Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: The "Top Ten" Challenge  (Read 3217 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
The "Top Ten" Challenge
« on: July 12, 2013, 04:02:26 AM »

Remember when the Boys did Letterman's top ten?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXhy6-5fAbU

It just inspired a challenge for me. Well an idea but I thought it'd make a neat challenge too. I'm going to list all the fake lyrics here. Your job is to use one as the premise for a story about the boys. For example: "Show Me The German Who Seized Your Monkey" - you can have it about the monkey being snatched or maybe the Boys are asking so they can rescue it LOL. Random? Yes, but I think it'd be hilarious.

Fake Lyrics:

10. Everybody / Yeah / Check your body / Yeah / Take a moment / After being out in the sticks / To check yourself for ticks!
Everybody (Backsteet's Back)

9. I don't care who you are / Where you're from / What you did / I have very low standards
ALAYLM

8. Show me the German who seized your monkey
SMTMOBL

7. Sometimes I wish I could / Know your thoughts / By listening in on your phone calls / Follow all your moves, online, each day / You should work for the NSA
QPGWMH

6. I hope that things work out for the Men's Wearhouse guy
INBYH

5. All you people can't ya see, can't ya see / Ford is the finest car company / Fiesta, Focus, Fusion / A Ford will treat you right / Ford: it's the ride of your life! (after the song - Kevin: We just made 50 Grand)
Larger Than Life

4. Believe me it's no offense to you / I'm just not sure what we’re supposed to do / Let's wait on the activity to see if what Michael Douglas said is true
AIHTG

3. They were wrong / When they thought that Jimmy Hoffa was buried / In concrete
Incomplete

2. He was pushin' 400 pounds / Really hoped his weight would come down / His secret plan was a gastric band / So why's Chris Christie still big as a van?
Shape Of My Heart

1. Don’t know why / It wasn't something we planned / Everytime / Five guys create a boyband / Who knows why / It always turns out this way: four straight and one gay
IWITW
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:07:02 AM by Rose »
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The "Top Ten" Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:11:47 AM »

Funny... thanks for the excuse to watch this again!  My favorites are #1 and #9 because they're so true, but I love the Ford one too - I think that should be a commercial, for real!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 04:13:58 AM »

I dunno, I like #8 cause it's so damn random lol. But #1 and #9 are my faves too.

The Ford one should SO be commercial! It sounded like one perfectly!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 04:18:55 AM »

# 8 is my favorite, especially since at the time I was like WTF are they talking about? lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 08:10:14 AM »

Great idea for a challenge, Rose!

I may actually be able to do something with the Ford one LOL. Finally I can put all this car company knowledge to good use!

#1 is also hilarious though, I hope someone writes that!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell