Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 11  (Read 109845 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Questions to ponder part 11
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 09:20:21 AM »

I imagine writing in texts would be the same as dialogue. I've done that dialogue story challenge twice, once in HS and once with you guys. The one I wrote in HS won an award bc I was still able to paint a picture of the scene without using any description. That's the basis of "show, not tell" after all, just have the characters describe the scene in a way that isn't awkward. So I think a text would work the same!

Also, Tracy, I'm sure with two thanksgiving holidays and Christmas upon us there will be further cranberry arguments/discussions lol

I did that once, and it wasn't as easy as I expected. You gotta be able to let the dialogue not only tell the story but who's speaking. I can see texting be the same concept.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 07:51:18 PM »

Of the guys (not their misc...), do you find you have a hard time torturing one of them but not some of the others? Are there things you refuse to do to one that you would have no problem doing to another?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »

No I find I'm pretty fair to all of them. At least in terms of HOW I torture. The rate is pretty skewed in Nick's direction lmao.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 10:17:10 PM »

I kill Howie easily but have a hard time physically torturing Kevin..um I think I do pretty even with the torture of the other three
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 10:55:04 PM »

I'm an equal-opportunity torturer LOL.  Nick and Brian are usually my victims of choice, but I have made bad things happen to all of them.  Of the five, Howie has suffered the least, but I have a story in the works where I will make up for that, so not even he can escape my evil clutches.  I don't really have any sort of boundaries or restrictions anymore.  Nothing is off limits.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 08:01:03 AM »

Of the guys (not their misc...), do you find you have a hard time torturing one of them but not some of the others? Are there things you refuse to do to one that you would have no problem doing to another?

I'm pretty equal opportunity but come to think of it I don't think I've tortured, maimed or killed anyone but Nick!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »

I tend not to hurt Howie, which is funny because I always plan to but my favorite victims are  nick, brian or Kevin.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:16:42 PM by DelphinaCarter »

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 02:43:22 PM »

I'll torture them all and I'd probably kill them off too.  Gone are the days when I had boundaries lol.

usako

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »

I tend not to hurt Howie, which is funny because I always plan to but my favorite victims are  nick, brian or Kevin.

lol I quote you because we're similar. I never hurt Howie, mostly because I tend to forget about him *pats Howie on the head* Obviously, my favorite victims are Brian and Nick. And no, I don't have boundaries. When you start torture, you can only go further and further. LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 03:37:43 PM »

I realized that I never tend to seriously injure Kevin ever. In my Protect and Serve series, AJ and Brian were shot, Howie was pummeled with a bat, Nick..well good Lord but Kevin was pretty much unscathed. That tends to happen a lot with him. LOL

What about reading? Do you enjoy reading one being hurt over the others? Is there someone you can't deal with being bodily harmed?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 03:45:28 PM »

What about reading? Do you enjoy reading one being hurt over the others? Is there someone you can't deal with being bodily harmed?

Reading?
Brian.
Brian.
Brian.
And Brian. LOL

The one I can't deal with being harmed is Nick, but only because I've used up all my patience for all the stories when he's the one being harmed. lol Lately I'm like "Oh God, not again." LOL

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »

I will read about anyone being tortured, I am not really biased, torture in general is always a good read.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 04:22:52 PM »

I tend to torture Nick the most, because it's the most fun, LOL.
I hardly ever hurt Kevin, because I don't like to "see" him weakened or in pain.
Therefore in almost every review I leave for "Hope" by Mare, I tell her she's being mean to him ;)
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »

As long as the torture makes sense to the plot I don't care who it is LOL
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 05:34:05 PM »

I know this sounds kind of weird coming from me, but I don't really enjoy reading about any of them being tortured physically. Mentally I love it, but the physical stuff makes me all squeamish! LOL yes, I know!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44