Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

Which Fairy Tale would you prefer to write about?

Cinderella
- 3 (8.6%)
Snow White
- 2 (5.7%)
Sleeping Beauty
- 3 (8.6%)
Peter Pan
- 4 (11.4%)
Hansel and Gretel
- 5 (14.3%)
Little Red Riding Hood
- 4 (11.4%)
Robin Hood
- 4 (11.4%)
Jack and the Beanstalk
- 3 (8.6%)
The Gingerbread Man
- 1 (2.9%)
Beauty and the Beast
- 6 (17.1%)
Aurura and Aimee
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 21, 2013, 07:22:15 AM

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Fairy Tale Challenge  (Read 80479 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Fairy Tale Challenge
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »

In the US, we use "while" instead of "whilst."

I shall remember that for when I'm trying to fool people again ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »

Which story did you write? Judy and The Beast

How did your twist on Beauty and the Beast fit your fanfic writing niche?

I took my love for bromance and dramedy and writing in first person and mixed them all together. I knew I wanted to stay away from the romantic aspect of the story and then the visual image of Brian as a basketball hit me head on and I went with it.

Before seeing everyone else's guesses, did you think most people would be able to match your story to you?

Honestly I thought mine was blaringly obvious. lol

After seeing everyone else's guesses, were you surprised at the guesses for you or your story?

I was really surprised at a lot of the guesses actually. I can see why some thought I wrote Julilly's because of the police angle but the others kind of threw me. Maybe a lot of people just aren't as familiar with my stuff as I thought they were. LOL I have to go figure out who write what because of my stupid use of letters. I'm not sure who I got right or wrong. I might repost my answers for everyone else!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »

I originally thought you'd done Judy & The Beast, but then couldn't decide if I was right or wrong and so guessed Julilly instead.  So far yours is the only one I've got wrong, even though I should know your writing by now!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »

1.  Shorty and the Deceased - Julie

2.  Unintended - Steph

3.  Judy and the Beast - Me

4.  Prisoner - Tracy

5.  Beauty and the Backstreet Boy - Emily

6.  Brian and the Beast - Carterkid

7.  My What a Guy - Julilly

8.  Nick and Belle.... - Ritz

9.  Beauty & The Extra-Terrestrial Beast - Lore

10.  Code Name: Beauty - Tracy

11.  The Beast's Beauty - Cinzia

12.  Blondie and the Beast - Rose
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »

I was sure Emily wrote a story lol I wasn't sure if it was Steph, Tracy or Julie who had written a second one.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »

Which story did you write?

I wrote "Blondie and the Beast".

I think it fit because I twisted it up to stray away from the original romantic aspect the story is supposed to portray. Instead of loving someone for what's inside, I went to Lou lusting after Nick LOL. I like mocking things in the fandom (as shown in say 00Carter), so I feel like it showed.

Before seeing everyone else's guesses, did you think most people would be able to match your story to you?
I mainly expected everyone to think I wrote Shorty and the Deceased which is also right up my alley. That's actually part of the reason I decided to go down a less gore filled path.

After seeing everyone else's guesses, were you surprised at the guesses for you or your story?
A little bit. There were some interesting guesses for which one I wrote! (Beyond those thinking I wrote the zombie one lol).
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »

Which story did you write?

- I wrote Prisoner.

- The suspense part. I really feel comfortable writing suspense :)

- Actually, I thought it would be easy if people had read my stuff before but I tried to make it somewhat of a challenge. That is why I wrote canon and not AU.

- I was shocked people thought Mare wrote mine. I am not sure if that is a compliment or not LOL but if it is I will take it.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2013, 06:18:44 PM »

Which story did you write?  I wrote Code Name: Beauty

How did your twist on Beauty and the Beast fit your fanfic writing niche?  Well fairy tales are already in my niche, fantasy, so I just added a bit of a twist on who Beauty was and that she had a mission that involved the Beast.  

Before seeing everyone else's guesses, did you think most people would be able to match your story to you?  I thought for sure people would pair me with Beauty and the Extra-Terrestrial Beast lol!  I knew once I saw it posted that people would assume I wrote the science fiction story.  I only have three sci fi stories total... so I'm not sure why everyone associates anything sci fi with me ;)

No, I did get a lot of guesses for Beauty and the Extra-Terrestrial Beast and after thinking about it, it doesn't surprise me that people thouught Tracy or Steph wrote mine. .. steph and I have found we do share a brain and Tracy and I like a lot of the same plot ideas

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 06:41:42 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2013, 06:22:50 PM »

In the US, we use "while" instead of "whilst."

except when you co-write with Steph and see all your whiles get turned in whilst... lol that's how I knew her cause she changes those in our collaboration all the time ;)  And Unintended I felt was her but wasn't confirmed until the whilst. ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 06:26:34 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2013, 06:24:25 PM »

I was really surprised at a lot of the guesses actually. I can see why some thought I wrote Julilly's because of the police angle but the others kind of threw me. Maybe a lot of people just aren't as familiar with my stuff as I thought they were. LOL I have to go figure out who write what because of my stupid use of letters. I'm not sure who I got right or wrong. I might repost my answers for everyone else!

I almost had you with Judy and the Beast but for some reason I thought you wrote the one with Gaston since you like to throw in strange stories from completely different angles, like the house story in that one challenge...
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »

I almost had you with Judy and the Beast but for some reason I thought you wrote the one with Gaston since you like to throw in strange stories from completely different angles, like the house story in that one challenge...

Yeah, that I can see and I have a few AU FBI stories to my credit as well. So it made sense that we were mixed up by a lot of people. I thought the bromance angle in the story would have been the clear giveaway. Julilly isn't a bromancy person typically. But we also share a brain so in the end it's all good! LOL

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »

Oh I hadn't noticed that Some people had me down for Steph's other story Unintended... flattered that people thought that one was mine an
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2013, 06:58:03 PM »

I was sure Emily wrote a story lol I wasn't sure if it was Steph, Tracy or Julie who had written a second one.
I tried and tried, and just couldn't get the mojo going to write a story for this one.  I had one very small idea, but it wasn't enough to write a story-- even just a one-shot.  I didn't even read all of these, but if I had participated in the guessing of the ones I DID read, it looks like I would have done pretty well!  I have to say I'm flattered that you guessed Julie's story as mine.  I can't remember if I read that one or not, so I'll have to go back and check it out.  I think it kind of makes sense, though!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »

Ugh, I'm mad at myself for not getting my guesses done on time! I set time aside to do it yesterday and I got about half of them read but I didn't make it... fail.

Which story did you write? I wrote My, What A Guy!

How did your twist on Beauty and the Beast fit your fanfic writing niche? To be honest, I had a lot of trouble figuring out what the heck my "niche" was when I went to write my story. Then, thanks to the help of the other half of my brain, I decided to focus on my love of procedural crime dramas. None of my stories are without their lighter, more humourous moments so that's where I took my version of the fairy tale, picking out the part of the Disney feature where Belle's dad gets carted off to the loony bin for ranting and raving about the beast except I put Gaston in his role instead as sort of a backwoods lunatic.

Before seeing everyone else's guesses, did you think most people would be able to match your story to you? I figured everyone would have it figured out before we even got to the guessing LOL I first thought everyone would figure it was either myself or Steph that had written it because of the British English, then I thought the plot would give it away.

After seeing everyone else's guesses, were you surprised at the guesses for you or your story? Quite! I have to say I was very flattered that people thought that I had written Mare's story - I'd consider myself lucky to be half the writer she is!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

I tried and tried, and just couldn't get the mojo going to write a story for this one.  I had one very small idea, but it wasn't enough to write a story-- even just a one-shot.  I didn't even read all of these, but if I had participated in the guessing of the ones I DID read, it looks like I would have done pretty well!  I have to say I'm flattered that you guessed Julie's story as mine.  I can't remember if I read that one or not, so I'll have to go back and check it out.  I think it kind of makes sense, though!

The one I thought was yours was the one I thought was possibly Julie's as well.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12