Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FS for July: Dodging The Daylight by KeepThisSecret  (Read 11226 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for July: Dodging The Daylight by KeepThisSecret
« on: July 01, 2014, 04:23:55 AM »

Happy July and middle of summer (for many of us)  :)

Our last featured story before we begin our top ten countdown to 100 will be Dodging the Daylight by KeepThisSecret .

At first I was really hesitant to read this story because right at the beginning, Nick is murdered and we all know how I feel about my Backstreet Boys being alive. I'm so glad I went ahead and gave it a try. You should all go check it out if you haven't yet, especially if you are a big fan of suspense, bromance, drama and good writing!

Here is the link: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11254

Happy Reading!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for July: Dodging The Daylight by KeepThisSecret
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 04:25:10 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 04:40:55 AM »

Popping in to say even though I fell behind cause of life stuff, I loved this story and can't wait till I get a moment to catch up after the reading challenge! I was telling everyone about this story and for good reason :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:01:47 AM »

Yay!  I love this story and am also looking forward to catching up on it after my last summer class ends this week!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 02:41:47 PM »

First of all, I just wanted to say a massive "THANK YOU" for featuring my story this month. I also want to extend my thanks to everyone who is currently reading Dodging The Daylight. I really appreciate the fact that people are giving my writing a chance. I am new to AC and everyone has been so welcoming and the feedback that I have been receiving has been amazing. You have all made me feel seriously warm and fuzzy inside.  ;D

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? I was originally thinking that members of Nick's family would be the villains in this story (tried to kill him for his money type of deal), but that idea quickly died as I got farther along. Looking back, I'm so glad that I went away from that idea.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? I have been writing this story on and off over the course of about four months. Although it is currently only a few chapters away from being finished, I am still going back and revising certain aspects before I post the chapters.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. * This new summary definitely contains a HUGE spoiler. I know that a lot of people probably stayed away from this story because of the whole Nick being dead idea, so I hope this new summary eases some of those fears and encourages those of you who were on the fence to give the story a shot.*  ;) -- When a Nick Carter look-a-like is killed due to a supposed case of mistaken identity, the boys find themselves ripped away from their families and placed in a "safe house". The events that follow require the boys to come together in a way that they haven't been able to since the early days of their career. As the boys struggle with the clear divisions that exist within their group, they are forced to fight for their lives while they wait for the police to figure out who is targeting them.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? I was actually watching an episode of Castle in which a celebrity look-a-like was killed due to a case of mistaken identity. So, I suppose I should send out a "thank you" to the writers of Castle for being my inspiration.

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? Surprisingly, my favourite character is AJ. I've tried to make him a little bit more prominent in this story by focusing on his respective relationships with Brian and Nick and the way in which he "interferes" with the whole Frick and Frack dynamic.

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? I hate to say it, but it's Howie. I REALLY struggle to channel his character. I have tried hard to include his POV, but sometimes I actually find myself dreading his chapters because I feel as though I'm not portraying him very well.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? Yes, all of the boys are in this one. I made a conscious effort to make sure that each boy has a voice in this story.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 03:29:41 PM »

I seriously believe that if you changed your current summary to the one you just put in here, even more people would check out your story. You should consider doing that!

Your Howie comes off great FYI.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 05:18:02 PM »

Here is to getting to know you a little better!

1. Real name:
2. How long have you been on AC?
3. How long have you been writing fanfics?
4. Give us a list of stories you have written.
5. List some of your all time favorite stories you have read.
6. Do you have your own site?
7. What are your favorite types of stories to read?
8. Who is your favorite BSB?
9. Do you find yourself writing about him more than the others?
10. What do you want to do with the rest of your life?
11. Where are you from?
12. What kinds of hobbies do you enjoy?
13. What's your favorite movie?
14. What's your favorite book?
15. Any hidden talents?

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 08:19:04 AM »

Some of these questions are really tough ...  ???

Here is to getting to know you a little better!

1. Real name: Erika
2. How long have you been on AC? A little less then a year.
3. How long have you been writing fanfics? Oh God ... I used to write them back in high school, but I never posted any of those stories online (they were cringe worthy at best, but my friends seemed to like them). I started writing again about a year ago after taking a massive break.
4. Give us a list of stories you have written. On AC: "Fan Connection", "A Dash of Cinnamon" and "Dodging The Daylight" (in progress)
5. List some of your all time favorite stories you have read. We're talking the classics?? "Where Can We Go From Here?" by Whitney, "The Boys in the Basement" and "Everybody" by Eboni, and "Ground Zero" by Chaos are the ones that come to mind first.
6. Do you have your own site? Nope!
7. What are your favorite types of stories to read? I will give pretty much anything a chance. Drama and suspense are my favourite, but I like a romance if it is well-written. I'm a sucker for bromance as well.
8. Who is your favorite BSB? Brian  ;D
9. Do you find yourself writing about him more than the others? Yeah ...
10. What do you want to do with the rest of your life? This is a loaded question!! Ummmm ... I want to do whatever it is that makes me happy ...  :P
11. Where are you from? Canada!!
12. What kinds of hobbies do you enjoy? Reading, writing, scrap-booking, and spending massive amounts of time with my friends and my hubby.
13. What's your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing!!
14. What's your favorite book? I, honestly, don't have a favourite book. I love too many authors/books to be able to pick a favourite.
15. Any hidden talents? Nope! I'm not that interesting. LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 10:27:52 AM »

I'm loving this story, even though I'm a bit behind, I plan on catching up this weekend if I can :)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 11:05:23 AM »

I need to read this story as I've heard great things, I'm just terrible at keeping up with in-progress fics! Congrats on being featured though :)

Where in Canada are you from? I'm in Winnipeg!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 09:47:21 PM »

this is one of my favorite stories like ever!!! Its so well written....I have had to catch up a few times since I was gone all last month but I always get a smile on my face when I see this story has been updated!
~Carter~

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 07:58:51 AM »

Saskabelle, I'm from Toronto.  :) You should definitely check the story out (no bias on my part there ... LOL)!!

Carter and Carter-Orange, thanks so much for your kind words!! I'm so glad that you're both enjoying the story (even if you may be a bit behind  :P ).

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »

Nice! I do love Toronto... Julilly and I have found ourselves there often for BSB events! I'll be over there on August long weekend as well.

I will def check it out :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 10:39:34 AM »

I just want to say that this feature is well deserved and this story is amazing. I was telling people to read it because it is really good. I like a great suspense story not to mention lots of bromance. Congrats!

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:17 AM »

I just want to say that this feature is well deserved and this story is amazing. I was telling people to read it because it is really good. I like a great suspense story not to mention lots of bromance. Congrats!

;D Amazing! Thank you so much!

Nice! I do love Toronto... Julilly and I have found ourselves there often for BSB events! I'll be over there on August long weekend as well.

You come all the way from Winnipeg to Toronto to see BSB??  :o That's dedication!! You must have been beyond excited when the boys played in Winnipeg during this the last leg of the tour.  :P
Pages: [1] 2