Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: The Llama Says WHAT?  (Read 5481 times)

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
The Llama Says WHAT?
« on: August 19, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »

Here I am... making an update thread... lol

I ask if you post reviews to please reference the story and chapter you're reading so I know where you are and what you're reviewing!! haha, Cos llamas get lost easy, yo!  (crazy Llamas are crazy)

<3

I plan to be posting on the story that I'm going to be binge-writing-start-to-finish on my school break "Pause" (http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11152) and updating "The Unstable Art of Moving On" (http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11113&warning=4) over the next couple weeks that I'm freeeeeeeeeeee e from classes. (Hallelujah for breaks!)

:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

SpursLover53

• Fledgling
Re: The Llama Says WHAT?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:12:06 AM »

Hi, I just started reading Pause like ... 10 minutes ago lol. It's already amazing so far. What a cliffhanger though! Oh God!  :o

You always take stories to places that I don't expect, so I am excited where you are going with Pause. hehe. I saw some hints already with the game and whatnot. But you like to twist things on me.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:17:46 AM »

Hi, I just started reading Pause like ... 10 minutes ago lol. It's already amazing so far. What a cliffhanger though! Oh God!  :o

You always take stories to places that I don't expect, so I am excited where you are going with Pause. hehe. I saw some hints already with the game and whatnot. But you like to twist things on me.

Hey thanks for popping in to review! I'm glad you're enjoying Pause already. I have some really crazy ideas for it, so I hope you enjoy where it goes! ...The twist is my favorite part of the story! What fun is it if you got it all figured out before I even start? haha...  ;)

usako

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 10:23:51 AM »

:notworthy: You're back with a Frick and Frack story  :notworthy:

I'm kinda scared for the "death" warning in Pause. I've a bad feeling so I'm gonna have my tissue box always in hand.  ;)

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 10:56:19 AM »

:notworthy: You're back with a Frick and Frack story

I'm kinda scared for the "death" warning in Pause. I've a bad feeling so I'm gonna have my tissue box always in hand.  ;)

It's been awhile since I've written a Frick & Frack story, you're right! But finally it's here! I definitely recommend the tissues. This story is in need of a multi-tissue box warning...

SpursLover53

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »

Excellent and now a chapter 3! woo!  :-*

It had me rollin', the part about "I gotta go to the store"   :D You write great dialogue by the way.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »

You write great dialogue by the way.

I was homeschooled and one of the things my mom was always very adamant about was teaching me creative writing. From the third grade on, we did all kinds of writing prompts from all these different books and websites and stuff for practicing of writing. At some point, she decided that I needed to practice my dialogue a lot because the descriptive narratives were going really well, it was my dialogue that was flat. For an entire week, I had an assignment where I was like Harriet the Spy, carrying around a little notebook and writing down snippets of conversations I overheard. Like we went to lunch at the mall and ate in the food court and she had me write out parts of conversations from other tables, and she had me sit in front of the TV while she flipped channels and write out little snippets of the dialogue on the TV shows and stuff. Then she had me write stories around the dialogue that I overheard. Another time, we wrote stories that were completely, 100% nothing but dialogue. We had to explain everything in the story using nothing but what characters naturally said and I'd lose points if they said something that would've felt weird outside of the context of an everyday conversation.

I guess my mom's practices for dialogue writing really worked. At the time I thought it was horrible, I remember being like WHY DO I GOTTA DO THIS? and getting frustrated. But dialogue really is important to keeping a story moving, and if it isn't convincing everyone sounds like a robot. So I put a lot of work and thought into dialogue (I'll reread a chapter before I post, reading only the dialogue outloud).

All that to say thanks for noticing.  :)

SpursLover53

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »

I was homeschooled and one of the things my mom was always very adamant about was teaching me creative writing. From the third grade on, we did all kinds of writing prompts from all these different books and websites and stuff for practicing of writing. At some point, she decided that I needed to practice my dialogue a lot because the descriptive narratives were going really well, it was my dialogue that was flat. For an entire week, I had an assignment where I was like Harriet the Spy, carrying around a little notebook and writing down snippets of conversations I overheard. Like we went to lunch at the mall and ate in the food court and she had me write out parts of conversations from other tables, and she had me sit in front of the TV while she flipped channels and write out little snippets of the dialogue on the TV shows and stuff. Then she had me write stories around the dialogue that I overheard. Another time, we wrote stories that were completely, 100% nothing but dialogue. We had to explain everything in the story using nothing but what characters naturally said and I'd lose points if they said something that would've felt weird outside of the context of an everyday conversation.

I guess my mom's practices for dialogue writing really worked. At the time I thought it was horrible, I remember being like WHY DO I GOTTA DO THIS? and getting frustrated. But dialogue really is important to keeping a story moving, and if it isn't convincing everyone sounds like a robot. So I put a lot of work and thought into dialogue (I'll reread a chapter before I post, reading only the dialogue outloud).

All that to say thanks for noticing.  :)

;) No problema.
 What a smart exercise though! Makes total sense. I thank your mother for making you go through all of that too!  8-) Now I get to enjoy your stories without it sounding stiff and forced. I remember back in the late 90s - early 2000s, fanfic conversations were so.... unrealistic.

Boob-job barbie though... hehehehe  :D

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »

Awesome story about your mom teaching you how to write dialogue!  So, on to the story-- You must have added chapter three while I was reading, because I got to the bottom of chapter two ready to come here and comment on the cliffhanger, then it was a cliffhanger no more!  Well not exactly, considering that everything is on "pause."  This is so original.  Heck, everything you write is!  I'm so pumped to read another Frick and Frack story from you, too.  Looking forward to more!

SpursLover53

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »

By the way, did you make that Pause banner for the story? I JUST noticed the pause signal haha. I like it very much.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »

Awesome story about your mom teaching you how to write dialogue!  So, on to the story-- You must have added chapter three while I was reading, because I got to the bottom of chapter two ready to come here and comment on the cliffhanger, then it was a cliffhanger no more!  Well not exactly, considering that everything is on "pause."  This is so original.  Heck, everything you write is!  I'm so pumped to read another Frick and Frack story from you, too.  Looking forward to more!

I'm glad you're enjoying the story! And good timing for the cliffhanger for you then, huh? haha ;)

As for an original story --- I figure if the story's been written already, why bother writing it again? I try to make sure everything I write is unique among the other stories that are being written. I've rewritten entire storylines mid-way before because it was becoming to similar to something else that I've found after having started it. In some cases, that's what's prevented me from updating a story in awhile (perfect example being "The Time Watcher" because after starting that I read "The Time Traveler's Wife" and was stunned to find the storyline was similar - including the female lead's name! I've been trying to revamp the storyline since to depart from that similarity and can't seem to get it right).

I just never want to be predictable.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »

By the way, did you make that Pause banner for the story? I JUST noticed the pause signal haha. I like it very much.

I did. When I'm not moonlighting as a BSB fan fic author, I'm a graphic designer. I make all of my banners myself. :)