Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Let the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge Begin!  (Read 62823 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Let the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge Begin!
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »

Happy check-in  Monday! LOL It doesn't have the same ring to it as Saturday.

Not much to say, just keep reading, reviewing and responding to your reviews.

Congrats to carterkid, DelphinaCarter, Kyrie, KeepThisSecret and Carter-Orange who have all completed this challenge! You are all awesome and we aspire to be you one day! :) lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »

Thanks Mare, Your awesome too!

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »

i dont think I will ever get my story done unless she reviews lol..but the chances are looking slim to none.
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »

I am going to give you guys options as far as that's concerned. I'm not giving up on her yet.

If she still hasn't reviewed (more than one chapter) or responded to a fair amount of reviews by August 9th. I'm going to go ahead and let you guys do your completed survey and just stop where you were. Since none of her stories you guys are reading are completed anyway, it doesn't matter to me if you read all the chapters that are posted, especially if she's not going to do her part.

If however, you want to continue reading that's fine. It's up to you. I'm just not going to force you to.

Like I said, I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she comes in and does what she signed up for. We shall see what happens!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2014, 05:45:22 PM »

I'm hoping she does. Like you I wanna give her the benefit of the doubt. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2014, 09:01:43 PM »

yeah I am kinda sticking around and waiting it out myself as well. I keep checking back to see if she has responded but nothing. I only check every couple of days or when i see her post a new chapter on a story  she is writing or something.
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2014, 05:08:03 AM »

Final survey (To be completed after finishing the story you are reading)

Name of story: Unwinding Truth

1) What was the biggest challenge for you when reading this story?
I knew it was going to be hard just because it was not only an AU but also a sci-fi story. Those two are probably my least favorite genres to read next to romance. I also knew it wasn't completed and hadn't been updated in quite a while which was another fear. Luckily this sparked them to update again. I hope they continue because people who love those two genres would really enjoy this one!

2) Did you find yourself looking forward to reading as you were going along or did it feel like homework?
It didn't feel like homework as long as I stuck to my reading first thing in the morning plan. lol otherwise no matter what I read feels like homework. I have no clue why!

3) What was your favorite scene/chapter in the story?
Not one chapter or scene per say but more the general reactions of how AJ, Nick and Emma felt as they tried things for the first time. Both Lore and Steph did a great job with that.

4) Was your favorite character at the halfway point still your favorite at the end?
If I said Nick, then yes.

5) Who was your least favorite character and why?
AJ, turned out to be a junior high mean girl trapped in the body of a 30 year old man!

6) If there was a sequel to this story would you be interested in reading it?
This story isn't finished yet. Let's be done with this one before we talk about another one. lol

7) Were you happy with the ending?
The one I made up in my head, yes very! LOL

8) Name the biggest surprise in the story and did you see it coming? (If there was one)
Just how mean and out of character Brian was from the start.

9) What was this stories biggest strength?
Definitely the descriptions and the world that the girls created. My favorite scenes like I said above had to do with how the three characters from Endwise perceived things for the first time, but also the actual town they had escaped to and Endwise itself were all very creative ideas.

10) What was it's biggest weakness?
I would say character development was an issue at times. I never really felt fully engaged with the characters (like Emma or AJ, Brian and Howie) because even though I knew some of their back stories at times I felt like there was still something missing. Felt like that with the plot at times too. I know its not complete but I think the overall pacing of the story had to do with this.

11) Did reading this story make you want to try another one from this author?
I have read quite a few by Steph and I would definitely try a non AU from Lore someday.   

12) Give us one final review that sums up your experience reading this, maybe explain why you gave the kind of feedback you did or if you would have perhaps picked a different story from this one?
Both of these ladies were very good with their mechanics, so as I read I just kind of asked questions when I felt like there were plot holes or something was too confusing and tried to give concrit from the POV of someone who maybe doesn't really read AU's or sci-fi all that often. Which is me, I guess. LOL

13) Did the author respond to your feedback?
Yes, they both did.

14) Any final thoughts or questions for the author?
Just wondering why they went so out of character with Brian, Howie and now possibly AJ.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:38 PM »

The only thing I can say is I hope you might read this when we complete it, some light might be shed on the comments in regard to the three characters that are out of character.  There is some definite things planned in the story that could possibly explain to you what our brains were doing. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2014, 01:24:57 PM »

What your brains were doing? LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2014, 09:15:54 AM »

I think we wanted to make Brian the complete opposite of how he really is, but he may or may not have his reasons for being that way lol.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2014, 10:22:46 PM »

we just took his strong beliefs and made it, "what if he was taught to have strong beliefs in the bad"  *shrugs*  There I said it... lol.... 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2014, 04:42:04 AM »

Name of story: Falling In Love by Emily_Michele

1) What was the biggest challenge for you when reading this story? Time. I don't have time to read fanfics as I used to before. I actually get to finish this by reading one or two chapters while riding the train to work.

2) Did you find yourself looking forward to reading as you were going along or did it feel like homework? I am actually excited to read. It just felt like a homework cause of the deadline, which I met by the way. lol

3) What was your favorite scene/chapter in the story? Too many. But I like that one chapter while in the cruise and the boys are in the table having breakfast, lunch or dinner, I can't remember. lol And also the romantic and cute chapters. Plus AJ's women-they-talk conversation with Nick. Emily has a great sense of humour and I enjoyed those funny moments.

4) Was your favorite character at the halfway point still your favorite at the end? Yes. I still like Nick and Annie.

5) Who was your least favorite character and why? There's not many characters in the story. But probably, Lauren? Just because she wants to abort the baby.

6) If there was a sequel to this story would you be interested in reading it? Yes! Actually, Run is already on my to read list.

7) Were you happy with the ending? Absolutely.

8) Name the biggest surprise in the story and did you see it coming? (If there was one) That Brian has no romantic thing for Annie? lol

9) What was this stories biggest strength? Emily's way of describing the scenes. She describes perfectly even the smallest details. Those things that the story can still be great without it but since she added those, the story became better. She even have those slow chapters, those that nothing important happened. It was just the characters talking to each other but not boring at all. Sorry, I can't express my thoughts well.

10) What was it's biggest weakness? None. I would say that it's long but every scenes are vital part of story to build the romantic ending for Nick and Annie.

11) Did reading this story make you want to try another one from this author? Definitely. I love writers who are good in descriptions.

12) Give us one final review that sums up your experience reading this, maybe explain why you gave the kind of feedback you did or if you would have perhaps picked a different story from this one? This story is good for those who are suckers for romance. Emily is a great writer, and it is romance with sense of humour. It's not the kind of story that's full of I love yous but you can feel how much the characters care for each other.

13) Did the author respond to your feedback? Yes. I actually look forward to her response.

14) Any final thoughts or questions for the author? You are now one of my favorite writers. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2014, 04:47:49 AM »

Mare, I met my deadline. Now, all I have to do is finish your one shots and answer the surveys. Do I need to post halfway there when I finished 5?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2014, 04:54:31 AM »

Because you're reading a bunch of short stories instead of one, just skip the halfway there survey for now. I'll make a short story version of the surveys when my computer decides to cooperate. Yay for making the deadline! (With plenty of time to spare!)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2014, 05:08:46 AM »

:bananapower: :wave:

Yay! I told you, I don't want to disappoint you. And I have plans of joining the 2015 reading challenge (with a new story, I hope), so I want to maintain a good track record. lol
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15