Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

When should we watch The Hollow?

Thursday, 7/25 at 3pm EST
- 0 (0%)
Friday, 7/26 at 3pm EST
- 0 (0%)
Friday, 7/26 at 7pm EST
- 1 (16.7%)
All options work for me.
- 4 (66.7%)
Options 1&2 work for me.
- 1 (16.7%)
Options 2&3 work for me.
- 0 (0%)
Options 1&3 work for me.
- 0 (0%)
None of these options work for me.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Nick Carter movie marathon!  (Read 16414 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Nick Carter movie marathon!
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2013, 09:15:50 PM »

The radio person in me was like "you sound like you're reading. Talk like a normal person. Stop staring at the cue cards. OMG this isn't an audiobook" the whole time lol

Also, feel free to start a kickstarter "make Mare a millionaire" campaign. I'll contribute!

Nice to know! I'll let you be my executive producer! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »

Nice to know! I'll let you be my executive producer! LOL

I won't let you read off cue cards for the video, I promise. Friends don't let friends sound like they're reading. LOL I'm such an ass.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »

Works for me! As long as I get money! I'm not even picky! I'll be happy with $200!! I'll tweet thanks to people who donate $1!

It is funny though when you stop and think about how readily everyone will help out a multi millionaire while so many of us can barely afford things like groceries and medicine. LOL Sad.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2013, 10:06:32 PM »

I know right. When I get my thank you I almost want to add a, "no problem. I'm just lining up a favour for when I need cash" since you know, he has more money than I will make in a lifetime sitting in his bank account lol

I figured I might as well put this money the government is giving me for being laid off to good use for now, though. :P
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2013, 10:07:44 PM »

Yeah, exactly lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2013, 10:23:12 PM »

The radio person in me was like "you sound like you're reading. Talk like a normal person. Stop staring at the cue cards. OMG this isn't an audiobook" the whole time lol

LOL This is so true, but at least he's a good reader!  I mean, considering he basically only has an eighth grade education, that's impressive!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2013, 10:24:26 PM »

Works for me! As long as I get money! I'm not even picky! I'll be happy with $200!! I'll tweet thanks to people who donate $1!

It is funny though when you stop and think about how readily everyone will help out a multi millionaire while so many of us can barely afford things like groceries and medicine. LOL Sad.

It is sad.  Someone on Twitter RTed a tweet that basically said, "If Nick can raise this much money in such a short time, just imagine what he could do for cancer research."  Just think of how many better causes there are to donate money to!

I wonder if I can claim this as a charitable donation on my taxes? LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2013, 10:37:10 PM »

LOL This is so true, but at least he's a good reader!  I mean, considering he basically only has an eighth grade education, that's impressive!

Yes, and he didn't have to suffer through two years of performance classes where literally all I did was learn how to read aloud lol so many tongue twisters. It's okay to judge though because he's not here to defend himself. That's how that works right? Lol
~Maple Jellybean~

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2013, 10:40:28 PM »

It is sad.  Someone on Twitter RTed a tweet that basically said, "If Nick can raise this much money in such a short time, just imagine what he could do for cancer research."  Just think of how many better causes there are to donate money to!

Hell, if every person on AC put a dollar into a pot it would be a significant amount of money. That's why these crowd funding things are so effective. I'm sure he could raise a ton of money to round up some seals and feed them to orcas or something and complete the ocean circle of life, too.

...that's the best idea I've had all day. I just came up with the solution to the Canadian seal hunt controversy problem lol
~Maple Jellybean~

usako

« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2013, 01:53:37 AM »

I donated but I wish there had been a place to add conditions. Like, "you may charge my Mastercard only if you promise you WILL NOT appear in front of a camera in this film. No acting whatsoever. Not even in the background." lol

LMAO!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2013, 04:00:08 AM »

It is sad.  Someone on Twitter RTed a tweet that basically said, "If Nick can raise this much money in such a short time, just imagine what he could do for cancer research."  Just think of how many better causes there are to donate money to!

What's even sadder is that unless he offered to mention people by name in the tweets he did for that, most people would probably not donate at all. I probably would donate in that case though, when I had the money. Not for a movie, but for something like cancer research.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2013, 05:20:35 AM »

Anyway, I do give Nick a lot of credit. The boy is smart. How much did you have to pay for a personalized tweet by him? Wasn't it $50 or something? Did you see how many thank yous he mentioned? That's impressive. Ah, to have that kind of power and try to only use it for good and not evil. LOL

usako

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2013, 06:12:14 AM »

Anyway, I do give Nick a lot of credit. The boy is smart. How much did you have to pay for a personalized tweet by him? Wasn't it $50 or something? Did you see how many thank yous he mentioned? That's impressive. Ah, to have that kind of power and try to only use it for good and not evil. LOL

That's what I thought. He's really smart knowing that his fans would pay anything just for a tweet. That's the reason why I don't think it's a bad thing. Aside hoping that he would use some of this money to get some acting classes. If it's gonna be like "The Pendant", I'm gonna laugh insteand than being scared. LOL

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2013, 06:50:06 AM »

LMAO I love Nick but unless he took some acting lessons we'll be adding this to the list of "movies to mock while drinking"...right next to Hollow, Pendant, and Kill Speed.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2013, 07:41:48 AM »

I'm hoping that's why he says its for his dream to be a film producer and screenwriter not actor lol

I was looking through them and there's quite a few Hollywood names raising money for movies and short films! I suppose it works doubly because you not only get people helping with the burden of the costs but they also now know about it and will see it because they are involved.

The sad part is, the film makers that don't have any money are less likely to get it competing against bigger names.

Also... How have multiple people bought the $1,000 perk? Can I have their jobs?
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8