Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Things we don't know about you  (Read 29890 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Things we don't know about you
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2014, 07:19:13 PM »

:)

Let's all move to Australia!  I really want to see a platypus in person!  And kangaroos!  You guys have the coolest animals!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »

LOL Mare! How do I get my hands on one of these?

RokofAges75, I don't want to sound up myself, but Australia DOES have the coolest animals lol. Platypuses are so random - they're like a duck mushed with some kind of land animal, like an otter or something. I love doing the whole close encounters thing and I've done it with most of the popular Australian animals like kangaroos (even an albino one!), wallabies, koalas, emus, dingoes, possums, wombats, echidnas, snakes, different parrots, but I'm itching to do one with a platypus! You can only really see them at the zoo :(

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 08:31:39 PM »

Australian animals are pretty cool, I agree. Definitely beats the boring old animals here lol except for the kind with the poisonous venom. I could do without those. :P
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 08:35:24 PM »

RokofAges75, I don't want to sound up myself, but Australia DOES have the coolest animals lol. Platypuses are so random - they're like a duck mushed with some kind of land animal, like an otter or something. I love doing the whole close encounters thing and I've done it with most of the popular Australian animals like kangaroos (even an albino one!), wallabies, koalas, emus, dingoes, possums, wombats, echidnas, snakes, different parrots, but I'm itching to do one with a platypus! You can only really see them at the zoo :(

We did a fun little exchange last year where some people made dolls of characters of their fanfics. Steph (carter-orange) made me an It Stays with You Nick doll that had MINE tattooed on it's arm and I know Julie (RokofAges) made one for Steph for her fic "Save a Prayer" Where Jordan had botflies in his head.

There was also the epic Nick "Broken" doll too! LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 08:39:58 PM »

I'm so jealous!  I actually googled once to find out where I could go to see a platypus and was very disappointed to discover they only have them in zoos in Australia!  I would seriously love to go to Australia someday!
~Julie

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »

There's this one place I know of called Healesville Sanctuary in Victoria where I live where you can swim with them and feed them. It's quite pricey but definitely something I want to do. Are there no platypuses in any of the zoos in your country? That seems a little odd. But other than the wildlife and nature, you're not missing much lol

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2014, 08:47:18 PM »

Speaking of animals, did anyone hear about the giraffe that they killed to feed a lion at Copenhagen zoo? It was only 18 months old  :(

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:04 PM »

We did a fun little exchange last year where some people made dolls of characters of their fanfics. Steph (carter-orange) made me an It Stays with You Nick doll that had MINE tattooed on it's arm and I know Julie (RokofAges) made one for Steph for her fic "Save a Prayer" Where Jordan had botflies in his head.

There was also the epic Nick "Broken" doll too! LOL

Here is Broken Nick (which was made for me) with Justin, a.k.a. "Drums" doll from 00Carter, which I made for  Rose.  http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/joolligan/Funny/drumsbrokennickdolls.jpg

And here is Broken Nick picking bot flies out of Bot Fly Jordan's brain.  http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/joolligan/Funny/Bot%20Fly%20Jordan/botflyjordanbox3.jpg
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:12 PM »

There's this one place I know of called Healesville Sanctuary in Victoria where I live where you can swim with them and feed them. It's quite pricey but definitely something I want to do. Are there no platypuses in any of the zoos in your country? That seems a little odd. But other than the wildlife and nature, you're not missing much lol

So cool!  No, apparently they're not allowed outside of Australia!  I thought that was odd too.  The zoo near me just opened a new Australia exhibit; I was thinking a platypus would be the perfect addition, but no... apparently not.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »

Speaking of animals, did anyone hear about the giraffe that they killed to feed a lion at Copenhagen zoo? It was only 18 months old  :(

I did see that - so awful!  I don't understand why they would do that when other zoos were even offering to take the giraffe.  The article I read said it was done to prevent inbreeding, because apparently sterilizing them causes damages to the internal organs...?  So they just decided it would be better off dead?  I don't get it. :(
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »

Ack! I keep trying to ignore that story but it's Sarah Mclachlaning me wherever I go!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2014, 09:07:20 PM »

No! There's a little zoo near me that has African and South American animals and emus, a N. American section too of course haha, but I've never really seen Australian animals. I did see a wallaby at a zoo in Vancouver once though.

I heard some places were like 50 degrees there recently, do you live there? I'd melt. I can't handle 30 lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2014, 09:08:01 PM »

Ack! I keep trying to ignore that story but it's Sarah Mclachlaning me wherever I go!

Have you seen the doberhuahua commercial? If yes you'll know why the mere mention of her made me laugh.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »

No, I have not lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2014, 09:18:14 PM »

I like crafts, I got a rainbow loom for christmas and I am obsessed. It's fun. Plus I used to make rugs when I was a kid.

those dolls look awesome BTW. lol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9