Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Let's tell a story! The game! LOL  (Read 2880 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Let's tell a story! The game! LOL
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:21:07 PM »

I think we tried something like this a very long time ago! I thought it would be fun if we all told a story.

So here are the rules!

You can only add one paragraph at a time to the story. Let's say 10 sentences or less.

You can add more than one paragraph but it cannot be consecutive posts. You have to wait for someone else to post after you add more.

You can not switch the POV (if it starts in first person, it has to stay in first person and so on...)

You can however switch characters, genre, action etc... which is part of the fun.

If you don't like how the plot is going, change it but it HAS to make sense. You can't just jump to something else without an appropriate segue! If that happens, I'll jump in and say THE END which means we start over and whoever posted last is out of the next story! LOL

I will wait for someone else to start but if no one does, I'll end up starting it myself.

Have fun! And try not to post chatting things in this thread especially once the story starts! If you want to discuss it, laugh about it, etc... we'll start another thread to go with this one. :) Just call it the Let's tell a story chat thread! I don't want to open that unless we get a real story going though!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
Re: Let's tell a story! The game! LOL
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:36:57 PM »

Nick's in dark room with two small windows high on the wall.A chair is in the middle of the room.It's the only other thing there.

"Hello?...I can't get out of here."

"Sit down please."

Nick looks around. It was as if the voice came out of nowhere.

"Who are you?......Where am I?"

usako

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 03:17:48 AM »

Nick's in dark room with two small windows high on the wall.A chair is in the middle of the room.It's the only other thing there.

"Hello?...I can't get out of here."

"Sit down please."

Nick looks around. It was as if the voice came out of nowhere.

"Who are you?......Where am I?"

No sound comes in reply so Nick tries to remember what happened and how he managed to end up in a situation like that. But a thick haze surrounds his memory and the only thing he can recall is that he was playing a late basket match with Brian, determined to finally win that.

"Where is my friend?" Nick asks, trying to keep his fear at bay.

The voice still appears out of nowhere. "He's okay. For now. No one would hurt him if you answer correctly at our questions."

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:17:05 AM »

No sound comes in reply so Nick tries to remember what happened and how he managed to end up in a situation like that. But a thick haze surrounds his memory and the only thing he can recall is that he was playing a late basket match with Brian, determined to finally win that.

"Where is my friend?" Nick asks, trying to keep his fear at bay.

The voice still appears out of nowhere. "He's okay. For now. No one would hurt him if you answer correctly at our questions."

"AJ, is that you?" Nick asks as he raises his eyebrow and gradually smiles.

"Uh...no, it's not me!" AJ stupidly answers in reply.

Nick shakes his head and bangs on the door, "You're such a dumbass! Now let me the hell out of here already!"

AJ looks over at Brian and the two of them giggling like school girls, finally decide to open the closet door and let him out minus the questions.

"Oh relax, it's your own fault you got locked in there in the first place, Nick." Kevin says as he passes by the other three and hands them all a piece of paper. "Okay, so this is what we got. Look at it and tell me what you think."

They all look down at the papers in their hands and sit quietly for a long minute. It is Howie who finally breaks the silence by saying....

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:18:55 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 08:23:53 PM »

"We can't call it 'Permanent Stain', Nick.  They're all going to laugh at us."

"They're all going to laugh at you!"  Brian gives them all his best Adam Sandler impression.

"But it fits the song!" Nick whines in response.

"So, here are our options,"  Kevin nods towards the piece of paper in his own hand and starts reading....