Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: My Greetings to you  (Read 5664 times)

Sin

• Fledgling
My Greetings to you
« on: September 05, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »

Hello out there my name is Kati, I'm 28 years old :) and I recently started writing BSB fics..

I'm from germany, central europe, east germany, tho I was born in west germany before the wall fell. I have been a BSB fan back starting probably when Everybody was released, before I liked their song too, but with Everybody I became a fan. I was only til 2001/2002, then I started to listen to other music. Recently nostalgia got me and somehow I ended up being an even bigger BSB fan, than I was all those years ago.

Brian is my favorite since back then, In my opinion he was their best singer in those times (stupid vocal issues) and I still support him today, cause I think he's a cool dude. I also like the others of course :), but yeah Brian the most.

So I started writing a fanfiction, it's not my first fanfiction, but the first to this fandom and one of the first I wrote in english. I wrote fanfics for other fandoms before, even as a 10 year old I wrote crazy crossovers, and as 14 year old I wrote Pokémon fanfics, those were more adventure-oriented tho... and I was not really that great. I also wrote some DAoC stories about my own character.

My most active fandoms before were most definitly Harry Potter & Formula 1 tho. My longest story is a Harry Potter Fanfictions with 24.670 words (http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/fanfiction/132862/ it's german). It's a Dramione story mostly however I tried to write it in the structure of your typical Harry Potter book.
Before BSB fiction I wrote Formula 1 Fanfiction (which also was my first RPF). My last started story there is even still online (http://archiveofourown.org/works/2087367/chapters/4542912 it's german)

I feel like my writing style got worse since I wrote that Potter fic but I'm trying to get back on track... also my english naturally isn't as lyrical as my german... my fanfiction here is this one http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11302

Besides of writing I also LOVE gaming :) and roleplaying, yeah that's my hobbies....

I think that was enough talk :) I hope we can be friends :D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: My Greetings to you
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »

Hi Kati! Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of us who took a break for awhile & then came back. Also nice to see you writing! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »

Welcome, Kati! :)  I'm a Brian girl too and also a Harry Potter fan!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 08:15:33 AM »

Welcome to the forum, Kati :) I wrote Pokemon fanfics when I was younger too, haha.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 05:37:20 AM »

Welcome!  I love Harry Potter too. I also like video games. Hope you like the  board :) I am a Nick and Brian ggirl.

Sin

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:10:47 PM »

Thank you guys alot for welcoming me here :) *bows* I hope I will be able to improve my writing style with the help of this forum :)

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 10:02:59 AM »

Welcome, Kati!

I am also new to AC and to the BSB fanfic world (as a writer, anyway). Everyone around here is very nice, so I hope you enjoy yourself. I'm a Brian girl as well.  :drools: