Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FS for October: Battle Born by Mammogirl  (Read 5929 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for October: Battle Born by Mammogirl
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:34:46 AM »

Happy October everyone!

Our latest featured author is Cinzia aka usako aka mammogirl and the story she chose is Battle Born.

Here is a link: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11136&warning=4

Cinzia is great with description and detail and of course, angst! So go check it out!

If you have any questions for her, feel free to ask in here and I'm sure she'll be more than willing to answer them for you!

Happy Reading!

:)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for October: Battle Born by Mammogirl
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:35:23 AM »

Here are your first set of questions!

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:12:27 AM »

Congrats, Cinzia!  I really enjoyed the beginning of this story and then fell behind - I need to catch up when I have more time to sit around and read some fanfic!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 06:35:25 AM »

First of all, thanks for the featured. It's the first time that it happens.  :)

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

It's my very first long story that hasn't slash in it. I don't count my very first story years ago because I'm rewriting it as a slash so, yeah, this is my first long that features Brian and Nick as only friends.
Second, the title of the story comes from the song "Battle Born" by The Killers. I was listening to it as I start plotting this story and the first verse of the song is my Brian: "You lost faith in the human spirit
You walk around like a ghost."

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
The story isn't finished. I don't have willpower, when I write a chapter I can't wait to post it.  :D I can only talk about the chapters and they take me one week to write them because I first write them in Italian and then I translate them.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Disclaimer: I'm bad with summeries! lol
They've always believed that something like that could happen only in movies or tv-shows. Or to someone else. But it happened to them and there was no apparent reason for that kind of violence. Getting up on their feet isn't going to be a funny and easy ride, especially because this time is Brian the one who seemed to have lost his faith and his belief. But what will happen when the bad guys decided that the game isn't really over?

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?
The first inspiration came after reading a story in the Sherlock fandom that had a similar scene, so I thought: what would happen if I take Brian and Nick and I put them in that situation? The image was the one with Brian standing in front of Nick and not letting anyone come closer to him, ready to fight in anyway. From that, it came another inspiration, born from the fact that there aren't stories where Brian is the one tortured/hurt and broken. 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

It might not be a surprise. Brian. Not only because is my favorite period but because I always tend to put in him in hard and difficult situations and then let him try (lol) to get up on his feet. And it might be a surprise the fact that I have to add as favorite Nick. I know that for now he's only unconscious but I have some plans for him and I'm kinda proud of him.

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
I don't have really a least one. I even love my bad guys. I guess I will go with Howie for the simple fact that I already know he is going to be the less featured. I love you Howie, but I don't know how to write you!

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Though Brian and Nick are the main characters, all of the guys will be featured. More or less (sorry Howie). It's kinda funny the fact that I'm not really a Kevin's lover but I always end up writing a lot with him because I love his relationship with Brian, something that I find interesting that isn't a lot featured in other stories.

usako

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 06:36:50 AM »

Congrats, Cinzia!  I really enjoyed the beginning of this story and then fell behind - I need to catch up when I have more time to sit around and read some fanfic!

Thank you Julie!

And don't worry. I'm really a slow writer! lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »

Congrats on being featured, Cinzia! This is on my to-read list :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 04:49:40 AM »

Congrats Cinzia!

usako

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 06:20:37 AM »

Thanks!  :) :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 04:06:38 PM »

What is it about torturing Brian that you love so much?

usako

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 04:19:25 PM »

That's a good question.

First answer will be because he's small and it's kinda of fun torturing him. lol

On a serious note, what I've always loved and admired in Brian is his strenght. With everything he had been through, he never stopped being positive and I'm sure he has and still hides a lot because he doesn't want people to focus on the negative. So that's the "fun" part: exploring his fragile part, broking him down and then try to bring him back on his feet. He's an interesting character because you can play with him in different ways.

And, to me, his life is a giant angst! LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »

Some questions to get to know you better!

How long have you been on AC?

How long have you been writing fanfics?

What are your three favorite stories you have ever written and why?

Do you think your list matches what your readers might say?

Name the very first fanfic you ever read that you remember thinking  "Wow this is a great read"

If you could compare yourself to another writer on this board, who would it be and why?

What are your favorite types of stories to read?

What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to fanfics?

Would you consider yourself more of a reader or a writer?

What is the one section on the forum you never visit?

What do you want to do with the rest of your life?

Where are you from?

When you're not surfing the net, what are you doing?

List your five favorite TV shows

List your five favorite books

What would your last meal be?

Any hidden talents?

Do you have any pets?

Besides AC, what site do you find yourself on most?

usako

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:33 AM »

How long have you been on AC?

As a reader, I think from 2011. As writer, only this year.

How long have you been writing fanfics?

Practically, all of my life. In high school I wrote Sailor Moon's fanfiction. Then I started writing original novels but university kinda stopped me. I started writing again after going to the "This Is Us" concert here in Italy.

What are your three favorite stories you have ever written and why?

1) "Forces of Nature".
It's my very first long one (and still is yet unfinished. I'm only halfway with it and I'm already like 200 pages.) and my first slash. It has a little bit of everything that I love: Brian's angst, Brian and Nick's relationship, a crazy villain that I can't hate, suspence...

2) "Love Story".
My baby. It's my baby. It's my first AU and one of the few stories that I finished. I love my characters here, I love how they grow up and mature through all the chapters.

3) "Unbreakable".
It's another one that I'm proud of. It's not completely mine because I've written it with a friend that now doesn't write BSB slash anymore. And, oh my God, it's not a Brian and Nick's slash but it's an Aj and Brian's one. But, aside that, I love the villain here. Zach is one of the best characters I ever wrote.

Do you think your list matches what your readers might say?

I can only speak for the only trusted reader that still follows me years after years. And yes, she might agree with that list.

Name the very first fanfic you ever read that you remember thinking  "Wow this is a great read"

"Mind Games". I stayed up all night reading it and, at the end, I was like "wow. Wish I could write something like that".

If you could compare yourself to another writer on this board, who would it be and why?

I try not to compare myself because I always end feeling depressed because I'm not that good like the others. Especially with a language that I still have a lot to learn. So... I really don't know.

What are your favorite types of stories to read?

Everything that has Brian has the main character and has him tortured/hurt/sick/broken/almost to the point of dying or dying. lol Aside this, I read everything but het, it depends on the mood: lately I've been in the mood of a good hurt/comfort, a little angst with a good ending.

What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to fanfics?

Aside bad grammar, I think my biggest pet peeve are mostly related to the lack of psychological description of the characters; illness or deseases tretead as if they were only a plot to bring together the two main character, female characters that take up all the attention from the guys. I want to read stories about the guys not about some girl who is so special that everyone has to talk/hang out/defende/protect. Biggest pet peeve? When, between the girl and one of the guy, the rest of the Boys decide to take side of the girl. I'm always like "really?"

Would you consider yourself more of a reader or a writer?

Definetely a writer. I read in the break during writing and watching a tv show. LOL

What is the one section on the forum you never visit?

The old threads. LOL

What do you want to do with the rest of your life?

My dream is something between having a small bakery or working as a translator/interpreter.

Where are you from?

A very little, little, little town in the North of Italy, not that far from Milan.

When you're not surfing the net, what are you doing?

Reading books, cooking, being a nerd for all the tv shows that I watch, being Cinderella... lol Hanging out with my friends.

List your five favorite TV shows

1. Sherlock Holmes (BBC)
2. Person of Interest
3. Glee (I have a love/hate relationship with it, though)
4. Criminal Minds
5. Revenge

List your five favorite books

I can't chose only five books. All the Sherlock's novels, Sohie Kinsella's, Patricia Cornwell (though I'm a little disappointed by the last books), Dan Brown's, Philippa Gregory's

What would your last meal be?
I'm Italian. I can't live without pizza.

Any hidden talents?
Cooking. I bake cakes, biscuits/cookies. I've to learn to cook because I've started dieting last year and I've changed all my eating habits (and I've always had a bad relationship with food).

Do you have any pets?
Two cats. Charlie, who now is almost 11 years old and Belle, an abandoned cat that I've found in my garden and has became my little one.

Besides AC, what site do you find yourself on most?
BSB forum, Archive.org (an archive of fanfiction), tumblr and twitter, various sites of Sherlock/Johnlock's fanfictions.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 05:28:56 PM »

Have you ever written anything outside the BSB fandom?

You know what's weird? My cat Bella had been abandoned as well by my old apartment complex. She knocked on my screen door and came right in and hasn't left since. Must be the name. LOL

usako

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 06:41:07 AM »

Have you ever written anything outside the BSB fandom?

I actually started writing fanfiction in the Sailor Moon fandom, though I only wrote two short and started a long that was soon stopped because I stopped writing. Then, during my "hiatus" I did wrote some stupid and weird dialogue about football players... like I'm doing now when I found some cute or hilarious pictures of the guys. lol
I've written even a really short story about Glee and my second favorite character, Blaine.

You know what's weird? My cat Bella had been abandoned as well by my old apartment complex. She knocked on my screen door and came right in and hasn't left since. Must be the name. LOL

Belle didn't come knocking, actually I've spent two weeks going in the garden of my house and bring her food because she was that afraid that she didn't allow anyone to come closer her. And after we finally managed to get her in the house, she didn't left my side for other two weeks straight: she even slept on my shoulder the first days because she was afraid I was going to leave her.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 04:20:39 AM »

What is the craziest idea you've ever had for a fanfic?

Pages: [1] 2