guess correctly. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »

Mine is so obvious, I could post the title, and everyone would be able to guess it's mine just from that!  But yeah, I guess that's a good thing LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »

LMAO!!

I don't have a title for mine yet. But if you're allowing banners mine would be he dead give away because it will be lacking one.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2013, 04:45:24 PM »

Banners are fine with me, but I had that thought, too, that maybe we shouldn't if only because the style of the banners (or lack of banners LOL) might be a giveaway.  But I will leave that up to everyone to decide.  I don't think I'm going to do a banner.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2013, 05:13:16 PM »

I might have an idea too and it's based on the movie, especially because so never read the original fairy tales! lol But I haven't written anything yet, just plotting.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »

I have three ideas but I don't know if any will work! LOL  The biggest problem I am having with this challenge is making if FANFIC!!! I know right? geesh

And yes I agree that Beast is better looking as Beast! My favorite prince is Phillip though...  :-D  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:00:17 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2013, 06:04:11 AM »

Guys, now that the first challenge story is posted, just remember if you get reviews for this story, you will not be getting a notification for them so you'll just have to check the story itself. Also when you reply to those reviews, try not to give yourself away.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12