Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which of Mare's stories would you like to see featured next month?

Whatever the Night May Bring
A Million Little Things
Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost
It Stays With You
The Importance of Fly Fishing

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: The Top Ten!  (Read 39412 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: The Top Ten!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 05:26:56 AM »

Lmao poor you.

And true, oldies to me are like Whitney, Eboni, Bria and Chaos lol. With chaos the only one who posted here. Geeze I feel old.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 05:57:39 AM »

Same lol I wish Eboni posted on AC

Back when we all needed our own sites or had to be hosted on others. Those were the days. And the only way to give & get feedback was through actual email. Remember those days? *rocks in rocking chair while knitting a hat*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:07:10 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 12:52:05 PM »

Back when we all needed our own sites or had to be hosted on others. Those were the days. And the only way to give & get feedback was through actual email. Remember those days? *rocks in rocking chair while kitting a hat*

;D I'm feeling my age!!!!  I remember the first time I sent feedback to an author, it was Chaos.  I was so nervous! And it seemed that Eboni and I would email each other every other day, just "talking" about her fanfics.   I still have a few that she started, but never posted on her site.   :shrug:  I miss her!
Pammy Whammy

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 01:05:53 PM »

;D I'm feeling my age!!!!  I remember the first time I sent feedback to an author, it was Chaos.  I was so nervous! And it seemed that Eboni and I would email each other every other day, just "talking" about her fanfics.   I still have a few that she started, but never posted on her site.   :shrug:  I miss her!

Honestly, that's how I became friends with most of the BSB writers I know now. Because of those initial emails back and forth. Chaos, Swenglish and Jenna were the first people I ever gave feedback to. I felt the same way with Eboni! I remember chatting with her for hours on IM about fanfics, hot fireman and life in general. Also Kat and Amy who both in turn ended up becoming very good friends for life, even though they are both way out of the fanfic world today. Of course Mersey and Maria as well. *sigh*

I also remember the first time I got a feedback for my stories. Those things kind of stuck with you. In a good way!

Sometimes I miss those days. Everything has gotten so impersonal now, if it weren't for the review and respond to review buttons, I'm not sure if anyone would know who is reading what anymore. There seems to be next to no more wanting to reach out to your favorite authors.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 01:24:45 PM »

I have gotten so bad about sending feedback! :o  But with the summer off, I hope to do better.
Pammy Whammy

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »

You are not alone, which is another reason I do the reading challenge. It's nice for the writers to get steady feedback and helps motivate some to even write. The power of a compliment is an amazing thing! lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »

But I guess oldie is all relative to how long you've been in the fandom writing wise? Regardless, we still have 4 people fighting for that last spot but those people keep changing LOL

Some of us are the oldies lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »

Back when we all needed our own sites or had to be hosted on others. Those were the days. And the only way to give & get feedback was through actual email. Remember those days? *rocks in rocking chair while knitting a hat*

I gave all of my feedback through Yahoogroups. Lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2014, 05:59:37 PM »

I know we are lol which is also odd.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2014, 06:00:25 PM »

I gave all of my feedback through Yahoogroups. Lol

Oh yes, there were those too! I used to have a mailing list through yahoo. lol

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »

I'm brainstorming my list... I'm glad some people posted in here so I don't have to look up pen names!

I also love the old school fan fic conversation! I loved getting feedback via email! It always made my day. And I loved my little website. Haha

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2014, 07:21:24 PM »

As much as I hate to say this, Eboni was one of those ppl that I loved but then when I went to read again years later I was like "why did I like this?" Especially when I realized she named female characters after herself.

Anyway, no hijacks, top 10s, yadda yadda lol
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »

I think we all have stories like that too. That we initially loved and thought they were the best thing ever only to read again and think, okay was I high on crack? LOL

A lot of people put their names in their own stories back then. I don't think I ever did though. LOL

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »

LOL there was one by Bria called "Shards of a Shattered Life" that I downloaded years ago and I tried to read it once and was like wtf was I thinking!? My standards, not that high back then.

It's weird I'm probably considered an oldie on here LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »

I think we all have stories like that too. That we initially loved and thought they were the best thing ever only to read again and think, okay was I high on crack? LOL

A lot of people put their names in their own stories back then. I don't think I ever did though. LOL

I have one...its THE worst fan fic I think I have ever written and I was soooooo proud of it but I read it one day and was like OMG i need to take this down lol...never did...its sadly still up ;)

I dont think I have ever used my "real" name for anything on the internet well other than facebook LOL...i think if I used "carter" people (i.e my MIL) would be wth and then I would have to explain and I hate explaining it lol.
~Carter~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11