Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

When should we watch The Hollow?

Thursday, 7/25 at 3pm EST
- 0 (0%)
Friday, 7/26 at 3pm EST
- 0 (0%)
Friday, 7/26 at 7pm EST
- 1 (16.7%)
All options work for me.
- 4 (66.7%)
Options 1&2 work for me.
- 1 (16.7%)
Options 2&3 work for me.
- 0 (0%)
Options 1&3 work for me.
- 0 (0%)
None of these options work for me.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Nick Carter movie marathon!  (Read 16235 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Nick Carter movie marathon!
« on: July 14, 2013, 08:21:33 PM »

The idea came up in the confessional thread that it would fun to get together and watch all of Nick's terrible movies so we could make fun of them together.  Obviously, we can't get all of us together in real life (although it would be cool if we could), but we could certainly organize an online viewing, where we all press play on the movie at the same time and then get on here and chat about it as we watch.

I think we should start with The Hollow, and if all goes well, we can do Kill Speed another time.  The Hollow is on YouTube, for people who don't have it on DVD or taped off of ABC Family LOL.

When would be a good time to do this?  Would this coming weekend work, like Friday or Saturday night?  If you want to participate, post some suggestions for times or tell us days/times that DON'T work.  I know it might be hard to find a time that works for all of us across the time zones, but we'll do our best to work around everyone's schedules.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Nick Carter movie marathon!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:25:24 PM »

I don't have a job or a life lol  so I'm fairly flexible. My time zone puts me ahead of eastern time by one hour, for reference :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 08:25:55 PM »

Just FYI, when it's time to do Kill Speed, it's on Netflix too!  The Hollow isn't; I just checked.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:26:58 PM »

I don't have a job or a life lol  so I'm fairly flexible. My time zone puts me ahead of eastern time by one hour, for reference :)

I am totally flexible too, since I'm off for the summer, and my sleep schedule is so messed up that I can make myself available at any hour LOL.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »

I am out of town this weekend but I'm free pretty much every other weekend and most evenings!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »

I'm good for whenever, But I go to bed by 11! I'm all good with missing Kill speed though! Based on the little I just saw! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »

Too bad there isn't a way to do a group facetime while we did this! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »

I'm off Fri night this week and next week so that works for me.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

If we did it late afternoon/early evening according to North American timezones, that would be late night for the people overseas, which would hopefully work out okay.  We can't do it too late, or it'll be early a.m. for them.

I think next weekend would work for me too.  I'm free any week day as well, but I wasn't sure if that would work out for people who have to work during the week, especially the overseas folks.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »

I would love to join in too, I have the DVD :)

Any night is good for me as I don't usually have much planned.  My time is way ahead of yours though, not sure how many hours but maybe 5-6 hours ahead depending on where some of you are.

Yes, shame we can't do a group facetime, even though my iphone doesn't have it, I would've borrowed one of the kids ipods, or I do have skype :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »

That's why I was thinking a weekend would work better than a weekday, so a late night time might still work for you, since you wouldn't have to get up early for work in the morning.

Otherwise we could try for early afternoon on a weekday (for those of us in the US/Canada) if there's a day when no one has to work.  Seems like a lot of us are off for the summer or not working, so that might work.  It would be evening for those of you in Europe, but not too late.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »

Evening sounds good to me :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »

For those of you who live in North America and work during the week, are there any days of the week you're off or would be home in the early afternoon?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 11:18:53 PM »

Mine change every week but this week and next week are Thurs/Fri.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »

Okay, I added a poll to help us figure this out.  Here are the options for when to do this:

Next Thursday, July 25th at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (8:00 GMT, 4:00 ADT, 2:00 CST, 1:00 MST, 12:00 PST)

Next Friday, July 26th at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (8:00 GMT, 4:00 ADT, 2:00 CST, 1:00 MST, 12:00 PST)

Next Friday, July 26th at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (Midnight GMT, 8:00 ADT, 6:00 CST, 5:00 MST, 4:00 PST)

If you're not in one of the time zones I listed, you'll have to figure out what time that would be for you - I just did Greenwich Mean Time, Atlantic, Central, Mountain, and Pacific.

I didn't see an option in the poll that would allow you to select more than one choice, but I made those answer options, so please answer whichever choice best fits your availability.  We'll go with what works best for the majority. :)
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8