Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FS for August: First Impressions by Kyrie  (Read 7464 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for August: First Impressions by Kyrie
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 07:21:20 PM »

Do you tend to use a lot of dialogue or are you more of a description person?

Also do you ever put yourself into any of your characters or tend to model any characters after people you know?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 08:45:37 PM »

I definitely use more dialogue. One thing I wish I was better at was descriptions. I can picture things in my head but have trouble getting them out.

I put pieces of me into my main characters and base other characters off friends and family. I have one friend in particular that gets a kick out of it and loves to pick her names!
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 09:03:52 PM »

Do most of your friends and family know you write?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »

No only one friend and one student know. My mother was an English teacher and loved to write. She passed away two years ago and I started reading fan fiction again. After reading some of the stories, I decided to try writing them and I wanted to see how well I could do it before I told people.
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 12:53:47 PM »

I'm sorry about your mom. I think most of us feel the same way when it comes to letting people know about writing. I am pretty sure I'd die if one of my students ever found out I wrote. LOL

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »

How did you formulate the idea for this story? Why did you want AJ to be a jerk to Kat when they met?

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »

The idea actually came to me when some of my student were after school playing the game Headbanz and they conned me into playing it with them!

I decided to have AJ act that way because it makes him more real. Everyone has a bad day and has to deal with issues that make them not that easy to be around.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »

Do you have a favorite chapter in your story? Or a favorite scene?

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »

One of my favorites has to be when they are playing football and AJ accidently tackles her. It was the tension breaker they both needed and it change the direction of the story.

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 08:11:21 PM »

IS this going to be a trilogy like your first story line?
Why did you bring the horrible ex girlfriend back?

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 10:31:38 AM »

This story will probably end with this sequel. I don't think I have enough for a third one. I had to bring back the girlfriend because there were some unresolved issues and they can't always be happy :-)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »

How hard will it be to say goodbye to your characters from this story?

Are you currently working on any new stories you'd like to tell us about?

:)

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »

Very hard! I love Kat and her relationship with AJ. Maybe I'll come back to it at some point - don't want people to get bored! I am going to try my hand at a Nick story next and see how that goes. It's going to be called "Jessie's Girl"

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »

Can't wait to see what happens in Lasting impressions.
Looking forward to the new story as well.

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 11:06:34 AM »

Thanks Sapphire! Your support and reviews have been fantastic and I know you're not big into Nick stories but I hope you like this one!
Pages: 1 [2] 3