Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: A Backstreet Boys story  (Read 20490 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
A Backstreet Boys story
« on: July 12, 2014, 07:38:57 AM »

I thought this would be fun. Fill in the blanks to complete your Backstreet Story. I at first wanted to make this a challenge and have you fill out how other people might answer, but I wasn't sure who would do it and who wouldn't. LOL

PUt your answers inside  the [ ] and make sure you bold them to make it easier to read.

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the [CD name] era. At that time [BSB member] was my favorite Backstreet Boy because [reason]. My favorite song used to be [name your very first favorite BSB song] but now I love [name your current favorite BSB song]. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour [number] times. My favorite tour was [name the tour] because [reason]. The one song I wish they would perform in concert is [a song usually left off the set list] and take out [a song you think they should omit].

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is [your current favorite] because [reason]. I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of [name of a BSB] but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give [name of a BSB] much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If [name of a BSB] were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose [name of a BSB] because [reason].

The one thing I love most about these boys is [reason you're a fan]. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be [what's something you wish they would do differently].

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is [pet peeve here]. I think [name of BSB] is the most fan friendly where [Name of BSB] needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless [give us something they might do to have you stop being a fan].
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:43:28 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: A Backstreet Boys story
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 12:28:34 PM »

Fun!!

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the Backstreet's Back era. At that time Nick was my favorite Backstreet Boy because he was blonde. My favorite song used to be That's The Way I Like It but now I love Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon and Climbing The Walls. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour 15 times. My favorite tour was In a World Like This because Nick sang directly to me. The one song I wish they would perform in concert is Get Another Boyfriend and take out I'll Never Break Your Heart.

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is Nick because he's still blonde lol. I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of Howie but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give AJ much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If Nick were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose Kevin because he was already gone and I'm used to it that way.

The one thing I love most about these boys is their music and their love for each other. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be how expensive their fan events are for the value that you get.

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is when people take everything the boys do so seriously. I think Nick is the most fan friendly where Brian needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless Nick left the group.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 01:48:46 PM »

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the US Backstreet Boys era. At that time Brian was my favorite Backstreet Boy because he was the cute, funny one - totally my type. My favorite song used to be As Long as You Love Me but now I love Don't Wanna Lose You Now. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour 17 times. My favorite tour was In a World Like This because KEVIN!!!  Also good seats, good friends, VIP, old-school dancing, and amazing new songs! The one song I wish they would perform in concert is One Phone Call and take out I'll Never Break Your Heart.

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is still Brian because he's still cute and funny, and I admire his strength of character. I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of Nick but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give [name of a BSB] much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with himI used to not care much about Howie or Kevin, but I love them both now!  If Brian or Nick were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but if I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose no one because losing Kevin was hard enough, and now that he's back, I can't imagine anyone ever leaving again(But if I really HAD to pick, I guess I'd pick Howie because the songs would be affected the least, and I'm too grateful for Kevin to pick him.)

The one thing I love most about these boys is their personalities and how they mesh together. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be not to indulge obnoxious fans with special attention (tweets, shoes, etc.).

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is all the complaining - despite how hard the Boys work to please their fans, some fans are never happy!. I think Nick is the most fan friendly where Brian needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless the world ends, in which case I will hopefully continue being a fan in the afterlife.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »

I was really hoping I'd see more of these filled out! I saw a bunch of people in this thread earlier!

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the [Black and Blue just before their hiatus] era. At that time [Kevin] was my favorite Backstreet Boy because [He just had this 'I want to protect you and keep you safe' vibe. And the green eyes didn't hurt either.]. My favorite song used to be [I Want it That Way] but now I love [I Want it That Way, still]. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour [5] times. My favorite tour was [Never Gone] because [I went to two concerts and had excellent seats at both and went with friends. We had a great time]. The one song I wish they would perform in concert is [Bigger] and take out [I'll Never Break Your Heart].

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is [Kevin and Nick] because [I love their personalities]. I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of [Howie] but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give [AJ] much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If [Nick] were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose [Brian] because [I find him annoying lol].

The one thing I love most about these boys is [Their brotherly interactions with each other and of course their blended harmonies]. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be [Stop favoring the fans who can afford things versus the ones who can't. Love us all the same or don't love any of us at all].

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is [the sense of entitlement some have]. I think [Nick] is the most fan friendly where [Brian] needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless [They continue to do things that annoy me like work with the New Kids].
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:40:06 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:28 PM »

It's funny the things we all agree on.  I'll Never Break Your Heart has "gotta go!"
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:57:51 PM »

I noticed that too! I hate that song. It prevented me from taking them seriously until I heard I Want it That Way and All I Have to Give. I was like "those are the same people that sang that sexy talking song?" LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 07:44:39 PM »

LOL It's just so mid-90s cheesy R&B!  It's a pretty song in terms of the harmonies and such, but it's SO boring, and there's just not a lot they can do to change it up in concert.  Plus, Brian's vocal issues just make it painful to listen to these days.  Pass!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »

Yeah, I've never much liked their R&B stuff. It really was the talking at the beginning that did it for me though. I call it my "sit down" song because whenever they do it in the concert is when I sit and relax for a few minutes. LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 08:01:34 PM »

LOL Yes, the talking is so cheesy!  Very Boys II Men LOL.  It's my "take pictures" song because it's one where they hold still enough to get some good group shots, and it's never one I record.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 08:09:23 PM »

Did you guys see this video of a girl getting Kevin to say that part at soundcheck a couple weeks ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiruViIFri4
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 08:12:58 PM »

I did see that lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 08:13:48 PM »

LOL I just clicked on this other video posted by the same girl of them doing impressions of each other.  That shit never gets old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxrkqonF3ro
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:15:47 PM by mare »
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 08:16:30 PM »

I meant to hit quote but I hit modify lol sorry

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:17:27 PM »

LOL That's okay!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »

LOL I just clicked on this other video posted by the same girl of them doing impressions of each other.  That shit never gets old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxrkqonF3ro

There's actually a better video of that where you see Kevin doing the Nick dance lol along with Howie. Poor Kevin, I can completely see Nick tauntinghim about his solos
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6