Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Those were the days!  (Read 28406 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Those were the days!
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »

Aww now that Dottie, Jen and Reb are back, I am hoping more people will resurface. We need Kelly and Sarah to come back. Maybe I need to write another romance because that's what brought Sarah out of hiding the last time! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2014, 05:07:18 AM »

Just had to share this!  While filling out the firsts and lasts survey, I looked up an old website I remember reading stories on, wiggycool.com.  The site has been down since at least 2001, but some of it is still viewable through the Wayback Machine.  Just check out the summaries of these hosted stories from circa 1999: https://web.archive.org/web/20000620132132/http://www.bsbfanfic.8m.com/group.html

Click the Nick link at the bottom for even more!  You will definitely notice some patterns.  Lots of girl groups.  Lots of girls moving in next door to a Backstreet Boy, vacationing in Florida, or winning contests to meet the Boys.  Lots of... snow storms, for some reason?  I don't remember that being a big storyline, but apparently it was on this site.  And lots of stories titled "So-and-So's BSB Story."  Okay then. LOL

In short, we've come a LONG way in this fandom in terms of creativity and originality!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2014, 05:31:42 AM »

Lmao wow it's so easy to forget how far we've come in our corner of the fandom.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2014, 06:15:34 AM »

Yikes! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2014, 06:22:55 PM »

I begin to read fanfiction when I have 15 years old on french web site when they have many slash story. I begin to write with one my friend and we keep our story for us. Now I like post my fanfic and the duet fanfic
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]