Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FS for August: First Impressions by Kyrie  (Read 7465 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for August: First Impressions by Kyrie
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:50:17 AM »

Happy August everyone!

This month our featured author is Kyrie and she has picked her story First Impressions to be the one we talk about. Here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11095&warning=4

She has joined the forum and hopefully will be participating in any discussions or questions regarding her writing.

So welcome to Kyrie and everyone else, feel free to ask questions and welcome her to the board! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for August: First Impressions by Kyrie
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 05:51:42 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »

Hi Everyone!
Thank you for reading my story and I'll do my best to answer all the questions that Mare posted:

1) No one knows that I am a teacher and that experience Kat had with her students is one I've had in the past with mine - unfortunately the Backstreet Boys were not there :-(

2) It took me about two months to write the story.

3) Kat Brady has always loved the Backstreet Boys and unknowingly gets a chance to meet them. Unfortunately, her favorite AJ isn't in the best frame of mind to meet a new fan. She tries to make the most of a bad situation and thanks to her family, he starts to come around. Their relationship gets stronger but meets with some resistance from several people. Sometimes you don't get a fairytale ending no matter how hard you try.

4) I came up with the concept by trying to figure out how the boys and a fan might react if they got a chance to mix their personal lives with a chance encounter.

5) I love Kat. I know she is frustrating and way too stubborn for her own good but she has a good heart, truly loves her family and friends and would do anything for them.

6) Without a doubt it's Michelle. She is selfish, cruel and just does not care about anyone but herself. She will use whoever she needs to get what she wants.

7) All the boys are in the story but AJ and Nick are the primary ones. Brian plays a much larger part in the sequel "Lasting Impressions."

I hope you all enjoy the story and Want to read the sequel. Please send me any feedback, good or bad, so I cam improve my writing and stories!

Thanks again!
Kyrie
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:26:45 AM »

What do you teach, Kyrie? There are a lot of teachers on the board! I think that's pretty awesome!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »

Woot, another teacher!  Welcome to the forum, and congratulation s on being featured, Kyrie!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 03:05:26 PM »

Mare - It's going to sound weird but I teach 8th grade math. My first love has always been English though.

RokofAges75 - Thank you! I've really enjoyed the writing and I was thrilled to be picked!
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »

That doesn't sound weird LOL

I wish I loved math in school! I'm an elementary /junior high music teacher. Those years are challenging but I love them! 

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 04:04:08 PM »

I actually hated math when I was their age which they find very funny since that's what I teach! I couldn't ask for a better job even when they are challenging. They always make for an interesting day! Lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 09:28:16 PM »

Yes, that age is entertaining to say the least!

Here are a few more questions for you Kyrie. We used to do a featured forum member getting to know you thing so I figured might as well ask you some of these as well so we can all get to know you better!

1. Real name:
2. How long have you been on AC?
3. How long have you been writing fanfics?
4. Give us a list of stories you have written.
5. List some of your all time favorite stories you have read.
6. Do you have your own site?
7. What are your favorite types of stories to read?
8. Who is your favorite BSB?
9. Do you find yourself writing about him more than the others?
10. What do you want to do with the rest of your life?
11. Where are you from?
12. What kinds of hobbies do you enjoy?
13. What's your favorite movie?
14. What's your favorite book?
15. Any hidden talents?

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 03:21:11 PM »

Here goes:

1) Erin LaBelle
2) Since March of this year
3) About 6 months
4) Walk With Me, Don't Want To Lose You Now, Crawling Back To You, First Impressions and Lasting Impressions
5) Speak Now, Home and October Road by Sapphire, Do You Believe In Magic and The Ghost of You and Me by evergreenwrite r83, Got Away by Pengi, and Falling Down by Rosalie
6) No
7) Any drama and romance especially AJ and Nick stories
8) AJ
9) By far. All five of my stories have been about AJ but I am going to try my hand at a Nick story when I finish Lasting Impressions
10) Teach and start a family; also meeting the guys wouldn't be so bad!
11) Brockton, Massachusetts
12) Reading, writing, swimming, cooking
13) A Walk To Remember and Sleeping With The Enemy
14) Anything by Mary Higgins Clark, Danielle Steel and Wendy Corsi Staub
15) I love to write fanfics

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »

Congrats on being featured! :) I loved your first series and I am loving the current one.

I will admit I get frustrated with Kat so my question is this: Is she going to stop being so damn stubborn any time soon?
What made you start writing fanfics?

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 06:18:32 PM »

Thanks Sapphire! Yes she is going to be a little less stubborn and maybe more willing to see the big picture.

Reading some of your stories made me want to try writing them and I was hoping that people would enjoy them!

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 06:45:26 PM »

Aw really? You're too sweet. WEll I'm gad you liked them.

I'm really enjoying your stuff. Keep it up. I look forward to seeing what happens in Lasting Impressions.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »

What types of scenes are your favorites to write?

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »

I think the scenes that seem more "real life" are my favorites. Ones that show people interacting with their freidnds and family as well as showing their teasing nature. I try to write scenes that people can relate to, albeit without the boys being in them!
Pages: [1] 2 3