Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: A Backstreet Boys story  (Read 20511 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: A Backstreet Boys story
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 08:35:38 PM »

Do you have a link?  I would love to see that!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »

I did on the computer I think but now I'm on my nook lol oh wait I might have favorited it on twitter if so I'll retweet it
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »

Thanks!  I saw the RT.  Here's the video for anyone who doesn't follow Mare or Cinzia on Twitter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VcbNRvRJKY&feature=youtu.be
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »

Thanks for posting that lol I have difficulties still on this thing
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »

LMAO Kevin did the Nick Muppet dance so much better than Howie; I'm glad I got to see this version! LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »

Yes he did! Its great to know they appreciate that dance as much as we do lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 09:58:28 PM »

I'm sure they make fun of Nick for that!  They have to, right? LOL
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 10:10:48 PM »

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the [Red Album] era. At that time [Brian] was my favourite Backstreet Boy because [I liked his voice and thought he was cute]. My favourite song used to be [Get Down] but now I love [Bigger]. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour [12] times. My favourite tour was [Unbreakable] because [everything was much less scripted than it is now, there was a lot more fan interaction and there was a BAND, not canned music]. The one song I wish they would perform in concert is [anything from Unbreakable and This is Us] and take out [All I Have to Gi...Zzzz].

Nowadays, my favourite Backstreet Boy is [Nick] because [it's been easiest to get to know him better because he's very public and open, his face is a nice plus]. I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of [AJ] but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give [Kevin] much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If [Nick] were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose [Kevin] because [I find him to be completely irrelevant to the dynamic of the group].

The one thing I love most about these boys is [the music and how accessible they make themselves to fans]. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be [listening to our suggestions/recommendations more and actually taking them to heart, since they're asking us to fork over our hard earned money all the time].

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is [the petty bickering]. I think [Howie] is the most fan friendly where [Brian] needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless [they run me over with a tour bus].
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:13:37 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »

I didn't know you used to be a Brian girl, Julilly!  I'm learning so much about people through this! LOL
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 12:50:50 AM »

Did you guys see this video of a girl getting Kevin to say that part at soundcheck a couple weeks ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiruViIFri4

Fun fact: the girl who got Kevin to do that is named Connie. She's actually one of my cruise roommates too.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 01:04:22 AM »

I thought this would be fun. Fill in the blanks to complete your Backstreet Story. I at first wanted to make this a challenge and have you fill out how other people might answer, but I wasn't sure who would do it and who wouldn't. LOL

Put your answers inside  the [ ] and make sure you bold them to make it easier to read.

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the [Self titled album] era. At that time [nome of them ] was my favorite Backstreet Boy because [I didn't have a favorite until 1998/1999]. My favorite song used to be [Quit Playing Games] but now I love [As Long As You Love Me]. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour [six] times. My favorite tour was [This is Us] because [it was the closest I've ever been to the stage]. The one song I wish they would perform in concert is [Siberia] and take out [More Than That].

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is [Brian and Nick] because [I am struggling because I cannot choose between them]. I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of [Kevin] but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give [Howie] much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If [Nick] were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose [none of them ] because [I don't feel any of them should leave].

The one thing I love most about these boys is [the love they have for the fans]. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be [not focus on the stuff people can't afford as much because not all fans can and it makes them feel left out].

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is [all the petty fighting]. I think [Kevin] is the most fan friendly where [Howie] needs the most work. Regardless I love these guys and will keep being a fan forever unless [nothing would stop me from being a fan].
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:18:09 AM by DelphinaCarter »

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 01:05:05 AM »

It wouldn't let me bold all the stuff for some reason so I'm sorry if it's hard to read

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 01:55:56 AM »

Fun fact: the girl who got Kevin to do that is named Connie. She's actually one of my cruise roommates too.

Oh cool!  I don't know her, but I just saw her pop up on my Twitter timeline cause Cinzia RTed this tweet of hers: https://twitter.com/cdubyah76/status/488102540752330754

Do you know anything about that?  Did that really happen at soundcheck, that Nick said Jesus was an alien?  Is there video?  Cause I need to see that if there is LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 01:58:32 AM »

I'm sorry if I'm getting this thread off topic, but in my search for soundcheck videos, I discovered that they sang my beloved One Phone Call AND Make Believe at the Darien Lake soundcheck.  I wish there were full videos, but I could only find these.

One Phone Call:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNAh1UpUFc (almost the whole song)

Make Believe:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtnSZm_fQ7g (most of it)

The fans singing along annoyed me in OPC, but Make Believe is BEAUTIFUL!  Those harmonies... wow!!  I love that song on the album, but not every song is as good live... that one is!!  They should have put that in the show.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 03:07:28 AM »

I will skip the one phone call but I'll watch the Make Believe one! I always thought that song would make a god a cappella one for them. I hear a great version of it in my head anyway. lol

Back to the surveys! Looks like everyone also agrees that if Nick were to leave the group it would implode. LOL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6