Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: The concert thread  (Read 28633 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The concert thread
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 02:44:20 PM »

You would think, right? Sounds like they just happened to have a jerk in charge over there.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 06:01:35 PM »

That's what I don't get, why not let them finish and pay the fine lol. Apparently the cops were harsh in herding them out too. Or so I hear, we'll see what Julie says lol,
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »

Yeah, I'm curious to hear from her perspective. Hopefully they start on time tonight LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »

Story time... I get home from the gym this morning and my mother asks me if I would be interested in coming with her on a trip to Windsor/Detroit next week to see her family as I haven't met two of her brothers. I said sure then was like oh darn I will have missed the BSB Toronto show by a day!

Plans are set in motion to take this trip when I realize that the Michigan show is on Thursday - the same day we fly in! The venue is less than an hour away. I'm thinking there's no way I'm going to be able to handle being 50 minutes away and not at the show so I take a curious glance at ticketmaster to see what is left for tickets. The first single seat I pull up is Section RT, row B. I look at the little map and....shit... row B as in ROW B. Not row B of the nosebleed section, of the main section. I've never been that close at a BSB show! I check stub hub and the closest seat is Row G for $100 over face. Impulsively, I buy the ticket.

They say its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission right? Well ... sorta. My mum isn't really impressed. We are going to be there for a full week but apparently it upsets her that this is more important to me than spending time with my family. I was like its one evening. Then came how are you going to get there, you shouldn't be driving in Detroit at night, etc etc. Part of me regrets this plan and knows my life would be so much easier if I just dealt with the sadness that came from missing the show.

The other part of me is FUCKING STOKED! Since they don't want me driving at night I now have to pay for a room. Which sucks but whatever. Also my mother commented on how she didn't see why I needed to go since I'm going on the cruise and said my obsession was a bit out of control. Dude, I'm going to one freaken show. Not ten. One. Lol

There's still a little piece of me that says "don't go..." though. :/
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »

Honestly I don't see the big deal. It's one night. I know if I went to see family in Cali and BSB were performing that night I'd totally buy a ticket if I could knowing I'd be there for a full week. My family almost expects it from me at this point.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 09:21:52 PM »

It seems like the stars lined up for you, so go and enjoy yourself.

I'm sure if you decided against it, you'd be absolutely miserable the entire time you were in Detroit just thinking about it, right? chalk it off as a gift for yourself and the next time you want to buy something say "Okay I spent that already!" Maybe that will alleviate the 'don't go' feelings.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 09:24:45 PM »

That's a good way of thinking of it!

And you're right. I even said to her that if I didn't go, I would regret it. I followed that up by saying its not that it's more important but I've had a really shitty spring/summer (losing my job, losing my apartment, having to move home, not being able to find a new job, etc) so I'd really like to have a night to do something I'm really excited about.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 09:47:08 PM »

Well there ya go! :)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 11:15:49 PM »

Is it bad that I looked up the cost of a flight to Michigan?

Seriously though, so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 07:24:21 AM »

I don't know why that would be so bad, you're there for a week and the show is just one night.  Go for it and have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it and see your videos/pictures :)

I would do exactly the same thing in your position!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 07:25:58 AM »

Is it bad that I looked up the cost of a flight to Michigan?

No, because I almost didn't go because I didn't want to go without you!! It just won't feel right.
~Maple Jellybean~

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 04:10:25 PM »

Just watching Julie's videos on You Tube and really wish I was seeing them soon!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »

I know! They came out really fantastic. I haven't really seen all that much from last night's performance.

I hope they do a second leg and I hope they come here and I hope I can afford to go and I hope I can find someone to go with me! That's a lot of cards that need to be stacked in my favor! LOL Cards do not usually do that for me though!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »

Hey Julie I know you haven't written anything in here yet but I have to say the videos I have checked out so far that you posted, have been amazing! I have only watched the sound check ones so far! LOL at them all having trouble with Soldier.

Thank you!!  I bought an expensive new camera with a good zoom and video-taking abilities just for BSB stuff, and I'm so happy it paid off!  The pictures and videos I got this time are amazing!

I am going to write a LONG review to post in here, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  It'll be coming soon!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »

Story time... I get home from the gym this morning and my mother asks me if I would be interested in coming with her on a trip to Windsor/Detroit next week to see her family as I haven't met two of her brothers. I said sure then was like oh darn I will have missed the BSB Toronto show by a day!

Plans are set in motion to take this trip when I realize that the Michigan show is on Thursday - the same day we fly in! The venue is less than an hour away. I'm thinking there's no way I'm going to be able to handle being 50 minutes away and not at the show so I take a curious glance at ticketmaster to see what is left for tickets. The first single seat I pull up is Section RT, row B. I look at the little map and....shit... row B as in ROW B. Not row B of the nosebleed section, of the main section. I've never been that close at a BSB show! I check stub hub and the closest seat is Row G for $100 over face. Impulsively, I buy the ticket.

They say its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission right? Well ... sorta. My mum isn't really impressed. We are going to be there for a full week but apparently it upsets her that this is more important to me than spending time with my family. I was like its one evening. Then came how are you going to get there, you shouldn't be driving in Detroit at night, etc etc. Part of me regrets this plan and knows my life would be so much easier if I just dealt with the sadness that came from missing the show.

The other part of me is FUCKING STOKED! Since they don't want me driving at night I now have to pay for a room. Which sucks but whatever. Also my mother commented on how she didn't see why I needed to go since I'm going on the cruise and said my obsession was a bit out of control. Dude, I'm going to one freaken show. Not ten. One. Lol

There's still a little piece of me that says "don't go..." though. :/

YAY!!!  That is so exciting!  You have to go!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20