Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Unable to Respond to Reviews  (Read 35658 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Unable to Respond to Reviews
« on: August 06, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »

For some reason the site will not let me respond to reviews. I have tried using two different browsers, my work computer and my personal computer and I keep getting the same error:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /user.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Is this happening for anyone else?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Unable to Respond to Reviews
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 06:52:54 PM »

I was actually having trouble leaving a review earlier. I can't do it on firefox but I was able to do it from AOL.

Weird.

I wasn't getting a 404 error. The actual box where you're supposed to write just didn't show up for me.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 07:02:06 PM »

I am so tired of seeing that Forbidden error message!  I haven't gotten it for reviews (but I haven't posted anything in awhile either LOL), but I've gotten it when trying to post on the forum.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 07:04:31 PM »

I used to get that all the time here too but ever since Ash fixed the problem it hasn't been happening to me anymore. It's been weeks.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 07:09:46 PM »

It only seems to be certain posts.  One time it wouldn't let me post one that had URLs in it.  The other day, it let me post the first half of my really long concert review, but not the second half.  I thought maybe it was because it was too long, so I tried to post it one paragraph at a time, but it wouldn't even let me post it that way.  I didn't have anything special in that post, just text, so I have no idea why.  When I posted in other threads, it worked fine.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »

That is so random! I'll get the forbidden error when I try to hit the site sometimes too, but refreshing makes it go away lol.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 07:35:40 PM »

It just happened again! For whatever reason, I can't leave reviews on firefox! That is annoying! LOL

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »

I was actually having trouble leaving a review earlier. I can't do it on firefox but I was able to do it from AOL.

Weird.

I wasn't getting a 404 error. The actual box where you're supposed to write just didn't show up for me.

Remember the other day, when I pointed out that we weren't able to see the text boxes in the admin panel to update the news, etc and I fixed it? Well apparently we only get one or the other this week. Either we can get text boxes in the admin panel or in story bodies but not both. Sigh. I'll take a look at it.

In the meantime, if the text box isn't showing up for anyone, just unclick "use TinyMCE" and write your comments in plaintext.

Are you still unable to leave reviews, Steph?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »

It only seems to be certain posts.  One time it wouldn't let me post one that had URLs in it.  The other day, it let me post the first half of my really long concert review, but not the second half.  I thought maybe it was because it was too long, so I tried to post it one paragraph at a time, but it wouldn't even let me post it that way.  I didn't have anything special in that post, just text, so I have no idea why.  When I posted in other threads, it worked fine.

It's links. Another lovely glitch is that the script for the forum is that you have to just post a full URL, but not turn it into a [ URL=whatever]whatever[ /url] link. It won't accept it otherwise.

If its just text, I don't know why it wouldn't post. It hates us all and needs to be taken out to pasture and shot?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »

I used to get that all the time here too but ever since Ash fixed the problem it hasn't been happening to me anymore. It's been weeks.

We're you ever able to get onto the site on your laptop Mare?
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 07:44:07 PM »

Yeah, I figured out it was the links with the one post I mentioned; I think it was one where we were linking fanfics, and I wanted to make them pretty instead of posting the full URLs, but it didn't work.  But I didn't have any links in my concert review, so I don't know why that wouldn't work.  It must just hate us sometimes!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »

Remember the other day, when I pointed out that we weren't able to see the text boxes in the admin panel to update the news, etc and I fixed it? Well apparently we only get one or the other this week. Either we can get text boxes in the admin panel or in story bodies but not both. Sigh. I'll take a look at it.

In the meantime, if the text box isn't showing up for anyone, just unclick "use TinyMCE" and write your comments in plaintext.

Are you still unable to leave reviews, Steph?

Oh, I had forgotten about that! Even when I clicked the tiny micey thing there was still no box to even include plain text. LOL I like calling it tiny micey because that's how I say it! Random tidbot of info for you!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 07:46:23 PM »

We're you ever able to get onto the site on your laptop Mare?

Yes, just one day it randomly started working for me. LOL Weird.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »

Oh, I had forgotten about that! Even when I clicked the tiny micey thing there was still no box to even include plain text. LOL I like calling it tiny micey because that's how I say it! Random tidbot of info for you!

So.much.hate.

You know what the worst thing about efiction is? It's such a great concept, basically every fanfic archive uses it or has used it, especially with the volume of authors we have but they called it quits a few years ago and the script hasn't been updated since 2010. It was left with an abundance of bugs and so desperately needs TLC.

Apparently a couple of the founders have decided to give it another go but who knows when an update will be out and if it will be compatible with what everyone already has.
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »

That is a bummer about eFiction!
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5