Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which of Mare's stories would you like to see featured next month?

Whatever the Night May Bring
A Million Little Things
Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost
It Stays With You
The Importance of Fly Fishing

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: The Top Ten!  (Read 39698 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The Top Ten!
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2014, 01:14:29 PM »

It's time to reveal our #9 author!!

Congrats to one of the queens of angst and bromance...

Jenna!!

Jenna has been around for a very long time. One of our veterans. I know I say this a lot but "Swollen Issues" was one of the very first stories I had ever read. She has a knack for telling great stories and it's no surprise she's great at the medical stuff. I like to call her the original cancer queen!! Even though that sounds like a horrible title to have! LOL (only in BSB fanfic would be that be a compliment!)

I will be making a poll for Jenna with five of her stories when you open the thread.

Please vote for which one you feel should be the featured story next month!

And congrats Jenna!!!

:notworthy:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:19:16 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2014, 01:23:38 PM »

Summaries of the stories you have to choose from:

1) You Go I Go: A last minute decision....th e consequences of their actions....
Part one of the Nick and Lizz series

2) Trapped: Something mysterious happens to Brian and all the fingers of blame point to Nick. Can he solve this in time before both his and Brian's lives are changed forever?

3) Toured Out: What really goes on before, during and after concerts when the guys are on tour? Do we really want to know??

4) All I Have To Give: Nick is in a horrible car accident. See how he and his friends deal with the cards fate has dealt him.

5) Altered States: The unexpected and the unexplainable happens to Brian and his world. Brian slowly shuts Nick out, refusing his help but will their strong bond as "brothers" allow this to happen?

* You can vote for two stories and you have all the way up until August 30th to vote!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2014, 01:49:22 PM »

Yay Jenna! She's one of my fave old school authors.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »

Me too!!  I think she's the only one from the era I started reading in who's still writing (from time to time).
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »

Just a reminder to come in and vote for which story of Jenna's you would like to see featured next month! Even if you haven't ever read them. Vote!! You're allowed two per person. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »

Just a reminder to keep voting. Right now we have a tie!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2014, 04:38:00 AM »

There is a tie. So someone please change your vote from one of the losing stories to either of the ones on top before tomorrow night, okie dokie?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2014, 06:10:53 PM »

I have officially locked the polls. Looks like we'll be discussing  "Trapped" :)

Is anyone curious to see who author #8 is?

Guesses?

I'll be posting their poll up tomorrow night!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2014, 05:41:44 AM »

Stay tuned to see who our #8 author will be... :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »

It's time to reveal author number 8!

See what I did there?

Congrats to Jen! Aka evergreenwrite r83!!  :bsb:

I reset the poll at on the first post with the three stories Jen chose for us to pick from. You can pick two of them and at any time you can change your vote. The polling will end on the 30th.

So, yay to our author # 8! :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »

Uh...someone voted for n/a? Lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »

This is driving me crazy, so can the two people who voted for n/a please change your votes to whatever it is you meant to vote for. The only reason there are n/a options is because it won't allow me to take away choices and only to add them. Since the prior poll had five choices, two were left over. If you are voting n/a because it doesn't matter to you which story we discuss, then just don't vote. Lol

Thanks,

Anal me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2014, 04:37:53 AM »

Keep those votes coming! Right now there's a tie between two of them. What's with you guys and ties? Lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2014, 06:55:01 AM »

Don't forget to vote for your favorite story by Jen! Right now there is a tie!

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2014, 07:31:03 AM »

I'm honored to be in the top ten! I know my writing has slowed to the pace of a snail with reoccurring amnesia.  I see a day about 11 months from now when I can sit down, slowly caress my master's degree, and get back to writing for FUN and enjoyment.  It's extremely frustrating to fall asleep, dream up a story, wake up, and realize that I have to learn the whole MARC programming language for an assignment due in three days.  My characters are holding protest marches in my head -- which isn't a bad vision because I try to believe that Nick would be one of those protesters that only marches in a sign and tighty whities.  Or maybe naked.  Or---okay, going WAYYY off on a tangent. :) :cough:

Thanks all!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11