Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Those were the days!  (Read 28395 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Those were the days!
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2014, 09:38:55 PM »

lmao I took so many pointless quizzes on that site. Good times!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2014, 11:46:19 PM »

When I Google myself I found my WordPress site and YouTube channel. Which has a video of me reading part of Finding Carter on there lol.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »

I'm archived on the Bauhaus but moved those dreadful fics over here too. :). I read some of Whitney and Cecilia's stuff as a lurker. :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2014, 08:50:46 PM »

I didn't know you were on there, more of us are lifers than I thought lol.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2014, 09:01:46 PM »

It's weird to see that so many of us have been around for so long. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2014, 02:09:30 AM »

I agree lol. It's probably why we have such great convos about writing. While it is fanfic, it's something we take seriously as writers :).

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2014, 08:11:31 AM »

I didn't know you were on there, more of us are lifers than I thought lol.

Oh yeah, those were the days! I remember making these complicated backgrounds and then html'ing everything so that each chapter was in the center of the layout.  I purchased my one and only domain so-many-words.net and thought I was the bomb.  I'd kill to have all that copious free time now!

The Wayback Machine reminds me that you might not every be able to escape your awesome teenage web publications totally:  https://web.archive.org/web/20030211061415/http://so-many-words.net/

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2014, 08:46:22 PM »

I think I remember your domain!  I never knew that was your site though!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »

You know though I think my fave thing to come out of how out corner of fanfic died down a little is this forum. I love bein mg able to talk about writing/reading like this. And I've made some awesome friendships.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2014, 09:03:34 PM »

I agree! I wish more people would actually chat lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2014, 09:10:09 PM »

Me too lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2014, 09:13:58 PM »

I do have to say, all this talking about the old days and the old stories has made me want to go back and reread something. I have just been trying to figure out what I want to read again. I've narrowed it down to Seven Days or Ground Zero! I should go back really old school and read Swollen Issues again. lol

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2014, 09:49:23 PM »

it takes me a while to open up and get me into talking lol....but even though I have been around I didnt have  a whole lot of time to read since I was a teenager when most of this stuff came out and then I had babies..and well that left out a lot of time to write and read, but now that they are in school yay me i can do more things LOL.
~Carter~

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2014, 02:27:37 PM »

All this talk about old stories and writers has made me nostalgic and has made me go on a scavenger hunt for some of the old stories.  It has also made me reflect on my "fan fiction life."  I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here's my question for all of you: What was it like for you, both as a reader and/or writer, to send/receive that first feedback?

As I've mentioned before, my first feedback was sent to Chaos for "Ground Zero."  I had the feeling that I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what to say.  I just didn't want to sound stupid!  So in an e-mail, I said I'm loving your story and thanks for sharing.  I know, totally fangirl, right! But I really didn't know what to say.  But, to my surprise, I got a reply from Chaos saying thanks, I would did I really like about the story.  If not for that reply, I think most of my feedback/reviews would be like that first one.  But I was given permission to discuss my thoughts with the creator of the story.....it was pretty heady for me!

So, what was your first time like?
Pammy Whammy

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2014, 02:53:05 PM »

Hey Pammy, I'm going to go ahead and move your question into the questions to ponder thread as well because that's where we usually  put those type of questions but I loved this one and will answer in a bit! 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9